Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I have stage 2 assessment in January, hope the offer still stands? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I have stage 2 assessment in January, hope the offer still stands? ;)

Ill pm you there in an hour bud :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Got the provisional type acceptance email (Waiting on confirmation of references)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

Got the provisional type acceptance email (Waiting on confirmation of references)

well done Dave!

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Got the call there to say I'm through to second stage.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 philser27

Just wondering how long does the process usually take from sending in application to starting. In college and wondering if i should apply now for when Im finished in may. Cheers

philser27 wrote: »
    Just wondering how long does the process usually take from sending in application to starting. In college and wondering if i should apply now for when Im finished in may. Cheers

It varies with everyone but they are normaly fairly quck to inform you after each stage of the process..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Had my first assesment yesterday. Got a call today, now I have my second assesment on Friday. They move quick!!! Going to have a long read through this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

MarkMc wrote: »
    Had my first assesment yesterday. Got a call today, now I have my second assesment on Friday. They move quick!!! Going to have a long read through this thread now.

Well done Mark!I got my verbal offer today with Feb 11 start but not sure i can start then so just waiting to see if theres a later date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

Well done Mark. Hope all goes well for you Friday. :)

Well done to everyone else as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I don't have my second interview till January. And I got the call last week.

I'd rather do it this side of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

philser27 wrote: »

The application/interview process is very very quick...
    However, Start dates are very slow, due to 4 weeks of training, this meaning people can only start once every 4 weeks. When I applied Jan window was still open - but then I had to go for Feb, I've seen people here saying they were offered March, so I assume Feb is full up too...

I advise you to apply, even just for the experience, and explain your needs to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I don't have my second interview till January. And I got the call last week.

I'd rather do it this side of the year.

Closing down for the festive season I'd say pal :(

Am I the only one who is moving up for the Feb intake ? Its going to be a change from Kerry !!! I'm finding it very difficult to find somewhere that's around the city center, or out the green luaus line for rent... Im looking at sharing but no luck yet! Hopefully I will get luckier after Christmas:rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Am I the only one who is moving up for the Feb intake ? Its going to be a change from Kerry !!! I'm finding it very difficult to find somewhere that's around the city center, or out the green luaus line for rent... Im looking at sharing but no luck yet! Hopefully I will get luckier after Christmas:rolleyes: :)

You try spencer dock

Wils110 wrote: »

You try spencer dock

Hey wills

Ill have a look, I hope to get a room for about 400-500pm

Start a thread in Dublin City, some of the oh so wise Dubliners may be able to give you a few ideas on places to look and experiences on the areas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGuy1976

Got a call earlier to ask if I was interested in starting on Jan 7th (my start date is Feb 11th) because someone dropped out. Couldn't do it as I have a holiday booked around that time.

Only booked it two weeks ago, so I'm raging now! Can't wait to get started

Can anyone clarify how long training is? Some have said 4 weeks and some 8 weeks? Oh for the sales adviser position.

8 weeks

Monday to Friday that's what I'm starting on

• Advertisement

8 weeks

Monday to Friday that's what I'm starting on

What are the hours like?

I'm on the 2:30 to 11;00 shift for the 8 weeks theirs also a 7:00 to 3;00 shift

How large are the training groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Does anyone know if the is anywhere to park in ballsbridge close to where sky is. Don't mind of its 10-15 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi guys
    training hours as described
    most training groups will be up to 20 in each class
    free parking in area at premium except saturdays and bank holidays
    lot of staff park away and either get luas bus in or a long walk
    depending on the shift you are on.
    there are a few parking spots in city that only charge 5 euro a day and as you can imagine they are highly sought after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of user>

CMpunked wrote: »
    <removed on request of user>

Best of luck lad, I had my second assesment today, hopefully I'll hear either way on Monday.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I read through this thread today and applied to the service advisor position with all the knowledge in my head and wasn't successful for an interview based off the questionnaire. :(

So I applied for the sales advisor instead as I kinda have a sales background, but wouldn't like to be stuck in it forever.
    Sweet baby jesus I hope i have more luck with it and the 4 hours spent reading the thread wasnt a waste of
    h
    with the application maybe it's a point worth noting on the thread that its kinda after the questionaire look here for help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

with the application maybe it's a point worth noting on the thread that its kinda after the questionaire look here for help

Very true, its why I didn't post but just had a quick look through. I wasnt expecting to do poorly with the questionnaire (who knows, maybe i didnt and they just would rather I applied for the sales side of it) as i've sold sky through retail work that i have done in the past and answered the questions honestly.

Anyway, point i'm trying to make is that's why I didnt post, but as i said, hopefully I will be able to ask advice in time.

• Advertisement

for anyone starting in January all the training rooms are set up for your arrival and all the names on display for when you arrive for your meet and greet won't be long now - just like been back at the first day of school :)

I would like to thank everyone here for their help and I wish you all a Happy Xmas and new year.

I'm looking forward to working with ye in the new year.

Tommy

Anyone hear anything today after 2nd assessments from last week?

Turbine wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything today after 2nd assessments from last week?

Nope, I'd say it'll be Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

They sent me an email earlier reminding me of my meet and greet on the 3rd and wishing me a Happy Christmas. So they were working at some point today

Hey!

Anyone know how long the backround checks take?

My stuff were send off to the UK last Friday but I know they have not rand any of my references yet..

I just really want to get my contract because I don't really want to look for accommodation until then///

Kinda hard because like I aid I am moving up from Kerry so I would like to have the contract to get going!

Tommy

• Advertisement

Got an email, offering me the job subjet to Background Checks etc!! Yay

Well done mark :-)

Same, congrats man! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

What's the first assessment like, as in what does it entail? I've loads of sales experience so hopefully goes well for a Feb 11th :)

Well done Mark!!! :)

• Advertisement

Hi ya Tommy the background checks are extensive and each case can be different. even after the contract is issued they can continue to check up so dont despair. congrats to everyone on recieving the good news. the place is all set up and ready for the new arrivals

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hi ya Tommy the background checks are extensive and each case can be different. even after the contract is issued they can continue to check up so dont despair. congrats to everyone on recieving the good news. the place is all set up and ready for the new arrivals

Jeez sounds a bit much. Is it things like references and criminal record etc?

not really they are extensive i'll give them it.basically they concentrate on the previous work experiences and will check with previous employers to make sure what you've said is all true... they havent whipped any one yet for having a parking ticket.. though there was a guy who once subscribed to UPC who had to do a forfeit ... :eek:

I hate asking this but do you any of you guys know what happens if you have holidays booked in summer - will you be allowed take them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

has anyone applied for a Planning Analyst job yet

Hi Mar upon completing your training and then the additional 4 weeks in training live on the floor the allocation of holidays will be discussed and if you have some already booked then that is the time to notify your team leader of your arrangments.. hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Just a quick Happy New Year folks, us January recruits start in a week so hopefully the new year treats us all well :)

I got the call and did I hear it wrong but you get six weeks holidays?

well done on getting the call no you heard right on holidays

tripper63 wrote: »
    well done on getting the call no you heard right on holidays

That works out 30 days holidays, never heard anyone get that much:eek:

And thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement