Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

That works out 30 days holidays, never heard anyone get that much:eek:

And thanks :)

That's including your bank holidays you may be working 20annual + 9public

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

happy new year everybody!am also thinking to ask about travel arrangements?? how people are managing if not driving to commute especially weekends as well? am worried to see that we have hardly buses returning at 11pm?if i need to travel from clonee, D-15??

memomtoo wrote: »
    happy new year everybody!am also thinking to ask about travel arrangements?? how people are managing if not driving to commute especially weekends as well? am worried to see that we have hardly buses returning at 11pm?if i need to travel from clonee, D-15??

What part of clonee you mind me asking as the 39a don't stop till 11.30 and heads down baggot street im out that way to

sent pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is anyone else waiting for the stage 2 interview to be held?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey lads! Just got a call, was meant to start Feb 11th but they've offered me to start on Monday!! Dead excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

That is great Cianan2 very best of luck to you!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I hear some of the shifts will be ending at 11pm, which kinda puts me off. I have another job I've an interview for so if I get that then I'm going to take it. I was keen on Sky, it sounds like a nice place to work and heard the canteen is great but the new days and hours for sales staff don't sound the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Will the Sky call centre call centre be open 365 days of the year like Amazon.co.uk? New employees there are virtually barred from taking time off in the 4th quarter ( due to Xmas etc). I know the Amazon call centre generally operates 7.45am-9pm and staff are expected to change shifts every 4 weeks. It didn't suit a lot of 9-5 people. But the Sky perks sound a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Anybody going tonight to the introduction for the January 7th staff? Got the call about it this morning so rang in sick to my temp job so I can go along :p

Cianan2 tell us all about it tomorrow if you can - would love to hear about it.

Was at open night last night,just met the leaders managers your team leader and the other guys on your team you get a small tour and then ask your leader a few questions

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

They called around quite a few ppl... i was in same situation... see u feb 11th
    DubGuy1976 wrote: »
    Got a call earlier to ask if I was interested in starting on Jan 7th (my start date is Feb 11th) because someone dropped out. Couldn't do it as I have a holiday booked around that time.

Only booked it two weeks ago, so I'm raging now! Can't wait to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

Hi... I'm not sure if you already got a reply... I advised them of molidays in may and was told no hols in first 8weeks, otherwise it's fine...
    mar2000 wrote: »
    I hate asking this but do you any of you guys know what happens if you have holidays booked in summer - will you be allowed take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Whats the dress code like?
    Looking forward to start Monday, I took the opportunity to take the available spot for starting on the 7th (As opposed to my original date of the 11th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

dress code is what ever you feel comfortable in only football tops and offensive slogans on tee shirts not allowed.. well done cianan look forward to meeting you .. the shifts are changing constantly and eventually will go up to 11pm at night in distant future .. hope you all enjoyed the bingo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Tripper I'm on 2.30-11pm starting Monday.

cheers dave i am on middle shift that day i'll keep an eye out let us know which class or trainer you're allocated to ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Had the induction Thursday night, looks like it'll be a great place to work. Seems there's only a handful of fellow service advisors starting compared to sales but nonetheless can't wait for Monday :-)

Tripper I'm on 2.30-11pm starting Monday.

See you then man

But I won't really because we don't know each other and boards is as bad as the illuminati

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Wils110 wrote: »

See you then man

But I won't really because we don't know each other and boards is as bad as the illuminati

There are still people going around in there, some of them on my team, asking who Chuck Norris is!!!

Best of luck to all the new starts. It's gonna be fun.

like in the movies you dont find chuck norris ... chuck norris finds you :)
    wills and j boyle good luck on the new start no doubt we'll all cross paths soon enough... i'm sworn to secrecy though i cant tell you WHO chuck norris is ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Is the training hours 9-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

there have normally been two training shift patternes
    which up till now were 7 - 3 and 2.30 - 11 but they could always change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

tripper63 wrote: »
    there have normally been two training shift patternes
    which up till now were 7 - 3 and 2.30 - 11 but they could always change

Except if you're a service advisor, our hours seem to be 9-5:30 for this month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

thats good so j boyle those hours arent bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Got my formal offer this morning. Start on the 11th of February. Delighted!!

Great news Mark! It's a nice feeling when you get the formal offer

thats great news, am still awaiting, very tensed untill i recieve though confident about verifications, they gave me start date though...but anybody who is travelling by bus, can you please advise how you are managing travelling to dublin 15,clonee area if its back after 11pm shift, i never walked outside at around 12am hrs so is it safer? is there a safer way, if someones travelling towards clonee bycar, can i ask for lift only for returning home??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

How are all the new people getting on?

