Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone 4 overheating

• 27-03-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I plugged my phone into charge as it was at 3%. I have been using the phone for about 20 minutes whilst charging and the phone is roasting on the back.

Is this a common occurrence?

My phone is almost 11 months old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yeah, same for me when charging / using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Yeah, same for me when charging / using.

Hhmm can it be fixed? Or what have apple been doing about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Misticles wrote: »
    Hhmm can it be fixed? Or what have apple been doing about it?

As far as I know, it doesn't need fixing.

Machines get hot when they work harder, being used and charged at the same time.

Ever touch a laptop adaptor unit whilst charging a laptop?

You'd think it would start a fire but it's perfectly normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Always advisable not to use products when they're charging, I could be completely wrong but AFAIK it shortens the battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Even now without being on charge it's quite hot. Mainly to the left of where iPhone is written on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

The right hand side of the iphone, as you look at the back is where the battery is housed. The left hand side is were the battery connects and where the Power Management Unit chip is located.
    My guess is that you need to replace the battery first and see if that solves the issue. If not you may well have a short on the logic board which is causing the PMU to overheat.
    Get it looked at.

Advertisement