Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 - Collectors Edition

• 28-03-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

List of Retailers selling Guild Wars 2 Collectors edition.

Tesco - NO ( Email Sent Awaiting Reply. )

Smyths Toy-stores - NO ( Email Replied.) ( See reply Section )

GameStop - NO ( Email Replied.) ( see reply Section )

Zavvi UK - YES ( Shipped from UK ) ( see reply Section ) Zavvi Guild Wars 2.

Argos - NO ( Email Sent Awaiting Reply. )

HMV - NO ( Email Sent Awaiting Reply. )

Xtra Vision - NO ( Email Sent Awaiting Reply. )

If one is not here let me know and i will send them an email.

Reply Section:

Gamestop:
    Hi Mikey,

I am afraid we have not received any confirmation on this as of yet. I would recommend that you check back. I am afraid this would not be handled by Gamestop in the US.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca.

Zavvi:
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

I have looked into this for you and I can confirm that you can pre-order this game with us.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Rachel.

Customer Service Advisor,
    Zavvi.com

Smyths:
    Dear Michael.

Thank you for your email.

Currently we have no details on this product as there is no official release date for the actual game.

It is unlikely we will be stocking the collector’s edition, however we would expect to be stocking the standard edition of the game and once an official release date is confirmed we will have this on our website,

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
    Bridie
    Customer Services Dept
    Smyths Toys Superstores

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all,

So the list just went up with the retailers for Guild Wars 2 Collectors editions and look ireland isnt there... Typical.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti/GW2_prepurchase_retailers_list

Everyone who is interested in Collectors edition please email Gamestop and ask about the collectors edition. Maybe if enough ask they will look into it.

By the looks of things we can order from Zavvi in england, Would have loved if gamestop got their act together though.

They do not have the collectors edition on their site yet but im expecting it to go up any day. I wonder how much they will charge?

Zavvi Guild Wars 2.

Cheers all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks for posting these MikeyJoyce, it's a massive pity nowhere in Ireland seems to be stocking the CE, especially with the closing of GAME. Looks like Zavvi is the way to go, despite the CE being listed as sold out already, even though it's not available for purchase yet.
    Honestly I'd prefer not to buy online because of the hassle of waiting for another delivery of the actual content once the game is launched. Also this:
    This Collector’s Edition is Extremely Limited, with Limited Quantity
    is not promising. I know that millions of the things are not going to be churned out, but come on Anet, you've already created enough artificial demand for the game, why add more to it?

Edit: Also, this is really annoying and I was afraid it would happen, it's £130, which is €156. Considering on the buy page on the GW2 site the price is listed as $150, we're getting shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arvee

any news about retailers in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I heard something about Gamestop now having CE on guildwars2guru.com so i sent an email to my local gamestop manager and gamestop dublin and am expecting a reply sometime today.

If they don't reply i will drop in after work and have a chat with them.

Ill update on here with any info i find.

I found this in the updated Retailer's List

Ireland
    • Gamestop - CE
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I cant edit the original Message anymore but yey! thanks to Arvee i just seen that the list has been updated to Inculde Ireland Gamestop! Will be going in tomorrow morning! A little bird told me its 130 euro but i will let everyone know soon as i drop into them.

CE - Gamestop :D

• Advertisement

can't wait til april 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 donan

Just spotted this post now. I preordered the GW2 Collectors Edition prepurchase in gamestop about 5 days ago. 5 euro to reserve and pay the balance of 125euro on the 10th.

My advice is to reserve on fast as the GS employee didnt seem to know how many would be available so they seem to be taking reservations regardless of how much stock their getting.

Cant wait for this game to come out! :)

You can preorder the prepurchase? Thanks for letting us know, didn't realise you could do that! Gotta get to Gamestop tomorrow.

donan wrote: »
    Just spotted this post now. I preordered the GW2 Collectors Edition prepurchase in gamestop about 5 days ago. 5 euro to reserve and pay the balance of 125euro on the 10th.

My advice is to reserve on fast as the GS employee didnt seem to know how many would be available so they seem to be taking reservations regardless of how much stock their getting.

Cant wait for this game to come out! :)

I've been to GS Henry Street (Dublin City Centre) today. I asked them if they're stocking and if I can pre-order/purchase a copy, but the clerk said. it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not sure if it's for all GS Nationwide or just in Henry St. I'll be back on the 10th (Tuesday) to check again. I hope they'll stock :(

Arvee wrote: »
    I've been to GS Henry Street (Dublin City Centre) today. I asked them if they're stocking and if I can pre-order/purchase a copy, but the clerk said. it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not sure if it's for all GS Nationwide or just in Henry St. I'll be back on the 10th (Tuesday) to check again. I hope they'll stock :(

Really? I'm sorry you couldn't get it there but I had been planning on going into town today to order it from there, and was cursing myself that I couldn't, at least I didn't waste a trip. Maybe donan can post which Gamestop he preordered his from?

• Advertisement

I preordered mine in Naas gamestop so maybe give them a call before you make the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Have purchased it from the amazon.fr website today. I don't know any french but got a chap in the lotro kin I am in to check the confirmation email and all is in order.

A bit of trial and error with filling in the details on the site but the layout is the same as all amazon sites so it was straight forward enough considering I dont know any French!

Lister1 wrote: »
    Have purchased it from the amazon.fr website today. I don't know any french but got a chap in the lotro kin I am in to check the confirmation email and all is in order.

A bit of trial and error with filling in the details on the site but the layout is the same as all amazon sites so it was straight forward enough considering I dont know any French!

Google translate ftw! :)

donan wrote: »
    Google translate ftw! :)

Hehe, only thing that bothers me a bit is how easy it was. Really cant see what the fuss is about....

Lister1 wrote: »

Will the "making of" book and the manual and all that not be in French when you get it though?

delta36 wrote: »
    Will the "making of" book and the manual and all that not be in French when you get it though?

Hehe, didn't think of that and have no idea if that will be the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so is there still no confirmed release date yet?

No release date yet. There was speculation that we'd get a release date when prepurchase begins tomorrow but apparently ArenaNet have said thats not gonna happen.
    :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just watched a 40 minute video in another thread and I want it :O Dynamic events should cool

Careful, it can turn into a very sad addiction constantly looking for the latest beta footage :D
    I've been refreshing pages and lurking in forums for weeks now looking for new info. Thankfully prepurchase begins tomorrow and that gets me in the beta near the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Dam wish I had the cash to pre order,how come its not up on gamestops website?

Well Gamestop Ireland was only confirmed as a prepurchase retailer a few days ago so maybe it'll be up on their site tomorrow when its officially available. Although they've been accepting reservations for at least 2 weeks so maybe they just have really lazy IT staff :P

there's a release date in gamestop NA page.
    it says 6/26/2012
    but it's not confirmed tho. also in Amazon FR. it says late june 2012.
    so it might be true.

Arvee wrote: »
    there's a release date in gamestop NA page.
    it says 6/26/2012
    but it's not confirmed tho. also in Amazon FR. it says late june 2012.
    so it might be true.

That, unfortunately, has been going on for years, with some retailers just putting out a date.
    Example:
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-01-25/guild_wars_2_preorder_starts.shtml

Gamestop told me last week that release date is 4th of may. Gamestop america had a different date. They dont have a clue of the release date really, they just give a date to make people buy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

got mine online but i just rang my local gamestop in tallaght and they said there sold out of ce(they rang carlow in store for me and said there only a few left....9,45am)

This isn't looking good for getting the CE for me so, going to try Gamestop in Dublin, then in Newbridge, see if I have any luck. It seems a bit odd that a Gamestop in the capital wouldn't stock it, but the Gamestop in Naas is.

delta36 wrote: »
    This isn't looking good for getting the CE for me so, going to try Gamestop in Dublin, then in Newbridge, see if I have any luck. It seems a bit odd that a Gamestop in the capital wouldn't stock it, but the Gamestop in Naas is.

Bought mine from here and got shipping confirmation email this morning.

http://www.amazon.fr/Guild-Wars-%C3%A9dition-collector-pr%C3%A9-achat/dp/B007PBRP00/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334057654&sr=8-2

• Advertisement

Well I just got back from Gamestop Naas. I have 2 CE's reserved and was supposed to pick them up today but apparently there's been some confusion or a late delivery and it hasn't arrived in stores yet. Its expected to arrive later and I'll get a call when it does but if visiting gamestops then call ahead.
    On the bright side they seem to be aware of the system for giving out beta keys followed by the full CE on release date so once their finished screwing up there should be Collectors Editions available.

Advertisement