Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Governess

Lady from Sky recruitment definitely said 7am-11pm so if I go by those times, I don't have a hope of getting home.

Thanks for your advice and best of luck to all those applying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Governess wrote: »
    Lady from Sky recruitment definitely said 7am-11pm so if I go by those times, I don't have a hope of getting home.

Thanks for your advice and best of luck to all those applying!

They're the contract hours. Sales/retention start at 8.15, Service at 8. Centre closes at 10pm

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    They're the contract hours. Sales/retention start at 8.15, Service at 8. Centre closes at 10pm

...and do you get to leave bang on 10 or is it a good bit after 10? (I hate to be a pain in the ass asking really silly questions but your above reply could mean me pursuing my application further).

...and do you get to leave bang on 10 or is it a good bit after 10? (I hate to be a pain in the ass asking really silly questions but your above reply could mean me pursuing my application further).

It depends, you can get stuck on a call, but its rare

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    It depends, you can get stuck on a call, but its rare

Many thanks for your help, this definitely changes things for me!

• Advertisement

Many thanks for your help, this definitely changes things for me!

As I said, things do change so be aware of that. But its been nearly a year since we opened until 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I'm in sales, since they changed the shift pattern to a 10 finish the latest I've being there is probably 22:10.that includes logging off and cleaning the desk.

Best of luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 mattaius

Wils110 wrote: »
    I'm in sales, since they changed the shift pattern to a 10 finish the latest I've being there is probably 22:10.that includes logging off and cleaning the desk.

Best of luck

I would appreciate any comments or private messages re my last posts.

mattaius wrote: »
    I would appreciate any comments or private messages re my last posts.

1st assessment is about you and what you can do and why you.
    2nd assessment is role plays,familiarise your self with the brand and their beliefs.
    I'm on the iPhone now send me a pm around your interview.
    If memory serves me correct their is some info from November 12 onwards on this thread that may help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 mattaius

1st assessment is about you and what you can do and why you.
    2nd assessment is role plays,familiarise your self with the brand and their beliefs.
    I'm on the iPhone now send me a pm around your interview.
    If memory serves me correct their is some info from November 12 onwards on this thread that may help

Cheers for your reply, but can't find any more info, ive checked november '13 and november '12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

How soon after you attend the 1st assessment do you find out if youve been successful in advancing to the 2nd assessment? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Has anyone here moved from SRS, and how do you find they compare? PM would be much appreciated, thanks.

How soon after you attend the 1st assessment do you find out if youve been successful in advancing to the 2nd assessment? Cheers

For me when I got home from the 1st assessment there was an email saying I was successful.i found out 24hrs after the 2nd assessment on a Saturday I was successful at that stage... Generally your looking at 48 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amoXx

I have my 2nd assessment in next few days. I found information on 1st assessment invaluable so thanks to everyone who posted about it. Can't find much on second one so any tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

amoXx wrote: »
    I have my 2nd assessment in next few days. I found information on 1st assessment invaluable so thanks to everyone who posted about it. Can't find much on second one so any tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Unless you don't break everything, things should be OK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amoXx

Colonial wrote: »
    Unless you don't break everything, things should be OK :D

I do strive to not break things! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Anyone know what retentions is like in Sky? Is it lots of pressure? Are the customers mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clint Eastwood

How does the 2nd assessment compare to the first in terms of difficulty?

Say if you completed an excellent first assessment and an ok 2nd one, are they more likely to hire or not hire you based on the 2nd one?

Guys

Got a call last week to say I'd made it to the 2nd assessment and we scheduled it for today at 5pm, but yesterday having checked the confirmation email they sent last week, it says Friday 31st at 5pm.

I've emailed them and tried calling their recruitment line 5 or 6 times, left 2 voicemails but can't seem to get through.

Do I still head today at 5?

Thanks

Guys

Got a call last week to say I'd made it to the 2nd assessment and we scheduled it for today at 5pm, but yesterday having checked the confirmation email they sent last week, it says Friday 31st at 5pm.

I've emailed them and tried calling their recruitment line 5 or 6 times, left 2 voicemails but can't seem to get through.

Do I still head today at 5?

Thanks

Keep trying the recruitment line.should get through after 8:30 no problem

• Advertisement

Keep trying the recruitment line.should get through after 8:30 no problem

Great stuff, I'll keep calling, cheers :)

Anyone else got an assessment this week?

How soon after you get the email saying you have been successful in your recent assessments do you get the confirmation call of your start date from the Talent Resourcing Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

How soon after you get the email saying you have been successful in your recent assessments do you get the confirmation call of your start date from the Talent Resourcing Team?

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Road to Perdition

Anyone going to the Welcome Night on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone going to the Welcome Night on Tuesday?

What's this

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Road to Perdition

cena wrote: »
    What's this

Welcome night for recently hired new employees ahead of their start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Anyone know if Sky are taking on part-time staff in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicky Walsh

Anyone here working for sky doing door to door sales not for manpower or any of the other sub contractors. Especially in cork area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

got an email saying they have been try to contact me and if i am still interested in the position to contact them. anyone else get the same?

Advertisement