Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest thing to ever happen to you.

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just been reading some of the posts in this section and even though I am
    a sceptic I still found them very interesting.

Anyway. I just thought I would post something that happened to me a
    few years back. I was driving down the M50 ( over the M1 ) I had the window
    rolled down a half and my girlfriend ( wife now ) as in the passenger.
    I felt this sharp pain in my arm and I let out a yelp.
    There were three scape marks down my right arm about four inches long
    and they were filled with blood. I was as if some invisible hand with really
    long pointed nails had scraped the **** out of me.

Any ideas on why this could have happened..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I never heard of anyone getting marks like that while driving, i've gotten them in the past but never driving. usually i'd be in bed and wake up to find deep scratch marks down my back, a few times it happened just sitting down ..someone would say "what's that?!" ..i'd look and there they would be. i wouldn't even hazard a guess why it would happen when driving, though i'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

As for weirdest? ..the list is very long, i suppose the room full of black flies appearing out of no where definitely weirded me out, i knew the place was troubled though ..door handles would go up and down on their own (often very fast) and a voice would call my name, the flies appeared one morning then a piece of the ceiling came down and almost hit me and that was it i was gone. spirits don't bother me, demons do but when a house gets that bad its not a case that its too scary or weird it 's too uncomfortable and its a clear cut message to leave. a light bulb exploded there once and almost took my boyfriend at the times eye out, i'm good with weird but i know not to overstay my welcome when something in a house wants me gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

It`s funny you should say that about the marks as my wife is always
    commenting about scratch marks on my arms etc. I bite my finger nails down
    to the nub so I am not doing it myself and I work in a office so it is not
    work related.
    Maybe our spouses are doing it to us in our sleep.:D

That house you were in sounded creep and even dangerous.
    Have you ever looked into the history of the place..

Yeah my boyfriend said the same thing but when it was happening a lot I wasn't living with the guy I was seeing so it definitely wasn't him and the scratch marks were too wide to be my own nail marks as they are very thin and my fingers are quite tiny. The only other person I know it happened to a lot was a friend on the other side of the city, her house belonged to some guy who died in strange circumstances and was said to have abused children.. he died in her bedroom.

I did a little bit of looking into the house, at one point it was a kind of safehouse for a certain republican movement. It was very old though so a number of other things could have happened, I still have the keys so some day I might drop in and see if it feels the same. There are a lot of houses like that around Dublin, the owners just go out of there way to make sure nothing gets out about it because if it does then renting or selling the place becomes impossible. If it was only a few minor things I'd have stayed and turned one of the rooms into a photography studio but I could have been hurt if I didn't take the hints.

I'd been really skeptical about the flies in the amityville case but when I myself experienced it I knew there and then that something really bad was present. I even had a workman go through every inch of the place for anything that would attract them all but he found nothing, friends in the summer loved the place because it was so "chilled". That was probably the first sign that something was up but I'd dealt with spirits before and taught it would warm to me, instead it brought the ceiling down, live and learn. :)

The Amityville was a load of cock and bull. I think the guy made the whole
    thing up. The only real thing to happen was the son killing his family
    with a shotgun without waking any of them up..:eek:

My wife has a Clairvoyant coming to the house on Friday. I don`t believe
    on them and think of them as a bit of fun but I will get her to ask him
    is he has an idea as to why it happened.

If you want you can go onto my Facebook page and see a video we made
    of me and the little fella. It looks like there are orbs in the room. I did not
    and won`t post it up here as I don`t want to be ridiculed.
    There were two videos but I can`t post up the second on because I am
    making some weird faces playing with my son..:)
    My page is private so no creeps get to see pictures of my kids.
    I can add you if you want. I can send you a pm..

Sure thing Senor Willy, you are right not to directly link your facebook especially if it has you're kids on it. It's one thing getting orbs in a static photo, that's easy to write off as dust and the like but on recorded video its a whole other story. I saw a video not too long ago where some parents noticed some kind of spirit in their kids cot, they recorded it on a nanny cam. I'll have a look for the link and post it here when I find it. :)

• Advertisement

Nice one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimmyjimmy123

2 sessions of black magic we done in our teens,shocking stuff,and **** that id never ever mess around with again...i dont know what the deal is with it..but it can get out of hand..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

2 sessions of black magic we done in our teens,shocking stuff,and **** that id never ever mess around with again...i dont know what the deal is with it..but it can get out of hand..

What exactly happened?

A fella I know told me before that, years ago (probably back in the '60s), he got called out to a house on the South Douglas Road - just down a bit from St. Finbarr's Hospital - to help a couple of lads who had strange activity in the house. Objects were levitating, lights were going on and off of their own accord, the rooms were inexplicably freezing cold, and the lads said they saw a figure of a man with red eyes.

Apparently they had used a ouija board (which isn't something I have ever had much 'faith' in, tbh) and subsequently 'opened up' a dark vortex in the lower astral plane. Something like that. Anyway, this fella I know said he communicated with the spirit that was there and sent it on its way. Interesting story anyway.

I seem to remember someone posting on this forum about two-three years ago, saying they were renting a house on that same road while they were attending UCC and experienced some spooky goings-on there, e.g. saw a ghost of a man.

I've heard of sites where black magic rituals have been conducted continuing to be 'tainted' with that malevolent energy. I can't say I've ever came across sites like that myself - unless I didn't know it at the time - so I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Apparently there's a house named 'Marino House' in Cobh, Cork, that was the site of black magic ceremonies. Also some old Georgian house in North Cork. Of course, there's the Hell Fire Club in Dublin as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I was on the bed and i got moved it was like a paranormal force moving me off the bed never happened before but i definatley freaked out after wards..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I was on the bed and i got moved it was like a paranormal force moving me off the bed never happened before but i definatley freaked out after wards..

But had you done anything beforehand, i.e. whip out a ouija board, to bring about that type of activity? Or did it just happen spontaneously for no apparent reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

My friends lived in a house on bandon road near U.C.C Cork it was very near a social club , one of the flat mates said that the top floor used have a wierd feeling like a breeze that would hit u went u were in your room that would blow your hair but there was no wind etc. the rest of the house mates thought she "bit odd" for saying that . Doors banged the usual but it was a 9 bed roomed house so u could always say to yourself it was some one asleep / bunking lectures etc . They got very brave the Lott of them during a party on the ground floor one night and used a chain as a pendulum . Asking questions of the house . If it moved one way it was yes or left say it was no . They starting asking silly questions . And the chain moved . Then they asked is there any one else with us .... It moved or swung towards yes . Asked can u make a sign if u are sad . All of a sudden ( I'm remembering back now ) the wall say on the hall way on the living room really banged as if someone thru some thing very hard against and the ceiling banged hard as if some one was going to come down thru the ceiling. It happenned together 3 times in quick succession . The guys ran out in the hall no one there , they ran upstairs to the room above . No one there .
    Let's just say we were glad we werenot renting there do we could leave .
    Party ended too .
    We had stayed there before this and we never noticed anything . On researching the house seemingly a girl did die on the top floor from some illness years beforehand .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimmyjimmy123

a group off us in our teens were up a local woods,there was 10 of them doin this circle thing,anyhow the one in middle says lets think of my aunt whos dead,now the rest of the group hadnt a clue who the aunt was,let alone a name,i was sitting maybe 20 feet from them,after some silence one of the group mentioned a name,which was the aunts name,and with that the smell of death was unreal,ya would swear we were sitting on top of a dead dog it was that bad,we all ran,say maybe for 10 mins,until we met my brother the middle of a field...he was out cold,we tested him by slapping him and stuff,but not a flinch out of him..next minute while still with eyes shut he said he was been chased through a feild,he said there was someone after him,we said turn around and hit him,and with serious fear in his voice he said"no way,its a huge dark shadow"...he then said he was at a gate,we said jump it,right away het got up off the ground,and like in a daze walked home,when i got home he was on the couch with a splitting headache,couldnt remember what happened...and again another day soon after we were drinking in the woods,same thing they were acting the fools with blackmagic,one of the girls blanked out,and i can swear on my brothers grave shes was as cold as a corpse,she then said shes been chased down a corridor,and that there was 13 doors,some one said go through door 13,and same with that she was up off ground...the same girl had serious trouble afterwards..she got sucked into it all...it screw her over for a good while,im a 40 year old man with 4 kids,and i can swear hand on heart that what ever is behind black magic,and in the cases ive seen,is somes weird scary fu*ked up stuff...and its something id never go near,and i also believe folk can get addicted or sucked into it,to the point it can send them to the mental home,we approached the preist about all this also..and he didnt even want to deal with anything,like he was even scared of the situation,but i swear on me brothers good name hes passed away 10 years,all of the above is real deal,and blakmagic was behind it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

A long time ago I had a portable TV that had been dumped in my room as it "blew" as my father said.

I had an old Atari computer that I wanted to use Cubase on and could only use it when my parents were finished watching the TV in the sitting room.

One night, lying in bed I thought about the broken portable TV and what might have caused it to stop working. I decided that if the body can give off electrical energy, then it would be sweet if I "channelled" some energy into the TV and "fixed" whatever was wrong with it, so I tried.

The next day the TV worked!

Make of that what you will!
    Could have just been a fluke, but the TV had been dead for months, both on mains and 12V.

I never really gave it much thought after a day or two, but this thread reminded me of how excited/sceptical/giddy I felt when it burst into life.

Advertisement