Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

We were told last night that commission for sales is uncapped.. However they were still unsure on how much we would make per package.. Thats what we were told anyway!

By the way mark I actually think I may have come across you last night as I was looking at my piece of paper and I have Mark writen in a box! Unless there was more than.1 mark last night!!

I hope this is the case for sales & save but I am worried until I get the definitive from sky

• Registered Users Posts: 32 onepoundfish

Colonial wrote: »
    I hope this is the case for sales & save but I am worried until I get the definitive from sky

So you didn't get this info about bonus being capped directly from Sky?

So you didn't get this info about bonus being capped directly from Sky?

I got it from someone at sky but not personally myself from management.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Red_five

Found this ad for sales advisor in Newcastle £14,000 uncapped commission. They can't possibly try and screw their Irish sales staff over.

http://jobs.trovit.co.uk/index.php/cod.ad/id.pb1s1n1i13d1h/pos.1/what_d.full%20time%20sky%20sales%20commission/referer_id.97

Then again they might just.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Hi can anyone tell me if they kit the whole house out with sky? i.e Multiroom, or must you pay for that? and will they also install free broadband?

• Advertisement

Hi can anyone tell me if they kit the whole house out with sky? i.e Multiroom, or must you pay for that? and will they also install free broadband?

Was told last night that only TV will be free BB is half price. So I wouldn't imagine they kit you out with the works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Red_five wrote: »

Was told last night that only TV will be free BB is half price. So I wouldn't imagine they kit you out with the works

Really? I was told last night that tv would be free. BB just line rental

Oh and multirooms free, 1 free 2tb box. €40 for each 2tb box after that

Does anyone know the quickest way from ranelagh to Sky?

Would my best bet be to get the luas to Charlmount and walk from there or just walk from Ranelagh? :-)

Charlemont is less than 10 minutes walk. You on the 2.30 shift on Monday? I'm intrigued now about the other night, there was more than one Mark though.

MarkMc wrote: »

Really? I was told last night that tv would be free. BB just line rental

Oh and multirooms free, 1 free 2tb box. €40 for each 2tb box after that

Yes really I wouldn't have said so otherwise. I was told when we went for the Q&A with the TL's. I'm not impressed that nobody seems to know anything regarding commission or perks after the site being open for months and live sales calls coming in Monday. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Hi Lads,

got the nod after the first round within 24 hours - how long do confirmations take after the 2nd round?

Cheers,

P

EDIT: Found out this morning. Just waiting for a start date now. That's pretty good - Apply on Monday two assessments and hired by Saturday! (Subject to references etc.)

• Advertisement

Red_five wrote: »
    Found this ad for sales advisor in Newcastle £14,000 uncapped commission. They can't possibly try and screw their Irish sales staff over.

http://jobs.trovit.co.uk/index.php/cod.ad/id.pb1s1n1i13d1h/pos.1/what_d.full%20time%20sky%20sales%20commission/referer_id.97

Then again they might just.

That is for mobile sales, which I assume is door to door

Will be different for contact centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Hi. I recieved an email from SKY on Tuesday the 5th saying I have passed the first stage of the selection process for the sales advisor role. I have had no further word. I see a few others got the same email on the same day, has anyone had any word back since?

elmossman wrote: »
    Hi. I recieved an email from SKY on Tuesday the 5th saying I have passed the first stage of the selection process for the sales advisor role. I have had no further word. I see a few others got the same email on the same day, has anyone had any word back since?

They ring you to get you to come back in. Mail them back if you've not been called yet.

They ring you to get you to come back in. Mail them back if you've not been called yet.

Cheers, is it a bit early to email them yet as it has only been 3 days? Do you know if there are many positions going, I could really do with getting a job (Like many others).

Cheers, is it a bit early to email them yet as it has only been 3 days? Do you know if there are many positions going, I could really do with getting a job (Like many others).

I got e-mailed and called within 24 hours so no harm in chasing them up in my opinion. They are moving quickly on this. I applied Monday was in on Wednesday and back in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Got an email on the 5th and haven't herd anything back, though the email did apologise in advance for a delay so I'm not too worried.

I got e-mailed and called within 24 hours so no harm in chasing them up in my opinion. They are moving quickly on this. I applied Monday was in on Wednesday and back in today.

Thanks, I think I will call them, if I cannot get through I will on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

MarkMc wrote: »

Charlemont is less than 10 minutes walk. You on the 2.30 shift on Monday? I'm intrigued now about the other night, there was more than one Mark though.

No im on the 7am shift :-$ I was suppose to be on the 2.30 shift but got a call and email about 2 and a half weeks ago saying im now on the early shift!!

Yeah may have been another Mark.. You wont miss me anyway with my kerry accent ha !!

Anybody got definitive word on the commission structure yet?

Anyone know if they pay a Sunday premium?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they pay a Sunday premium?

They dont afaik, job is salaried

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snope

I got an email from Sky this morning to say I got the job (based on reference checks). I'm so happy.

I was only in for the second assessment yesterday so they really are moving quick on this.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Anyone else get a start date for april?

