Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 - Collectors Edition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

donan wrote: »
    Well I just got back from Gamestop Naas. I have 2 CE's reserved and was supposed to pick them up today but apparently there's been some confusion or a late delivery and it hasn't arrived in stores yet. Its expected to arrive later and I'll get a call when it does but if visiting gamestops then call ahead.
    On the bright side they seem to be aware of the system for giving out beta keys followed by the full CE on release date so once their finished screwing up there should be Collectors Editions available.

Hm, it seems I have more chance of winning a dance off against Abaddon than of getting a CE beta box today. Nevertheless, off to Dublin I go.

Edit: Henry St. Gamestop do not have anything in yet, though the guy acknowledged that they should have, but at least I got to put down my deposit, so when they do get them in, one will be sitting there with my name on it. Anyone else have any luck getting the beta box?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arvee

I gave up on the CE here in Ireland. cause it seems like gamestop here have no idea of the pre-purchase date. instead I bought a Digital Deluxe off Arena Net's Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 donan

I'd be doing the same if I hadn't already given GS my money.
    Might go back tomorrow and ask for my cash back, wish I listened to all the bad reports I've heard about them.

Looking at Guild Wars 2 FB page, a good few people seem to having problems with Gamestop. But from what someone posted here earlier, Tallaght and Carlow did get them.. this is a little annoying, admittedly, we can't do much with the beta codes till the end of the month, but still.

Edit:
    For those of you not following the GW2 Twitter account, they posted this earlier:
    Those of you that have purchased from Gamestop, please tweet back with the store location, so we can get the ball rolling :) ^AT

and then this:
    Thanks for your tweets with GS locals, it seems widespread enough that I'll get at least 1 tweet for each shop :p We're working on it :) ^AT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Anyone successfully buy a copy in Gamestop store?

• Advertisement

Merger wrote: »
    Anyone successfully buy a copy in Gamestop store?

Haven't heard back from Henry St. yet, anyone else having luck?

Edit: Gamestop site has been updated at least.
    http://gamestop.ie/PC/Games/12272/guild-wars-2-collectors-edition-pre-purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

My copy from amazon.fr arrived today. Still looks like they have ce editions available if people are looking for them.

Lister1 wrote: »
    My copy from amazon.fr arrived today. Still looks like they have ce editions available if people are looking for them.

Kinda curious, what's in the CE Pre-purchase box? Any documentation at all or just a key? Is it a key on a cool looking card like the original GW? Also, is yours in French?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

delta36 wrote: »
    Kinda curious, what's in the CE Pre-purchase box? Any documentation at all or just a key? Is it a key on a cool looking card like the original GW? Also, is yours in French?

Basically just a DVD type box with a sheet of card in it that contains your key. It was indeed in French but easy enough to spot the link to register.

• Advertisement

@Lister: Thanks for letting me know.

Just called Henry St. Gamestop there, he said they do have them in, but asked me if I had pre-ordered one, which I take to mean that they are practically sold out (the CE on their website is also sold out). So anyone who put down a deposit for Henry St, the box is there waiting for you.

Actually, scratch what I posted. Went in to the store, gave the guy my name and said I had reserved the CE of the game, he pulled out a box with my name on it, it was the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase. I tried to explain to him that this was the wrong box and he said "Well, these were the only boxes we got in". A little *expletive*-ing pissed off with Gamestop now, gonna call head office tomorrow see if I can get this sorted, it really shouldn't be this hard.

andy85wsm wrote: »

Same, it's it not like the guy just misheard me when I put my deposit down on Tuesday, I explicitly stated Collector's Edition Pre Purchase, checked the price with him, and it also says CE on my receipt. My worry now is that they've all been sold online and there won't be any left for the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Went yesterday and got mine in Dundalk no problems there. I had preordered the pre-purchase box weeks ago and apparently mine was the only one in the store but i dunno lol 129.99 in store and the manager said come back in on release and collect the final product so im happy he knows whats up :D

Just picked up my reserved copy from Gamestop. I was a bit worried when I saw the website was sold out but they did hold onto a copy for me in store. So alls good even it it did take them 3 days longer than the rest of the world.
    They seemed to have more copies there so if anyone is still looking for a CE check out gamestop Naas. They should have at least 1 spare since I reserved 2 but only bought one in the end

Well, unfortunately me choosing the Henry St store for the CE pre purchase hasn't gone as well. Called them again today, asked what the story was and was there any chance of me getting the CE pre purchase, I was told no, sorry, the Standard Edition was the only box they were given by their suppliers to that store, apparently a lot of other stores had the same problem. I was told that my options were to either move the deposit to a SE pre purchase, or come in and get a refund on my deposit. So I'm choosing to get a refund. Have placed an order for the CE pre purchase on Zavvi, (Thank you MikeyJoyce), as it was still listed as in stock, and just waiting for it to ship now, which I expect won't be till Monday or Tuesday, but hopefully I'll get it in time for the next BWE.
    Overall, quite disappointed with Gamestop, figured once you go in and ask to put a deposit on something, and they say you can, they'll actually get it in for you. Lesson learned, I will never bother pre-ordering from them again. Next time I'll just shop online, despite being more expensive in this case, it's easier and faster.

Came across this on e-bay. Just, wow, I thought Zavvi was expensive. Selling the CE pre-purchase for €278.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Guild-Wars-2-Pre-Purchase-Collectors-Edition-PC-BRAND-NEW-/170824602568?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27c5f093c8#ht_3344wt_1270

AHhh thats unfortunate about Gamestop not keeping you a copy =[, how much was zavvi altogether inculding shipping?

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    AHhh thats unfortunate about Gamestop not keeping you a copy =[, how much was zavvi altogether inculding shipping?

It's €157.66 including delivery which is €1.21. Impressed by the delivery cost, wonder if I'll get charged delivery again when the actual CE is shipped.

Edit: Looking at the site now, I've noticed the price has actually been slowly increasing since I ordered it. It's now listed as €162.95. Bit unusual for them to do that isn't it?

• Advertisement

Happy Days! On a side note, they've posted this:
    Hey everyone, we're having some temporary technical difficulties (we blame the krait). Pre-purchase has not ended early, so don't fret. We hope to have everything back up and running soon. ~RB2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arvee

hey. srry if this is out of topic. but I don't know where to ask. where can I buy gaming desktops or maybe where can I buy parts to build a custom pc myself here in Ireland? thanks

Arvee wrote: »
    hey. srry if this is out of topic. but I don't know where to ask. where can I buy gaming desktops or maybe where can I buy parts to build a custom pc myself here in Ireland? thanks

Hi, well if you are looking to build your own pc ( which i recommend ) then there are many places to choose from.

Most people on here on boards will recommend a German Site but i just dont like using it and it doesnt look great.
    The sites i have used many times that can be trusted and give good prices are.

www.dabs.ie
    www.komplett.ie
    www.pixmania.ie
    www.elara.ie

In all honesty Dabs and Komplett are probably the best of the bunch.

If you want to buy a pre-built gaming pc a few of my friends have used

http://www.custompc.ie/

The only problem with this site is it can be pricey for what you get.

If you need any help let me know :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Arvee wrote: »

We have a specific forum for this, and the folks there will be a great help.

Pc Building & Upgrading

This thread is soon just going to become a log of my fall to insanity. Got a call from Gamestop a few minutes ago. Was told that my collectors edition pre order had come in. Called them back to double check "collectors edition". Was told that's what it was and it had just come in. Have cancelled my order with Zavvi as it still hasn't shipped, is two days overdue to be shipping, and I figure I won't get it in time for the BWE. So into Dublin I go yet again. If this turns out to be the same incorrect box waiting for me I may just spend my €130 on liquor and see where the day takes me.

Fingers crossed for ya. But if the alternative is €130 worth of booze its kinda a win/win situation. :)

delta36 wrote: »
    If this turns out to be the same incorrect box waiting for me I may just spend my €130 on liquor and see where the day takes me.

Lol this made my day :D

So couldn't cancel my order with Zavvi yesterday as the order had changed to "awaiting dispatch". Despite that changing yesterday, it only got shipped today, so fingers crossed I get it at some point next week. Also for anyone interested there'll probably be a CE pre-purchase box in Gamestop on Henry St once I call them to say I don't want it.

• Advertisement

So, considering the game releases in about a week (finally!), I was wondering about people who ordered the CE from Zavvi, I just got an apologetic email from them saying that they're sorry my order hasn't shipped yet. This is exactly the same **** they sent me the last time when I was waiting for my pre purchase box. Anyone else here who ordered from Zavvi get anything similar? Or has anyone gotten their box yet?

Advertisement