Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

Be getting rid of UPC by the sounds of it haha getting everything with sky haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

besides Chuck Norris and tripper, have any of you actually started working at Sky yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

SuarezLFC wrote: »
    Be getting rid of UPC by the sounds of it haha getting everything with sky haha

You most certainly won't. The broadband that $ky will be offering will be no different to whats commonly available, i.e. up to 8mbs. The only carrot fot the punter might be that their bb & phone might be cheaper from $ky, as it is in the UK. UPC's fibre broadband offering is megamiles ahead of anything the other providers can offer and they will still be well ahead despite Eircom's effort to provide a semblance of a fibre service , as they are endeavouring to do at present.

You most certainly won't. The broadband that $ky will be offering will be no different to whats commonly available, i.e. up to 8mbs. The only carrot fot the punter might be that their bb & phone might be cheaper from $ky, as it is in the UK. UPC's fibre broadband offering is megamiles ahead of anything the other providers can offer and they will still be well ahead despite Eircom's effort to provide a semblance of a fibre service , as they are endeavouring to do at present.

UPC's tv is a load of sh!te. Sky's tv service is at the very least ten times better. And if you find that regular non-UPC broadband is enough for you, then there's no reason not to have your TV, Broadband and Phone all in one tidy Sky bill. And did I mention that UPC tv is complete junk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

whirlpool wrote: »

UPC's tv is a load of sh!te. Sky's tv service is at the very least ten times better. And if you find that regular non-UPC broadband is enough for you, then there's no reason not to have your TV, Broadband and Phone all in one tidy Sky bill. And did I mention that UPC tv is complete junk?

Well Sky are hardly cheap. And in the current economic climate, it's the cost of bills that people are worrying about, not having 'one tidy Sky bill'. I'm quite happy with the 150 channels on my combi box.... And it doesn't cost me a single cent. So you can keep the sales pitch for your new callers.

• Advertisement

I have Internet with eircom. Ya shudnt be jumpin to conclusion hahaha we see wen I start wats on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Oh I beg to differ on that one there man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Just out of curiosity, am I the only starting 7th Jan doing 9:00-5:30? They called me a couple of weeks ago now with the verbal offer (early October) and they said that's what my hours were and so does my contract. Everyone's talk of early/late hours has me kinda curious as to wonder is this really what my hours are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

david_d2 wrote: »
    Thanks tripper -- ill be on the 2.30-11 training shift -- getting real excited about it now

Snap

Well Sky are hardly cheap. And in the current economic climate, it's the cost of bills that people are worrying about, not having 'one tidy Sky bill'. I'm quite happy with the 150 channels on my combi box.... And it doesn't cost me a single cent. So you can keep the sales pitch for your new callers.

Do your research sky is cheaper then UPC...it's cheaper to have your tv with sky and your phone and broadband with UPC at the moment then the 3 in 1 with UPC

Point 2 this is for thread is for people working for sky or enquiring about working for sky if you want prices please contact 0818719819

• Advertisement

Sky were looking to do a trial in dun Laoighre of 80 mb... I heard this 3 months ago maybe chuck can confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Starting to get nervous for my assessment on Monday now! Silly question perhaps, but should I wear a suit or not? Any other advice/anything I should be prepared for??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 david_d2

Took a drive by last night to have a look -- looks pretty cool -- cant wait to get in --- nice summer lunches sitting out at the canal are on the table i think -- im lucky i live only 15 min walk so im happy --- whats the training like so far -- is it mostly lads or is there a few girls -

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wils110 wrote: »
    Sky were looking to do a trial in dun Laoighre of 80 mb... I heard this 3 months ago maybe chuck can confirm

This is very much a small -to-medium sized leap there...

The reason is.. Sky have signed an agreement with BT to provide the BB infrastructure, shortly after BT announce plans in Dun Laoghaire for a 80 MB fibre trial for residential customers.

It's not too far to jump to see that Sky customers in Dun Laoghaire could be on this at somepoint.

Chuck just on your point, it's not that accurate.
    In cities people will get more than 8mb, in rural areas they will get less.

This is very much a small -to-medium sized leap there...

The reason is.. Sky have signed an agreement with BT to provide the BB infrastructure, shortly after BT announce plans in Dun Laoghaire for a 80 MB fibre trial for residential customers.

It's not too far to jump to see that Sky customers in Dun Laoghaire could be on this at somepoint.

Chuck just on your point, it's not that accurate.
    In cities people will get more than 8mb, in rural areas they will get less.

This is true. I was disagreeing with the up to 8meg portion of the post I was quoting. Didn't want to say much more, as I'm not sure how much I can say.

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Starting to get nervous for my assessment on Monday now! Silly question perhaps, but should I wear a suit or not? Any other advice/anything I should be prepared for??

Don't be stressing at all man. They're very good at settling nerves. And they expect people to be slightly nervous.

As to wearing a suit or not, my advice is to always err on the side of caution. It's only for a couple of hours. And you can take your jacket off. The dress code in the office itself is fairly relaxed, but personally I would always wear a suit to an interview.

Don't be stressing at all man. They're very good at settling nerves. And they expect people to be slightly nervous.

As to wearing a suit or not, my advice is to always err on the side of caution. It's only for a couple of hours. And you can take your jacket off. The dress code in the office itself is fairly relaxed, but personally I would always wear a suit to an interview.

What is the dress code as what do people wear in to the office

What is the dress code as what do people wear in to the office

Mangers/ team leaders are smart casual. Advisors are jeans and tshirt. No football jerseys, or tops with offensive logos/ slogans.

Mangers/ team leaders are smart casual. Advisors are jeans and tshirt. No football jerseys, or tops with offensive logos/ slogans.

Love u now chuck hahaha that's a perk in itself!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This is true. I was disagreeing with the up to 8meg portion of the post I was quoting. Didn't want to say much more, as I'm not sure how much I can say.

Chuck it aint secret info, basically anyone on bitstream is going to be getting pretty much a similar service no matter who their provider

• Advertisement

Chuck it aint secret info, basically anyone on bitstream is going to be getting pretty much a similar service no matter who their provider

True, but was just covering my ass basically!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

nice ass covering move on your part there :)

True, but was just covering my ass basically!

Good to know you're towing the party line :cool:

whirlpool wrote: »

I was not talking about UPC's Tv service. I was talking about the BB service. which is megamiles ahead of any other operator in Ireland. Just read the techie forums to satisfy yourself.

Good to know you're towing the party line :cool:

Hey, I believe in better. Always! :pac:

I was not talking about UPC's Tv service. I was talking about the BB service. which is megamiles ahead of any other operator in Ireland. Just read the techie forums to satisfy yourself.

For the areas in which it is available. I'm not disagreeing with you on your point at all, they do provide fantastic speeds for those people that require them. It's just a thing that their fantastic speeds aren't available everywhere.

Hey, Chuck. Its very obvious you have not been outside the Pale:D There are only a handful of urban areas outside of Dublin that are cabled. The rest of us, the big majority, can only get bb via a copper cable. In that case Eircom, Vodafone & BT can only offer up to 8 mbs. $ky will be constrained by that limit also. No way are they going to invest millions upon millions to cable towns of 5 or 6000 population. The did'nt do it in UK. So the only way they can compete is on bundle price, exactly the same as they are doing in UK

Best of luck with the job. No doubt you will enlighten us all in due course:). And don't forget a discount for Boardies:)

EDIT; Only saw your post above when I posted this !!!

Hey, Chuck. Its very obvious you have not been outside the Pale:D There are only a handful of urban areas outside of Dublin that are cabled. The rest of us, the big majority, can only get bb via a copper cable. In that case Eircom, Vodafone & BT can only offer up to 8 mbs. $ky will be constrained by that limit also. No way are they going to invest millions upon millions to cable towns of 5 or 6000 population. The did'nt do it in UK. So the only way they can compete is on bundle price, exactly the same as they are doing in UK

Best of luck with the job. No doubt you will enlighten us all in due course:). And don't forget a discount for Boardies:)

EDIT; Only saw your post above when I posted this !!!

