Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order fulfillment services?

Options
  • 28-03-2012 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody had any experience dealing with order fulfillment services in Ireland? (For an ecommerce site)

In theory it sounds ideal - the monotony of packing orders everyday is sucking the motivation out of me, and doesn't leave much time for working on the business. It seems like using a service like this would be more cost effective than hiring an employee, as I could also reduce overheads like unit rent etc.

But it does also seem quite risky, handing over control of an important part of the business to somebody else....

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

picknpack.ie ... I've not used them myself but know people who do and they're quite happy (as far as I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bizzybee3

Thanks nice1franko, I hadn't found that site in my searches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Can anybody give me an idea of what they are paying for such services - putting an item or items in a bag and shipping them?

How much per pick and how much per parcel unit For delivery etc.?

Does not have to be picknpack.ie but any company offering similar service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

It would depend on the average number of orders you do, how much storage space you need, item weights/sizes etc so you'd be better off ringing them.

I'd say you'd probably be looking at between 7-12 euro per couriered package and a monthly fee of maybe 75-150 euro for a small storage area.

Give them a buzz though. I really don't know

Advertisement