Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League S15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Club | Played | W | L | D | For | Against | Margin | BT | BL | Total
    Bogwarriors | 8 | 7 | 1 | 0 | 291 | 153 | 138 | 5 | 0 | 33
    Toronto Irish | 8 | 6 | 2 | 0 | 328 | 205 | 123 | 7 | 1 | 32
    couch potatoes | 8 | 6 | 2 | 0 | 256 | 151 | 105 | 5 | 1 | 30
    Lunster | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 200 | 190 | 10 | 5 | 0 | 25
    Grubber RFC | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 305 | 186 | 119 | 4 | 0 | 24
    ladyboys | 8 | 1 | 7 | 0 | 187 | 323 | -136 | 3 | 1 | 8
    Gideons | 8 | 1 | 7 | 0 | 141 | 267 | -126 | 1 | 1 | 6
    front row fairies | 8 | 1 | 7 | 0 | 145 | 378 | -233 | 2 | 0 | 6

Can't get much closer than the race for the top of the table in division 2 with only 3 points seperating 1st place Bogwarriors from 3rd place Couch Potatoes with the exiles Toronto Irish in between. That is untial you look at the relegation fight going on at the bottom where there is only a 2 point gap between 6th place Ladyboys who are currently safe and FRF who are only propping the table due to an inferior point difference to the Gideons.

Weeks 9 and 10 could be telling as we see Bogwarriors face both 2nd and 3rd place. If they can maintain their lead for the next two weeks they will have to considered favourites but it's all up for grabs. Looking way to the future the relegation fight could go to the last couple of weeks where Ladyboys face both the teams currently only 2 points behind them in the relegation spots.

The two mid table teams Lunster and Grubber appear to be safe from relegation barring a collapse but still have an outside shot at some silverware if they can gain scalps from those teams ahead of them in the table.

Cossieschoice | 8 | 6 | 2 | 0 | 228 | 163 | 65 | 5 | 1 | 30
    Chocolate Chompers | 8 | 6 | 2 | 0 | 217 | 133 | 84 | 5 | 0 | 29
    Revan RFC | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 264 | 182 | 82 | 5 | 1 | 26
    Mayo Migrants | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 193 | 160 | 33 | 2 | 1 | 23
    Casey's Guinness | 8 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 167 | 141 | 26 | 2 | 1 | 19
    The Slashers | 8 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 204 | 190 | 14 | 2 | 1 | 19
    Nanjing RFC | 8 | 1 | 7 | 0 | 153 | 321 | -168 | 3 | 2 | 9
    Westmen | 8 | 1 | 7 | 0 | 97 | 293 | -196 | 0 | 0 | 4

Another real battle for the top spot here with only 4 points seperating the top 3 teams Cossieschoice, CC and Revan. MM should still consider temselves right in the running too as they trail 3rd place Revan by only 3 points. Both CG and Slashers are level on 19 points in 5th and 6th place and both still have the opportunity of silverware with a run of results going their ways. While there is no relegation here, Nanjing and Westmen will hope to improve on their solitary wins for prides stake to close the gap on those above. Nanjing have 2 bonus point losses so with a bit more luck than the first half of the season might cause some upsets in the coming weeks.

The pick of the week 9 fixtures here is the match-up between Mayo Migrants and Caseys Guinness which will be hugely important to both teams aspirations of a push for silverware and possible promotion.

Newcastle West | 7 | 6 | 1 | 0 | 214 | 88 | 126 | 4 | 0 | 28
    Fingal Physicians | 7 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 200 | 118 | 82 | 4 | 0 | 24
    East Coast Tinders | 6 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 153 | 108 | 45 | 2 | 0 | 22
    Rahoon wild | 7 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 226 | 145 | 81 | 3 | 1 | 20
    Dread0s | 7 | 3 | 4 | 0 | 200 | 152 | 48 | 3 | 3 | 18
    Ulster Trials | 7 | 1 | 6 | 0 | 103 | 259 | -156 | 1 | 0 | 5
    Nenagh Ormond | 7 | 0 | 7 | 0 | 49 | 275 | -226 | 0 | 0 | 0

6 points seperate 1st from 3rd in division 3. However, due to the uneven number of teams in this division 3rd place ECT have played one less game than Newcastle or Fingal, which could result in a much tighter top of the table. Rahoon and the Dread0s still have an outside shot at the championship with a run of results as the gap between 1st and 5th is only at 10 points. Only one team is to be relegated from div 4 this season but Nenagh Ormond will have to start earning points to catch 6th place Ulster who are 5 ahead.

The top of the table clash this week between Newcastle and Fingal is a huge game and if Newcastle can convert home advantage to a win they will stretch the gap between the two to at least 9 points. With Nenagh having a rest week in week 9 Ulster have a chance to pull away from the bottom place side but the visiting ECT will be looking to keep their title hopes alive and will be bringing their 'A' game. Rahoon host the Dread0s which could kill off the dreams of silverware for one of the two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Just a quick note for Div 5, Nanjing havnt accepted their fixture against me for tomoro !?

