Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor -DD minimum notice period

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:35pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The default advance notice period under the dd scheme is fourteen days unless agreed otherwise by all parties.
    The advance notice period is generally fourteen days, or in some cases seven days or less if agreed by all parties, before the direct debit is applie

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/ConsumerCornerCharacteristicsofDirectDebits

Since I had the misfortune to join Meteor I have never been given the correct advance notice. For example I received my latest bill yesterday and it tells me that my dd will be payable on the 2nd April or after.

Can somebody explain to me why Meteor are incapable of giving the correct notice?

(It would seem that Meteor set customers up by default on the awful dd+ system, which is anything but a 'plus' - there is no provision in the dd scheme rules for any company to do this. The default notice under the dd+ rules is only seven days but a customer must be informed of this and agree to it)

By the way the notice period is important to allow a person to query a bill particularly relevant with Meteor! So people should be aware that even with the full 14 days notice you lose four days due to weekends and the actual dd billing data is transmitted to the banks three days before the due date. In effect the apparently generous 14 days is only 7 effective days.

The seven days notice under the so called 'plus' scheme is a joke as fiver days are immediately gone due to weekend and data transmission time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

dub45 wrote: »
    The default advance notice period under the dd scheme is fourteen days unless agreed otherwise by all parties.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/ConsumerCornerCharacteristicsofDirectDebits

Since I had the misfortune to join Meteor I have never been given the correct advance notice. For example I received my latest bill yesterday and it tells me that my dd will be payable on the 2nd April or after.

Can somebody explain to me why Meteor are incapable of giving the correct notice?

(It would seem that Meteor set customers up by default on the awful dd+ system, which is anything but a 'plus' - there is no provision in the dd scheme rules for any company to do this. The default notice under the dd+ rules is only seven days but a customer must be informed of this and agree to it)

By the way the notice period is important to allow a person to query a bill particularly relevant with Meteor! So people should be aware that even with the full 14 days notice you lose four days due to weekends and the actual dd billing data is transmitted to the banks three days before the due date. In effect the apparently generous 14 days is only 7 effective days.

The seven days notice under the so called 'plus' scheme is a joke as fiver days are immediately gone due to weekend and data transmission time.
    Hi dub45
    I am sorry that you have not received the advice you were looking for. This thread deals with eircom and eMobile queries however. If you contact the meteor forum at https://forums.meteor.ie/ or call them on their support numbers, Meteor Pay As You Go phone:1747 From any other phone:1890 808 585
    you should be able to get clarity on this. Bill Pay customers:From any phone:1905 (free call)
    Tony

Advertisement