Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

TheStig13 wrote: »
    got an email saying they have been try to contact me and if i am still interested in the position to contact them. anyone else get the same?

What position?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

What position?

Customer Service Advisor. I rang them and they just went through the details
    of the job then i had to do an interview over the phone. She said i will find out in two days if i am successful, has anyone gone through that? if successful whats the next step?

Customer Service Advisor. I rang them and they just went through the details
    of the job then i had to do an interview over the phone. She said i will find out in two days if i am successful, has anyone gone through that? if successful whats the next step?

Let me know if you advance to the main interview and I will give you tips on what to expect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Let me know if you advance to the main interview and I will give you tips on what to expect :)

thanks :) if i am successful with the interview. what happens next?

thanks :) if i am successful with the interview. what happens next?

check your PM's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

do you need to be 18 to work with Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Sam Mac wrote: »
    do you need to be 18 to work with Sky?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dublin_1990

Hi, can anyone think of interview questions for the service advisor role. I have an interview soon and I'm not great at interviews.

Thanks

check your pms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I had a poor LC and they ask for a certain amount of UCAS points in their jobs. Are they extremely strict about this? I'd be interested in working in IT for them. I've recently completed a MSc in Computer Science (Conversion).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

red_bairn wrote: »
    I had a poor LC and they ask for a certain amount of UCAS points in their jobs. Are they extremely strict about this? I'd be interested in working in IT for them. I've recently completed a MSc in Computer Science (Conversion).

Really depends on what you want to do.

all of the IT functions are based in the UK though

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonc24

Can anyone give some insight into working at SKY? Things like general rates of pay/benefits for the Customer Service Advisor role. What kinds of working hours/****s can one expect. Are there promotion opportunities? Would greatly appreciate any insight.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

hey guys, could someone who's had a successful second assessment pm me some info about it? had a successful first interview last week for the service adviser role, second one coming up this week and just looking for some pointers on what to prep for. also, what's the place like in general, dress code etc? been flicking through but there's an awful lot of reading in this thread :)

hey guys, could someone who's had a successful second assessment pm me some info about it? had a successful first interview last week for the service adviser role, second one coming up this week and just looking for some pointers on what to prep for. also, what's the place like in general, dress code etc? been flicking through but there's an awful lot of reading in this thread :)

Check your PM's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paulmazz4

Hi all. Well I've read a good proportion of this post. Well TBH I've read all of it. Lol. So I passed the phone interview stage and am going in this wends at 9 am to have my selection session. Could someone just please pm me the up to date things I should expect on this day. Like I said I've read a lot but I don't know if it's still current. Thanks in advance

P's I'm in for a service advisors role

Check your PM's

Can you pm me some up to date info please wild bunch

Hello one and all. I had my assessment today and I have to say the whole experience was great. It's a long time since I had an interview but the team that I had my interviews with were great. They put you at ease from the outset. I had prepared in advance some answers to a couple of the questions but I needn't have. One lady interviewer just told me to be myself. And she was dead right. The whole process was so relaxed and very friendly. It's nothing like the interview styles of yesteryear and because I was put at ease my answers came across as I hoped they should. If I don't get any further in the process I would not be bitter at all. If my work experience wasn't enough maybe that might not help. If that is how sky conduct their interviews to me I can only be more keen to work for them. I came out of there today on a real high. So I really hope I progress to the next stage. I've learnt something today also BE YOURSELF. They don't want robots they want personalities. ðŸ˜႒

Its very much how they like you to work as well. Customers dont like robots, not in Ireland anyway. Some customers you get to have good banter with, and the team leaders like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Its very much how they like you to work as well. Customers dont like robots, not in Ireland anyway. Some customers you get to have good banter with, and the team leaders like that.

you still in Sky simpson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 littlejo

Have customer service advisor role interview on Wednesday any tips would be great

littlejo wrote: »
    Have customer service advisor role interview on Wednesday any tips would be great

First or second interview ?

paulmazz4 wrote: »
    First or second interview ?

Had the phone interview today,

littlejo wrote: »

I just pm ed you what a helpful guy pm ed me ok.it was spot on

you still in Sky simpson?

I am indeed, albeit in a different role from where I started

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Soho86

Hey was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a second interview with Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

Can anybody send me on the details of the first stage interview for the service provider role please?

I'm in work now but I'll try reply properly when i get home

Check your PM's

Any chance u could send me that info too??

• Advertisement

Well I just had my second assessment. Mad ha ha absolutely mad. I loved it. So its in the lap of the gods now, or Sky should I say lol. I really hope I did enough and showed my personality also. I can safely say that this whole process has not just been an interview it's been an experience also and not a bad one at that. There's other companies out there should take a leaf out of Sky's book. I really hope I get in. So good luck to all others today also. :•)

Advertisement