Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't sync saved pics on PC to iPad2

• 27-03-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I decided to load a heap of archive pics (all downloaded direct from a couple of different digital cameras over the last few years).

Created a folder, copied in a selection of pics, tried to sync, but the majority of them can't be played on the iPad.

Is it game over or is there some conversion I can do to transfer them over?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Soooo, yeah... that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

What machine do you have?

If its a mac - then iPhoto will handle the photos, and tell iTunes to sync photos

Otherwise, in iTunes click sync photos and you can point to the photo folder

When you say cant be viewed on the iPad..do you mean they are not sync or are on the iPad just blank when you look at them

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Thanks. Answers...

iPad2 64GB

Sony Vaio laptop

I have created a folder in the laptop, added about 100 pictures to it, named it 'photos for iPad', connected iPad to laptop, go to Photos tab in iPad in iTunes and choose this folder to sync.

Of the hundred odd pics, 85 error out with 'can't be played on this iPad' (not exact wording, maybe, but very close and 'played' was the keyword).

I reckon I'm doing the sync thing correctly but some pics just aren't allowed.

Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

I presume all the photos are jpg/jpeg files?

I would:

- Delete the "ipod photo cache" that was created in your photos folder when you attempted the sync.
    - Remove the photos from the ipad (i.e., plug in iPad, go to photos tab, uncheck sync photos and apply).
    - Try to sync again.

I have a vaio (win7) and ipad, with photos syncing no problem. I have a flat folder structure, with "photos/albumname1, photos/albumname2 etc." This keeps the photos in albums on the iPad for easier browsing afterwards. It's designed best for linking with iPhoto on a mac, where organised albums are synced.

Thanks kindly. I'll try all that over the weekend...

• Advertisement
Advertisement