Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Check your PM matey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Has my second assessment yeaterday....

Had an email this morning saying I passed and they will be in contact when they have the next available start date and its subject.to satisfactory referenes...

So this this mean I pretty much have the job?

(I know all my references will be good :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Had an email this morning saying I passed and they will be in contact when they have the next available start date and its subject.to satisfactory referenes...

Sure does

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

Sounds like congrats are in order Tommy! Well done!How was the interview for you?

Wils110 wrote: »

Sure does

Thanks Wils110, Im so happy right now.:-D !!!!

crby wrote: »
    Sounds like congrats are in order Tommy! Well done!How was the interview for you?

It went grand, like everyone else said they look for genuine honest people, and someone who is polite and friendly...

In the interview just be honest, I was brutally honest about where I went wrong, I think this was very important, if you can.see where you went wrong yourself you can improve :-)

Tommy :-) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

I am pleased to say I passed tooooo!!!

Thanks to all on this thread who have helped with their answers and posts!!! I was a lurker on Boards.ie for years looking for Littlewoods Discount Codes :rolleyes: and I stumbled upon this thread a month ago when I first decided to apply to SKY!!! It has been very helpful. I recommend anyone who is interested to read through the posts from start to finish to get a general idea of what to expect. There is very helpful advice to be had!!!

Thanks again y'all :D

Thanks Wils110, Im so happy right now.:-D !!!!

What position you go for I seen on jobs.ie there advertising for February now for part time staff also and full time obv

It went grand, like everyone else said they look for genuine honest people, and someone who is polite and friendly...

In the interview just be honest, I was brutally honest about where I went wrong, I think this was very important, if you can.see where you went wrong yourself you can improve :-)

Tommy :-) :-)

Cheers for the advice Tommy, mine is next Thursday, fingers crossed it goes well!

What position you go for I seen on jobs.ie there advertising for February now for part time staff also and full time obv

Sales adviser - full time

• Advertisement

mar2000 wrote: »
    I am pleased to say I passed tooooo!!!

Thanks to all on this thread who have helped with their answers and posts!!! I was a lurker on Boards.ie for years looking for Littlewoods Discount Codes :rolleyes: and I stumbled upon this thread a month ago when I first decided to apply to SKY!!! It has been very helpful. I recommend anyone who is interested to read through the posts from start to finish to get a general idea of what to expect. There is very helpful advice to be had!!!

Thanks again y'all :D

Well done :-) Congrats.:-D You must be.delighted aswell !!! :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Just finished reading all 38 pages. I got a call from Sky today for an interview/assessment on Monday for Sales Advisor, and wondered if anyone could give us some advice for it? What should I expect for the assessment? Should I wear a suit?

Turbine wrote: »
    Just finished reading all 38 pages. I got a call from Sky today for an interview/assessment on Monday for Sales Advisor, and wondered if anyone could give us some advice for it? What should I expect for the assessment? Should I wear a suit?

Hey Turbine, first interview you will be interviewed by 4 seperate people mainly with behavioural type questions like "what would you do/or have done in a certain scenario" eg:how u showed empathy to a customer. Best advice i was given on here was to research the STAR interview technique on internet!If you have a suit wear it but i wore just shirt & tie and i was grand.Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

well done mar2000 great news and welcome aboard look forward to seeing you when you start :)

Hey :-) I got a call and offered feb start date subject to reference checks which I know will be grand as I get on great with all my previous employers :-)

I have a few questions which I would be greatfull if a sky employee could answer for me :-)

1) Can you describe what a typical day emtails?

2) When do you get access to the sky portal to enter your bank acc details ect..

3) Any advice where would be a good area to live? I need to start looking asap as I am from Kerry so ill be moving up.

4) Cab anyone advise me on the commission structure in place?

5) Is there any discount for emoloyees for any Gym?

If anyone could answer any of these questions either on here or PM, it would be great ...

I want to thank everyone here for there help so far and I cant wait to be working with ye, good times ahead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

There is yea my mate had the 1st assesment last week an if she gets it she starts on th 7 th aswell

Janruaury is full... Feb 13th is the next date... Has been for last three weeks

To live Dublin city centre or the luas line towards cheery orchard...you get an email shortly to enter alot of details using your sky username an that hope it helps good luck with the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Tommy-Kerry may I suggest the Dublin city section of boards for advice on where to stay in Dublin as like any city, it has really nice areas but also really rough areas too. Best ask the locals @ Dublin City

Hi Tommy kerry
    it is nearly impossible to describe a typical day each role has different parameters but if it helps each team of people is assigned to a team leader who you report to directly. There is a great emphasis on communication so there are daily briefs and team meetings which is a great way to share knowledge and tips that we've picked up. the new sunbsidised canteen has opened and is great value. there are rest areas and tea stations with pool tables table tennis and x box. there was talk of a gym subscription but so far that has not materialised. the advice from wills was good living near to a luas line can be useful but a lot of city bus routes pass nearby the job.hope this helps a little.

• Advertisement

To live Dublin city centre or the luas line towards cheery orchard...you get an email shortly to enter alot of details using your sky username an that hope it helps good luck with the rest

Ment cherry wood

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

I'm going to be gettin the luas in more than likely but I'm worried I won't get in for 7 I clock ?! Any one have problems with that too

• Registered Users Posts: 6 david_d2

Just a quick question for anyone who has already started - Do you have to work 8 hours a a day or is it 8 and 1/2. Like if i start at 9 will i finish at 5 or half 5 -- just wondering because in a previous call centres i worked in i started at 8 but finished at half 4 - ya got 15 mins for breakfast half and hour lunch and 15 min in the afternoon but they made you work ur half an hour up in the evening -- is it like that or whats the story with breaks in general ????

