Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

one4one wrote: »

They will have incentives on sales. But there will be no commission. I don't know what the incentives will be though.

Any incentives wont be contractual though. Contract mentions only the salary, nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

They will have incentives on sales. But there will be no commission. I don't know what the incentives will be though.

Anybody know will you be rostered two days off in a row?

Wouldn't be so sure about no commision

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Commission/incentive same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Wils110 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be so sure about no commision

I agree here with wills...

I was told that there will be a commission structure but it was not yet decided how to work it yet... and we will be advised when the time comes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Whats the quickest way to Regus House from the Landsdowne Road station guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Ah damn I've done the two interviews and all I'd wouldn't have done them if I knew that.

22k when you're working weekends, including Sundays, and working until 11pm sometimes for four weeks in a row is poor. There's no point in doing sales if you don't get commission.

I agree here with wills...

I was told that there will be a commission structure but it was not yet decided how to work it yet... and we will be advised when the time comes...

It works on your sales obv but also the quality of your calls is a lot more important to sky ..they haven't set the incentives for the sales teams yet but the the guys on service I've spoke to are pretty happy with what they get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Do they allow you to take your holidays in one go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 onepoundfish

A few questions for those that are already working

1) How does the shift pattern work? For example once the shifts start will I know what days I will be working a few months down the line? Or does the shift chance on a weekly/fortnightly basis?

2) How do the hours work? Will I for example have early starts on some days but late starts on others?

3) How long do you have to work before the rewards start? Basically how long before we get the free Sky package?

4) What does the friends and family discount entail? Is there a limit on how many of these you get?

5) Is there a test/exam at the end of training?

6) How flexible are the breaks?

Thanks in advance

A few questions for those that are already working

1) How does the shift pattern work? For example once the shifts start will I know what days I will be working a few months down the line? Or does the shift chance on a weekly/fortnightly basis?

2) How do the hours work? Will I for example have early starts on some days but late starts on others?

3) How long do you have to work before the rewards start? Basically how long before we get the free Sky package?

4) What does the friends and family discount entail? Is there a limit on how many of these you get?

5) Is there a test/exam at the end of training?

6) How flexible are the breaks?

Thanks in advance

1 a few weeks

2 a shift is the same for a week

3 free sky is after about 4 weeks when you pass your mandatory courses

4 that seems to be a promotion that pops up every now and again last one was before Christmas

5 there's mandatory tests/tutorials/assements you must complete

6 2 15 min breaks and a 45 min lunch except Monday when it's a half hour lunch

It works on your sales obv but also the quality of your calls is a lot more important to sky ..they haven't set the incentives for the sales teams yet but the the guys on service I've spoke to are pretty happy with what they get

They only get the basic salary, not sure how they'd be happy with just that. I know they have daily incentives for George Foreman grills and that but that's not what you work for:pac:

Considering guys won 47 hd 3d TVs last week and a trainer won a holiday to Vegas or Cuba or Vancouver his choice I would not worry about being looked alter guys

1 a few weeks

2 a shift is the same for a week

3 free sky is after about 4 weeks when you pass your mandatory courses

4 that seems to be a promotion that pops up every now and again last one was before Christmas

5 there's mandatory tests/tutorials/assements you must complete

6 2 15 min breaks and a 45 min lunch except Monday when it's a half hour lunch

Thanks for the answers

Are the tests quite tough?

Have the Team Lead assessment on Wednesday, quite nervous about it now!

Thanks for the answers

Are the tests quite tough?

It's open book stuff so you use the sk systems for the answers it's to help you when yo start takingcalls

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

am really glad to know the news ladkacket, wishing a success for you, i might be after you, also sent pm...cheers:)
    Ladjacket wrote: »
    Got a phone call this morning inviting me to the first assessment in Ballsbridge on Wednesday-delighted!

Now to scan these pages to see what the assessment involves? Anyone that has done one, do you have any advice? Is there any dress code required or anything I should know about!

Thanks

So, I'm going onto the customer retention team, dealing with existing customers only. Getting very excited now, only 3 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

MarkMc wrote: »
    So, I'm going onto the customer retention team, dealing with existing customers only. Getting very excited now, only 3 weeks!!

Got a phone call last week inviting me back for 2nd interview. I was told nearly all the sales positions have been taken. The department I would be in is customer retention if I got a job, any tips on the 2nd interview is it as tuff as the first round?

• Advertisement

Got a phone call last week inviting me back for 2nd interview. I was told nearly all the sales positions have been taken. The department I would be in is customer retention if I got a job, any tips on the 2nd interview is it as tuff as the first round?