• Advertisement

So, anybody here going to be on the 2.30 shift on the 11th of feb?

MarkMc wrote: »
    So, anybody here going to be on the 2.30 shift on the 11th of feb?

Me :-)

Me :-)

Cool, see you there then. Without going too OT, d'you have any luck finding a place?

Guys the place is brilliant great environment everyone is sound as a pound delighted I am...training is ace so don't be worrying about it hope to see you all soon oh the pool table is a bit fast so if your use to slow tables good luck

MarkMc wrote: »
    Cool, see you there then. Without going too OT, d'you have any luck finding a place?

Nope :S My plan is to head up Friday week and have enough places lined up so hopefully i will get somewhere... Ill stay the night as well just in case things don't work out on the Friday...

Hopefully by then ill have my contract and stuff as well..:rolleyes:

Wils110 wrote: »
    Guys the place is brilliant great environment everyone is sound as a pound delighted I am...training is ace so don't be worrying about it hope to see you all soon oh the pool table is a bit fast so if your use to slow tables good luck

Thats great news wills , looking forward to getting stuck in now :)

I'm getting very excited now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just out of interest did some of you work in customer care before or are you new to it? I received an e-mail yesterday from jobs.ie saying that Sky are still recruiting.

Just out of interest did some of ye work in customer care before or are ye new to it? I received an e-mail yesterday from jobs.ie saying that Sky are still recruiting.

I'm pretty new to it, my background is in the service industry, so I do have experience with customers, just not in a contact centre. Hope this helps ya. No harmin applying anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 .H.

Hi all, I just arrived in Dublin before Christmas and applied for the sales advisor position (amongst many other jobs). I heard from them quite quickly to say I'd been successful and I now have my first assessment at the Regus Building next Tuesday at 2.30! I'm very excited and nervous; I've been self-employed since leaving university and have never had to interview for a job, so this is rather daunting! I've read this whole thread and just wanted to say thank you to all who have contributed to it. I'm going to spend my time between now and my assessment reading up on CBI and the STAR interview method. Good luck to all of you who are still at the application and assessment stages, I hope to meet some of you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

I applied online for a laugh more than anything, just to see if they would get back to me. Applied for Team Leader position and enclosed CV and answer the scenario questions. Was at the gym earlier and had a missed call and voicemail from a lady in England from Sky asking me to call her back to discuss it.

When I called back she is on a break so will call this evening.

Where in Dublin is the office? Anyone have any experience of it?

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Where in Dublin is the office? Anyone have any experience of it?

The building is located at Alexandra House, The Sweepstakes, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. If your experience is anything like mine so far, the lady calling from the UK will tell you that you have been 'successful in your application', give you the spiel regarding the salary and benefits package, then invite you in for an assessment.

.H. wrote: »

The building is located at Alexandra House, The Sweepstakes, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. If your experience is anything like mine so far, the lady calling from the UK will tell you that you have been 'successful in your application', give you the spiel regarding the salary and benefits package, then invite you in for an assessment.

Thats Regus, where the interviews are. The Sky offices are based at One Burlington Plaza in Ballsbridge

she just called back and went over the features of the team leader job. arranged a telephone interview lasting up to 30 mins for tomorrow at noon! Quite excited!

Has anyone any tips on what I can look forward to in this?

I just read this whole thread and most people here went for customer service or sales advisor roles, so you might not get much specific advice regarding the team leader positions - best of luck with it though and please let us know how you get on! Perhaps I'll be calling you boss soon if we are both successful in our applications ;)

• Advertisement

.H. wrote: »
    I just read this whole thread and most people here went for customer service or sales advisor roles, so you might not get much specific advice regarding the team leader positions - best of luck with it though and please let us know how you get on! Perhaps I'll be calling you boss soon if we are both successful in our applications ;)

ha! i hope so! She went through the salary and benefits on the phone and arranged a phone interview for tomorrow. Advised me to have my CV to hand to answer any questions they fire at me. Just making my way through all the pages on here at the minute as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

best of luck lads!

Had the phone interview there at 12. Quite nerve-wracking as you are on the spot and it really is a sink or swim situation. It was the first telephone interview I have ever done so if I make it through to the next stage then great, if not, then I will chalk it down for experience.

On this thread most people seem to be applying for the Advisor role so my experience is probably not too relevant but if anyone wants any further info, PM me and I'll be happy to explain.

I will find out in the next 48 hrs if I am successful or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Has anyone who is starting on the 11th of Feb received their contracts yet? Don't want to give notice until I get them. Thank

Has anyone who is starting on the 11th of Feb received their contracts yet? Don't want to give notice until I get them. Thank

I haven't anyway, I'd say it'll be next week

• Advertisement
Advertisement