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGuy1976

Hey :-) I got a call and offered feb start date subject to reference checks which I know will be grand as I get on great with all my previous employers :-)

I have a few questions which I would be greatfull if a sky employee could answer for me :-)

1) Can you describe what a typical day emtails?

2) When do you get access to the sky portal to enter your bank acc details ect..

3) Any advice where would be a good area to live? I need to start looking asap as I am from Kerry so ill be moving up.

4) Cab anyone advise me on the commission structure in place?

5) Is there any discount for emoloyees for any Gym?

If anyone could answer any of these questions either on here or PM, it would be great ...

I want to thank everyone here for there help so far and I cant wait to be working with ye, good times ahead :-)

Hi Tommy. I start in February too. About a week after I got the call with the verbal offer and start date and times, I got a welcome to sky email with access to the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Susan25

Have my sky assessment/interview stage 1 next week for service advisor! Wondering if someone could pm me what this involves? and what I should wear ect as I am really nervous and am unsure what to expect..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 onepoundfish

Had my first stage assessment last Thursday, was told I would find out if I was successful within 48 hours but haven't heard from them yet. Do you think it is worth ringing them or would that make me seem a bit too pushy?

Hopefully I do get to the next stage, if so can someone be kind enough to PM me as to what I can expect at the second stage.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Why are people pm'ing what the job process is? Would it not makes sense to post it here?

But Im just done with phase one assessment! fingers crossed i get the call back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

does anyone know what sunday pay is and what are working hours for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Probably been mentioned earlier in the thread but I could be all night looking for it so could someone please give a quick summary of the interview process for a sales/service advisor. I'd really like one of these jobs but I tend to be very nervous in interviews.

Two complete different rolls.between page 14 and 25 there's stuff

Reading through the thread it be worth it a lot of the stuff is the same question as yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Two complete different rolls.between page 14 and 25 there's stuff

Reading through the thread it be worth it a lot of the stuff is the same question as yours
    Thanks, I took your advice and it does give me a good idea of the place. One question, someone mentioned a presentation in one of the interviews, what does this entail? Do they give you a topic and you have to go off and write a presentation and present it or is it more a case of them springing a topic on you there and then and asking you to sell them a product?

• Advertisement

Presentation in both for me and a role play sales roll......well one was a presentation then a scenario and a role play

I assume the role play is a mock call? but what does the presentation entail?

Is the second stage interview just role play scenarios?

I had my second assessment yesterday afternoon and got an email this morning advising that i was successful! Delighted :-) Just waiting on a start date now!Thanks to all the guys on here for the great tips!

I had my second assessment yesterday afternoon and got an email this morning advising that i was successful! Delighted :-) Just waiting on a start date now!Thanks to all the guys on here for the great tips!

If you don't mind me asking what did the second stage involve?

Well done buddy :-) you could be starting with me so :-)

If you don't mind me asking what did the second stage involve?

No probs onepoundfish...first part involved a presentation & the second was a mock phone call....all you can really do to prepare is look over sky's different packages etc...you'll be grand anyway, & just be honest with them when they ask you were u think you could have done better! hope that helps!

Big thank you for everyone contributing to this thread!

Well done buddy :-) you could be starting with me so :-)

Did you get your start date yet mate?

Did you get your start date yet mate?

Yeah I'm.starting in Feb 2.30-11 :-)

• Advertisement

No probs onepoundfish...first part involved a presentation & the second was a mock phone call....all you can really do to prepare is look over sky's different packages etc...you'll be grand anyway, & just be honest with them when they ask you were u think you could have done better! hope that helps!

Thanks, sorry to be a pain but what do you mean by presentation? Did you have to present something? If so what was it?

Thanks, sorry to be a pain but what do you mean by presentation? Did you have to present something? If so what was it?

its nothing to worry about u are just given a scenario about a potential customer and u have to pick a package for him & explain why..just write your points on flipchart & explain back to the interviewer...you are given 30 mins to prepare.

its nothing to worry about u are just given a scenario about a potential customer and u have to pick a package for him & explain why..just write your points on flipchart & explain back to the interviewer...you are given 30 mins to prepare.

Ah right, thanks for the info, that doesn't sound too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

hey i got call that am chosen for service advisor role,to start from march last week,have anyone?? also anyone been through team lead interview??please like to know ,,i have something to discuss about it

great news cryb welcome on board look forward to seeing you when you join :)

Hey guys! How long after the verbal offer did ye get access to the sky portal, and how long untill ye got a call off the reference checking agency?

just wondering guys how long after getting the email advising that you were successful do you get the verbal offer?

A few days for verbal offer then a just over a week for the sky portal stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

I had my second interview yesterday and I got the email today to say I was succesful. Wanted to say thanks to all who helped on this thread.

If I can help anyone please pm me and I will do my best.

• Advertisement

I had my second interview yesterday and I got the email today to say I was succesful. Wanted to say thanks to all who helped on this thread.

If I can help anyone please pm me and I will do my best.

Well done :-) Its such a great feeling isnt it! ;-). Same here if anyone at all needs advice ill help as much as possible.. :-)

Advertisement