The only word I have gotton was an email on the 5th saying I was successful in the first stage of selection for the sales advisor role, starting to get worried now with everyone talking of start dates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mags02

Hey guys passed the online assestment...looking for a bit of info do any of ye no if u get paid weekely/monthly......and what to expect for the role play at the call centre :-)

mags02 wrote: »
    Hey guys passed the online assestment...looking for a bit of info do any of ye no if u get paid weekely/monthly......and what to expect for the role play at the call centre :-)

Sales is 22k but got no idea about commission hearing rumors they might try and cap it. Still trying to get an answer on that score! Crazy when you think we're supposed to be starting tomorro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Commission ain't capped.....your starting training tomorrow and your hearing rumours you won't make a call for 5 weeks then you will start getting commission,we can't tell you what your commission is cause you could be on retention team so that be a different structure to sales,service or bb tech

Wils110 wrote: »
    Commission ain't capped.....your starting training tomorrow and your hearing rumours you won't make a call for 5 weeks then you will start getting commission,we can't tell you what your commission is cause you could be on retention team so that be a different structure to sales,service or bb tech

Retention is more profitable than sales in this industry so if logic prevailed then retention team migh be very happy :)

Retention is more profitable than sales in this industry so if logic prevailed then retention team migh be very happy :)

Exactly but you don't know what way they will structure it and it be a few weeks I'd say before they let them guys know what it is,we where waiting till the 5 th week to find out

Everybody starting tomorrow good luck and enjoy it,you'll have a blast

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Skys approach is net customer growth.

No point signing up 50K new customers and then having 49K cancel.

Basically the more customers you would save and the cheaper it is for the Sky the better, same for new customers.

Same for UPC, same for everyone really....

Skys approach is net customer growth.

No point signing up 50K new customers and then having 49K cancel.

Basically the more customers you would save and the cheaper it is for the Sky the better, same for new customers.

Same for UPC, same for everyone really....

I've got the impression saves will handle acquisition also. Would be daft of them not to. Still crazy not to have commission structures for both at this stage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will all be under the one umbrella

Saves team commision would be a tough one to work out I'd say,they have to make sure your not just throwing out half price this and that an everything else and actually using the sky the product to get people to stay

Service team is just that service, the current save team are in the uk colonial sky has teams for every scenario if a customer rang me tomorrow to downgrade the system wouldn't let me

Edit There was a comment here but it's gone from colonial

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Iv tried applying to the sales adviser job but twice no luck. Must suck at filling out the application test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nicxxxx

hey guys just wondering did everyone that went for the first assessment get asked the question about conflict have my interview in the morning and my nerves are absolutley gone :(

nicxxxx wrote: »
    hey guys just wondering did everyone that went for the first assessment get asked the question about conflict have my interview in the morning and my nerves are absolutley gone :(

I don't recall a question about conflict being asked

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicxxxx

I don't recall a question about conflict being asked

Do you remember the questions that the 2nd and 3rd interviewer asked you just trying to get prepared as much as i can any information would be greatly apprieciated

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

Got offered a job start Monday but still waiting on reference check to be done.

A company I worked for have since closed down what would they normal do in this situation when they try call them for a reference??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Well about the only thing they could ask for, for the name of a new Referee, or someone respected in the community who knows you (Garda, clergy member etc).

• Advertisement

one4one wrote: »
    Got offered a job start Monday but still waiting on reference check to be done.

A company I worked for have since closed down what would they normal do in this situation when they try call them for a reference??

Do you have a p45 from them their more into where you where and dates to what you were doing if p45 covers dates you should be cool

Do you have a p45 from them their more into where you where and dates to what you were doing if p45 covers dates you should be cool

No might have a few payslips though. Can't get hold of my old boss to make him aware he might get a call. Will the company doing the background check contact me or could they put that down as a bad ref.

Your best bet is email recruitment cover yourself just say u found out I had a similar experience just ring revenue and ask for the p45 and have it ready

The main thing they want to make sure was you weren't locked up

Your best bet is email recruitment cover yourself just say u found out I had a similar experience just ring revenue and ask for the p45 and have it ready

The main thing they want to make sure was you weren't locked up

I could get someone who I worked with when I worked there to confirm I worked there.Is it just literally them calling the company and asking to speak to the person I nominated to confirm I worked there

one4one wrote: »
    I could get someone who I worked with when I worked there to confirm I worked there.Is it just literally them calling the company and asking to speak to the person I nominated to confirm I worked there

More or less

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭joi99

Hi, can anyone who has done their 2nd assessment recently give some information or pm me on what's involved for sales advisor position(save), i'm really nervous and don't want to mess this up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 smithysmith

Hi, could somebody briefly tell me the difference between the "sales advisor" and the "service advisor" roles? I have gone through almost all the pages in this thread but I must have missed it

Hi, could somebody briefly tell me the difference between the "sales advisor" and the "service advisor" roles? I have gone through almost all the pages in this thread but I must have missed it

Sales advisors handle sales, customer retention etc.

Service deal with technical issues and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DieYoung

I was supposed to go to the open evening tonight for the sales advisor group starting at half 2 on Monday but ended up not being able to go. Could someone tell me what I missed? Anything important I should know?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 WarbossPepe

Anybody got any tips for the second assessment? Got through the first one during the week and i've the second one in the morning... really dont want to mess it up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement