Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carragher, Neville & MNF On Sky

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

i just switch off at half time of every sky game and have done for years. I cant stand the sight or sound of neville. he trys to portray himself as another nice guy like all the sky pundits. when we all know what he really is. christ we watched him for years. he is fake because he is paid to be fake. hearing people say how he has changed and he is a great pundit makes me cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

fozz10 wrote: »
    i just switch off at half time of every sky game and have done for years. I cant stand the sight or sound of neville. he trys to portray himself as another nice guy like all the sky pundits. when we all know what he really is. christ we watched him for years. he is fake because he is paid to be fake. hearing people say how he has changed and he is a great pundit makes me cringe.

So when you think of "nice guys" you get Jamie Redknapp, Souness and presumably Phil Thompson too? Riight.

What do you think of Merson? Is he a "nice guy"?

Liam O wrote: »
    So when you think of "nice guys" you get Jamie Redknapp, Souness and presumably Phil Thompson too? Riight.

What do you think of Merson? Is he a "nice guy"?

mainly redknapp and neville really.but i have a special hatred for neville that just doesnt go away because he pretends to be a neutral pundit. souness is bearable, but then you would have to listen to who ever he is talkin to. anyways i always go off and make a cup of tea and come back when its over. I dont rate any of the sky pundits enough to listen to their opinion. easier to just not lisgten to their crap

merson??? the only thing hes good for is if you want to make a bet just make it the opposite to what he says and youll probably win money. tbh i think sky just pay him because ya can get a laugh off the stuff he comes out with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I cant agree with this view tbh. Neville on the pitch is completely different to Neville in the studio.

He's obviously very competitive which can come across as dickish, arrogant etc but I don't for one second think that he's fake or anything like that.

IMO his views largely go against the grain and he has a really refreshing view on things especially his piece on diving and the whole Suarez biting thing.

His past has seems to have clouded your view of him, you should really give him another chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Neville is grand for games that don't involve Man United or key England players. Unfortunately there aren't enough of those games. I'd have Carragher any day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

merson??? the only thing hes good for is if you want to make a bet just make it the opposite to what he says and youll probably win money. tbh i think sky just pay him because ya can get a laugh off the stuff he comes out with

He called two away wins today

brevity wrote: »
    I cant agree with this view tbh. Neville on the pitch is completely different to Neville in the studio.

He's obviously very competitive which can come across as dickish, arrogant etc but I don't for one second think that he's fake or anything like that.

IMO his views largely go against the grain and he has a really refreshing view on things especially his piece on diving and the whole Suarez biting thing.

His past has seems to have clouded your view of him, you should really give him another chance.

your right it has. no i like to watch the match but switch off straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

your right it has. no i like to watch the match but switch off straight away.

Fair enough :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    He called two away wins today

ah stop will u he is some bogey, didnt know you couldnt detect sarcasm or i wouldnt of said that.

• Advertisement

put it this way would u watch john terry working for sky if it ever happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I don't have a strong dislike for any of the Sky Panel except Jamie Redknapp

nuxxx wrote: »
    I don't have a strong dislike for any of the Sky Panel except Jamie Redknapp

so you do then!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

In the studio, he is the best there is in England. Co-commentating he is ok, but when he is analysing in the studio he is quality.

I'm a Liverpool fan and was a bit worried when he got the gig full-time but he hasn't been biased at all in the EPL IMO.

He has a fantastic knowledge of the game. Has won it all, and played for and against great teams.

Sky should have just him and Souness doing the analysing from now on, get rid of the other clowns.

Btw, I got some stick from my LFC mates for buying it, but his book is a very good read. Recommended reading for all football fans.

I'm all for giving credit where it's due as a Pool fan, ie to Neville the pundit, but you went out and bought his book? Grab a copy of the Sun while you were out too? :eek:

garra wrote: »
    I'm all for giving credit where it's due as a Pool fan, ie to Neville the pundit, but you went out and bought his book? Grab a copy of the Sun while you were out too? :eek:

I know thats incredible really. neville is one of the least likeable people in the sporting world. even some united fans i know were able to see what he was when he was a player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Yeah that's exactly the same thing as buying the s#n. Get a grip gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bit off topic but just caught Tony Gale on SSN saying that The Premier League is not all it's cracked up to be, that won't go down well with The Sky Propaganda team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What a ridiculous thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

garra, cop yourself on. Don't post in this thread again if you have nothing positive to contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Neville is a xenophobe. Criticised De Gea for mistakes but if Hart makes them nothing said. Foreign players dive he goes mad, Sturridge dives he says it's not a dive. Beginning to find him very irratating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Probably because hes their NT coach, are the entire Liverpool squad racists for supporting Suarez back at the Evra incident? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Neville is a xenophobe. Criticised De Gea for mistakes but if Hart makes them nothing said. Foreign players dive he goes mad, Sturridge dives he says it's not a dive. Beginning to find him very irratating

He doesn't go mad when anyone dives. he's the one who gave the excellent and well thought out analysis of diving in the premiership. no xenophobia on show there.

his entire thing on diving is, if as a defender you give the player a chance to go down, and the ref a chance to do you, you've nobody to blame but yourself. this is a sentiment that carragher has echoed, and it's exactly what he was saying with the vidic sturridge incident.

he's dead right in my view as well by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

yomtea98 wrote: »

He certainly has a conflict of interest but he's not necessarily xenophobic. In fact that's a very bigoted conclusion to jump to.

Advertisement