It's all good man. My attitude to this is very simple. Competition, which is always a good thing.

UPC shook things up a bit when they entered the market, and from all the calls being made by vodafone, eircom and the like in the past few months, they're trying to tie up their customers before sky launch their service.

Sky will shake up the market as well, and will continue to do so. That's my interpretation of how things are gonna go anyway.

And thanks man. As I've been saying on the thread, it's a great place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 david_d2

Does anyone know if we will Be on Rotating shifts or on the same shift every week once training is over ?

• Advertisement

hi david rotating shifts are the norm after training

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

Hey guys,

I applied for Sales & Service Operational Administrator role online on Friday.

Just wondering how long roughly it would take to hear back & if anyone could let me know about salaries etc?

Also, would it be worth my while applying for a Sales Advisor role too?

Cheers

It wasn't a sales pitch. I've always despised cablelink/ntl/upc - their customer service has been atrocious since at LEAST 1996, their digital tv interface is slow and laggy, and Sky's basic package is €25 with free installation, while UPC's is €26.50 with €45 for installation. So, what's your response to that?

Lads.. (and perhaps ladies) those comments should be in the satellite forum.
    This is about the jobs people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey

I have my first assessment wednesday, can anyone send me a pm and offer any advice possible!! So nervous, travelling up from kerry so I dont want to blow it!!

Hey guys,

I'm the same i just got a call there for my first assessment which is next Monday.
    Can anyone PM me please with some advice/tips?
    Also regarding salaries, as they were a bit sketchy about this on the phone....

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jamdar

Hey guys,

What documentation do you need to take with you for the second round of interviews?

jamdar wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What documentation do you need to take with you for the second round of interviews?

If you got through, you should've received an email from them. It should be on there, but as far as I recall you need proof of address, passport, proof of PPS number and your personal details forms filled out, along with your declaration signed. You might need your bank statement, can't fully remember, but you should bring it just in case. You could always use it as your proof of address

Hey folks, just wanted to say thanks to any and everyone who gave me any advice regarding the assessments so far!

Got a call this morning to say I passed my assessment and I am now through to the role playing part this coming Friday!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Hey folks, just wanted to say thanks to any and everyone who gave me any advice regarding the assessments so far!

Got a call this morning to say I passed my assessment and I am now through to the role playing part this coming Friday!

What role

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

what experience do you need for these jobs ?

• Advertisement

What role
    Sales advisor

Exactly what you think the role play will be read up on sky as much as you can different channel packages and what demographic they suit...everything else is common sence to be honest

Guys,

Any tips for my first interview on Monday? Can anyone PM me with what i should expect? Cheers :)

Just back from my first assesnent. Feel like it went really well but no sure :-) im hopefull anyway :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Just back from my first assesnent. Feel like it went really well but no sure :-) im hopefull anyway :-)

Best of luck!;)

best of luck tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Hi chuck,

I saw that you have been helping a lot of people out on here.

I have my assessment day on wednesday would you be able to pm me some details on what to expect. I have a bit of an idea but some more information would be great.

Cheers

Just handed in my notice to my current employer today, coincidentally the guys on the recruitment team contacted me today to reconfirm starting on Jan 7th. They'll be doing the meet and greet the week before he said, but they'll be in touch to confirm date/time. All getting gradually real :)

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Just handed in my notice to my current employer today, coincidentally the guys on the recruitment team contacted me today to reconfirm starting on Jan 7th. They'll be doing the meet and greet the week before he said, but they'll be in touch to confirm date/time. All getting gradually real :)

Well done :)

Got the same call I questioned the background checks still had to be done...don't worr bout that I was told

• Advertisement
Advertisement