Also thanks for the tables and lil write ups mar-z :)

TheJims wrote: »
    Just a quick note for Div 5, Nanjing havnt accepted their fixture against me for tomoro !?

Thanks for letting me know, I had checked that people had accepted their fixtures by checking a few different weeks, odd thing is Nanjing accepted all but weeks 9, 10 and 13? I've mailed him in game and he seems to sign in regularly so hopefully it gets sorted. I'd reccomend setting your tactics for the game as your default in case is a late acceptance and your not online.

Just as oddly fewcifur hasn't accepted his week 12 fixture but has all his others!

Also I found a fixture mistake in week 11 in div 5 so cossieschoice and revan (which is you again Jims :p) both need to accept.

I've sent in game messages about all the above now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I was just keeping Div 3 spicy ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

mar-z wrote: »

Thanks for letting me know, I had checked that people had accepted their fixtures by checking a few different weeks, odd thing is Nanjing accepted all but weeks 9, 10 and 13? I've mailed him in game and he seems to sign in regularly so hopefully it gets sorted. I'd reccomend setting your tactics for the game as your default in case is a late acceptance and your not online.

Just as oddly fewcifur hasn't accepted his week 12 fixture but has all his others!

Also I found a fixture mistake in week 11 in div 5 so cossieschoice and revan (which is you again Jims :p) both need to accept.

I've sent in game messages about all the above now.

I'll send him a text, new baby may be a bit distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

jesus bloody canadian time makes he games fair late on at half 1, i think ill be asleep by then.

on the plus side im got a top 4 finish sown in id say

Getting a beating by Lunster, ah well no chance for a trophy now I think.

Got a great win against choc chompers tonight... Really looking forward to seeing the div 5 table now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

forgot all about this! forgot was thursday with being away over bank holiday etc!

Lost to mauling bear - been a while since that happened.... *shakes fist* might have slide down table considerably :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ste_cos

Got a great win against choc chompers tonight... Really looking forward to seeing the div 5 table now!

I lost to the slashers as well tonight. Its getting tight at the top now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

First time i've fielded my best 15 and not experimented. Still lost to Fight Club but i gave him a game at least!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

ste_cos wrote: »
    I lost to the slashers as well tonight. Its getting tight at the top now!

Thought you were gonna come back and snatch it in the end.! Cant wait to see the table now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

The Boards Cup is the most exciting part of the game, goes to show how boring the real leagues have become.

macslash wrote: »
    Thought you were gonna come back and snatch it in the end.! Cant wait to see the table now

did Div 5 just get interesting? 4 teams going for the no.1 spot! think ur right Phonehead this is exciting lol

Phonehead wrote: »
    The Boards Cup is the most exciting part of the game, goes to show how boring the real leagues have become.

DIV III is very uncompetitive which makes it boring, ie this season there are some teams who just can't break top 4 and some who even if they try not to would probably end up in top 4.

DIV II is largely the same I found, but there in lies the challange to me, get back there, survive and close the gap and fight my way up tooth and nail! Until then...stare out the window and look at team development and improve it... focusing on homegrown talent rather than buying in ready to go players...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

eoferrall wrote: »
    DIV III is very uncompetitive which makes it boring, ie this season there are some teams who just can't break top 4 and some who even if they try not to would probably end up in top 4.

DIV II is largely the same I found, but there in lies the challange to me, get back there, survive and close the gap and fight my way up tooth and nail! Until then...stare out the window and look at team development and improve it... focusing on homegrown talent rather than buying in ready to go players...

div iv was competive too the last few times the table was updated, iv won a few games since so im made no.1 my own but id say theres 3-4 fighting for no.2.

id be relativity happy just to stay up in div.3 if i promote, 5 or 6th would be good for my team id say

seanand wrote: »
    div iv was competive too the last few times the table was updated, iv won a few games since so im made no.1 my own but id say theres 3-4 fighting for no.2.

id be relativity happy just to stay up in div.3 if i promote, 5 or 6th would be good for my team id say

Sorry should have said in the BR leagues!

The boards leagues are very enjoyable, and quite even at the moment and in most there is still several potential winners, DIV I there's a clear winner.. but he shall be caught one season!!!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Sorry should have said in the BR leagues!

The boards leagues are very enjoyable, and quite even at the moment and in most there is still several potential winners, DIV I there's a clear winner.. but he shall be caught one season!!!

The shuffling of the leagues has had a hugely positive effect in the boards league. There always used to be at least one-two of the divisions where there was huge mis-matches.

Although I still haven't managed to win myself a trophy from it yet. I might have top start trying to rig a few things :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ste_cos

macslash wrote: »

I had giving up on the win...just glad I got that last try to claim to bonus points. Big game next week against Revan RFC. With the squad he has he should be walking this division!

mar-z wrote: »
    The shuffling of the leagues has had a hugely positive effect in the boards league. There always used to be at least one-two of the divisions where there was huge mis-matches.

Although I still haven't managed to win myself a trophy from it yet. I might have top start trying to rig a few things :pac:

I'm open to bribes.......

W D L PF PA PD B (L) B (T) Points
    Fight club 9 9 0 0 374 81 293 0 7 43
    ELAT 9 6 0 3 269 195 74 0 6 30
    Cill 9 6 0 3 242 177 65 0 5 29
    Scorched 9 5 0 4 216 218 -2 0 4 24
    Forza Juve 9 5 0 4 205 233 -28 0 4 24
    Mauling bear 9 4 0 5 247 256 -9 1 4 21
    BJD 9 1 0 8 146 362 -216 1 2 7
    Geraldine 9 1 0 8 140 317 -177 0 1 5

Fight club got a good match this week - the first time they have been run close. Kudos to Forza Juve for that effort that unfortunately (for this writer!!) fell short with the final result 11-19 to Fightclub. Elsewhere ELAT too their eye of the ball and fell to mauling bear who have a great team but hang onto second by the skin of their teeth. cill could overtake as ELAT still have fight club to play. Cill had a strong win over BJD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I've got those Lilywhite bastards in my sights! I always thought McGeeney was a prick. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Geraldine, playing the waiting game. Any second we are going to pounce like a tiger.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Geraldine, playing the waiting game. Any second we are going to pounce like a tiger.

I'm waiting patiently... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Any moment, just you wait :p

ajeffares wrote: »
    Any moment, just you wait :p

Though it may be possible that you'll get demoted and I'll get promoted...

... ships passing in the night. :( :pac:

couch potatoes | 10 | 8 | 2 | 0 | 347 | 202 | 145 | 7 | 1 | 40
    Bogwarriors | 10 | 8 | 2 | 0 | 361 | 211 | 150 | 6 | 0 | 38
    Toronto Irish | 10 | 7 | 3 | 0 | 396 | 274 | 122 | 8 | 1 | 37
    Lunster | 10 | 7 | 3 | 0 | 262 | 220 | 42 | 7 | 0 | 35
    Grubber RFC | 10 | 6 | 4 | 0 | 350 | 225 | 125 | 5 | 0 | 29
    Gideons | 10 | 2 | 8 | 0 | 196 | 328 | -132 | 3 | 1 | 12
    ladyboys | 10 | 1 | 9 | 0 | 231 | 401 | -170 | 3 | 1 | 8
    front row fairies | 10 | 1 | 9 | 0 | 160 | 442 | -282 | 2 | 0 | 6

The big movers in the last two weeks were Couch Potatoes who have moved from 3rd to 1st with two wins. A win and a loss apiece see Bogwarriors and Toronto Irish drop to 2nd and 3rd respectively but with only 3 points seperating the top 3 anything can happen with 4 games remaining. With two wins Lunster have have joined in the fight for trophies and possible promotion to the top league and sit in 4th two points behind the men from Toronto. Grubber are in for another season in Div 2 with movement from their 5th position unlikely even with 4 round left. A Gideons win in round 10 moves them out of the relegation places with their cause helped by getting try bonus pints two weeks running. Ladyboys and Front Row Fairies can still avoid the drop but need to start picking up wins.

The top four play the bottom four in week 11 so it will need to be a week for upsets for much excitement to occur.

• Advertisement

Newcastle West | 9 | 8 | 1 | 0 | 314 | 141 | 173 | 6 | 0 | 38
    East Coast Tinders | 8 | 7 | 1 | 0 | 257 | 149 | 108 | 4 | 0 | 32
    Rahoon wild | 9 | 5 | 4 | 0 | 288 | 216 | 72 | 5 | 1 | 26
    Fingal Physicians | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 225 | 170 | 55 | 4 | 0 | 24
    Dread0s | 9 | 4 | 5 | 0 | 266 | 206 | 60 | 4 | 3 | 23
    Ulster Trials | 9 | 1 | 8 | 0 | 154 | 345 | -191 | 2 | 0 | 6
    Nenagh Ormond | 8 | 0 | 8 | 0 | 59 | 336 | -277 | 0 | 0 | 0

The only movement in the last two gameweeks saw Fingal Physicians drop from 2nd to 4th place with East Coast Tinders and Rahoon Wild each moving up a spot in the trophy places. Newcastle West have a healthy 6 point lead on ECT but with the game in hand the Tinders can reduce this to 1. There is a strong battle for 3rd spot with only 3 points seperating 5th placed Dread0s from Rahoon Wild. Fingal Physicians will be looking to capitalise on their game in hand to overtake RW. Ulster Trials picked up a valuable try bonus point which gives them a 6 point cushion over bottom of the table Nenagh Ormond. With only one team relegated from this division this season the bonus point could be vital with both teams struggling for points.

Week 11 is the off week for the leaders and a chance for ECT to close the gap at the top to 1 point. They face Fingal Physicians which is sure to be the match of the week in division 4.

Advertisement