Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creamed Spinach

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a recipe for creamed spinach, I've Googled and gotten various recipes and searched on Boards and didn't find any recipes.

I would appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good but simple recipe for creamed spinach.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I don't really have a recipe.

I sweat an onion and a clove of garlic. Once they are done, I take them out of the pot, set aside and add frozen spinach and defrost it on a low heat. Once its defrosted and cooked, I add a little bit of cream and blend it with a stick blender. I then throw in the onion/garlic mix and add plenty of nutmeg and some salt and pepper to taste and more cream if I don't like the consistency. Some people use a roux for creamed spinach, I personally hate that.

We usually have it with potatoes and scrambled or fried eggs (a favourite dinner when I was growing up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you, I'd rather use fresh spinach though, if possible.

I found this recipe and will give it a go over the next few days. Hopefully it'll work out right.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/74604/creamed-spinach

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LauraStar

Hey,

I've found the Jamie Oliver creamed spinach lovely.

It's part of one of his 30 minute meals. Here's a link to the whole meal, it includes the creamed spinach recipe.

Enjoy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LauraStar

Advertisement