Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doro PhoneEasy 409 GSM

Options
  • 28-03-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I just bought this prepay phone on the emobile website. It was sold out on the Vodafone website.
    I think I could have made a bit of a mistake.
    I was thinking that this phone would be unlocked and that I could use vodafone prepay credit on it. Am I wrong? Can I only use emobile credit? And is this a good service or not?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I just bought this prepay phone on the emobile website. It was sold out on the Vodafone website.
    I think I could have made a bit of a mistake.
    I was thinking that this phone would be unlocked and that I could use vodafone prepay credit on it. Am I wrong? Can I only use emobile credit? And is this a good service or not?

Thanks

Also the elderly person would have an eircom landline. Could calls from the landline be automatically redirected. Would be v handy if it was easy to do.

Can someone from eircom answer this for me please?

Can someone from emobile please answer this?
    I have had to ask 3 times now. Over on the Vodafone forum queries are dealt with promptly.

I got this Doro phone for an elderly relative. It's PAYG. Is there any free credit on the phone? How can I top up with credit? Who does the network piggback off?
    How much credit will I have to put on this phone before I can unlock it and go to another network?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Can someone from emobile please answer this?
    I have had to ask 3 times now. Over on the Vodafone forum queries are dealt with promptly.

I got this Doro phone for an elderly relative. It's PAYG. Is there any free credit on the phone? How can I top up with credit? Who does the network piggback off?
    How much credit will I have to put on this phone before I can unlock it and go to another network?

Thank you

Register online and you'll be entitled to registration credit. (assuming you got a sim with it?) Schedule your top up too and you'll be able to get extra credit. (i.e. Set it up to come out of the bank every 30 days)

You ask for emobile credit in the shop. Or top up online. It runs off Meteors coverage.

Usually €127 has to be spent to be able to get an unlocking code.

I believe Meteor are poor in rural areas.
    I think I am caught now anyway.

My relative just wants to top up whenever he needs. He doesn't want direct debit set up.

Do you have to sign up to a Prepay plan or can you just top up with a certain amount and not have to use it within a month. What calls package would you get?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I am wondering if I could sign him upto the 2030 plan but have it paid throuhh his eircom landline bill. It would be very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I am wondering if I could sign him upto the 2030 plan but have it paid throuhh his eircom landline bill. It would be very handy.

Hi Tigerandahalf
    Yes you should have had a reply earlier. I am afraid I missed your post, my apologies.we would normally reply within working hours and by next working day at least. Craigsmith_IO's post is correct and i am looking into this second request for you. I have seen your post to other thread also. Would yo ube able to PM me the relevant landline and mobile telephone numbers?
    Tony

Advertisement