Its the Sales advisor interview thats been talked about here already. Imo the second one is slightly easier than the first one. Theres a bit of roleplay involved and a quick presentation (choosing the best package for a certain customer). Take a quick glance over the sky packages etc, it'll help, but you'll also get more than enough time to prepare for each section. Main thing is be as friendly and as chatty as you possibly can, thats what they're looking for.

is anyone on here attending an assessment on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Doyle_S

Well Lads got my contract there last week for the sales advisor role starting on 2 feb at 2:30. The woman that welcomes you to the interviews rang me today to tell me I was going on the save team I think!?? anyone else gets told that and whats it about even -sound.

Was anyyone else startin in feb rang and told that there is a change in their time from the 2.30pm shift to the 7am shift?

Doyle_S wrote: »
    Well Lads got my contract there last week for the sales advisor role starting on 2 feb at 2:30. The woman that welcomes you to the interviews rang me today to tell me I was going on the save team I think!?? anyone else gets told that and whats it about even -sound.

I assume it means you will be on retentions

Oh right I see, Thanks Very Much, anyone else starting on the 11th feb at 2:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ConzR

Been reading through this entire thread, soaking up all the information you all have to offer.. :p

Have my 2nd assessment for the sales advisor(changed to retentions, though) role in the morning at 11.30 anyone can give me a quick heads up of what to expect?

ConzR wrote: »
    Been reading through this entire thread, soaking up all the information you all have to offer.. :p

Have my 2nd assessment for the sales advisor(changed to retentions, though) role in the morning at 11.30 anyone can give me a quick heads up of what to expect?

Ah just seen this and too late to tell you but I'm sure you'll be fine.

I hear from them there will be a bonus but I'm really disappointed it's a retention and not a sales role like I applied for and I have a lot of experience in sales with some big companies. Not sure whether to take it or not.

Doyle_S wrote: »
    Oh right I see, Thanks Very Much, anyone else starting on the 11th feb at 2:30?

Yep, I am:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

Welcome Night... Feb 7th... Very Exciting

mcnially wrote: »
    Welcome Night... Feb 7th... Very Exciting

Hopefully see you there :)

See Ya both there 6:30-8! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

I was meant to start as a sales advisor on Feb 11th but im not leaving my current job until March so looks like i'm going to be starting in April now....but in customer service (yet to be confirmed)....would be great though if more sales advisor jobs became available around that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ditdit

Hey Guys,
    I've received a call to attend a selection session for a sales advisor job. Does anyone have any tips/know what to expect?

Feel free to send me a pm with any information.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Interview part 2 tomorrow!

Brickin it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Interview part 2 tomorrow!

Brickin it! :D

Best of luck to you I am sure you will find it easier than part 1 :)

Had my 2nd round yesterday, they said we should hear back in 3-4 working days. Anybody know when they start checking references and doing the background checks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EmmaRx

Had second round interview yesterday and just got email to say I got job!!! Waiting for starting date and references to be done!

Wooohoooo!!

Had my 2nd round yesterday, they said we should hear back in 3-4 working days. Anybody know when they start checking references and doing the background checks?

Theyre checked after you're offfered the job. Mine were only checked yesterday, I was offered the job a few weeks ago

What are the training hours like? Will it be during the day/interfere with college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Would anyone be free to drop me a pm about the second interview for service advisor?
    I'm on the train on the way to the interview and panic has set in!

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Would anyone be free to drop me a pm about the second interview for service advisor?
    I'm on the train on the way to the interview and panic has set in!

When you get a chance can you drop me a pm about the first assessment. Any info is welcome!

Best of luck!

Theyre checked after you're offfered the job. Mine were only checked yesterday, I was offered the job a few weeks ago

Got a email to say I was successful of course subject to reference check. I listed all my previous employers is that who they will contact? Or will they as ask me to provide references?

ditdit wrote: »
    What are the training hours like? Will it be during the day/interfere with college?

Training hours are the same as working hours. So 7am to 3pm & 2.30pm to 11pm

Got a email to say I was successful of course subject to reference check. I listed all my previous employers is that who they will contact? Or will they as ask me to provide references?

Just your previous employers

Training hours are the same as working hours. So 7am to 3pm & 2.30pm to 11pm

Is that the only shifts they offer? As in you'd be rotating between those two shifts.

How many days a week is the training?

ditdit wrote: »
    How many days a week is the training?

Did you apply for full time or part time?

Is that the only shifts they offer? As in you'd be rotating between those two shifts.

Thats all I've been told about. Somebody who has started already may be able to answer better

Did you apply for full time or part time?

Part time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement