Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

You know the way you are asked to PM mods if you have an issue and not discuss it on here? Do they normally respond? In the past they have.

I followed the rules and asked the mod in question why my thread had been locked but I have had no reply.

If you ban me for asking this question then I throw the hands up and give up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

They might not have seen your PM yet. Mods have jobs (this is voluntary...)and sometimes real life stuff means they're offline or just skimming to keep the place spic and span.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Having the same problem with the town wardens thread. Sent a query on sunday. No reply. I felt the issue was still 'live'. TBH it feels like a partisan bias to me. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

I have withdrawn from being active on this board because of the actions of the mods.

I can understand the mods fear of a thread spiralling out of control, but when compared to the GUBOH and Greystones Open Forum facebook sites where the moderation is light/non-existent and the users admonish each other, I find the moderation here on occasion heavy-handed and unjust.

However, there is a big difference between these boards and fb, and that is that here we are all anonymous, whereas we are (mostly) public on fb. People say things anonymously that they would not dare to say publicly.

So the mods walk a fine line, and I very much appreciate their efforts. They should though allow threads to court disaster a little closer than they do - they can always delete offending posts rather than closing threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

All PM's will be dealt with in time.

Moderators are volunteers, we are not on line 24/7.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement