Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gootecks leaving fighting games/Cross Counter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

More News. Spooky mentioned that on the Big Two stream that Gootecks seems to be getting involved with LI Joe and the whole Brazzers thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Get in that ass Gootecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Good for you Gootecks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Surprised the Mike Ross did not walk with him. Gootecks is very professional, likeable and inoffensive. The vids of Mike Ross on his own where not the best. "I am the best" gets old very quickly. Mike on the other hand is a good player and seems to be able to kick it up a gear a tourneys.

They where the Ant and Dec of the FGC :).

Sometimes things like this light a fire under a persons arse and is the making of them.

How about the Gootecks and Jago show :)

Only thing that annoys me about Gootecks is that Rose in the Deadwood dress. Just not right for a fighting game

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mystery solved- Gootecks is commentating on MLG right now.

Between this and Spooky, not liking the way things look to be going right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mystery solved- Gootecks is commentating on MLG right now.

Between this and Spooky, not liking the way things look to be going right now :(

What happened with Spooky?

I think this kind of stuff was always going to happen as more and more money started to flow into things. As silly as he was, Triforce was way ahead of the game in seeing this kind of thing happening.

Look at this video :

I don't think the passion is as pure anymore, there's too many side interests.

Jeez, typing all this shít I feel like I should make up some sort of FGC hipster meme picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Looks like Gootecks has moved onto more exciting things :pac:

I just turned 31 last Friday so forgive me if I've missed something due to being old but who on earth would sit at home and watch a live stream of what's going on in a nightclub? I can't imagine. If anything, the thing they should be streaming is the scene at the door circa 4am when everyone's cutting the lugs off of each other.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah I was watching that trailer thinking the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I think its more about the music than actually watching a dancefloor or pick up artists hard at work..

Weezer have streamed their warm ups before gigs and random practice sessions on ustream which were awesome to me. I guess this could be the same if your into that kind of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Gootecks looks so sad in that video :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

http://boilerroom.tv/ do the same thing for electronic music and it's deadly. They have quite high profile DJs at their events though. This looks fairly ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I saw him talking about this on the Executives show, he seems to think there's good potential in it (so did the other guys).

I don't think there's any problem with the idea or the business model, it#s just that it doesn't necessarily appeal to his current audience, so he doesn't get to cash in on the Gootecks name; so it's like he's starting from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

So Gootecks is back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

20510483.jpg

Advertisement