Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFC Playoff Picture

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

@ daflood @ McG
    I''ll be aiming to beat the broncos.. as if i lose i could potentially end up playing the Colts in the play offs again.. and getting beaten (badly) again!
    The Titans will be well up for the Broncos game.

If i was to make a prediction it will be..
    Jets
    Colts
    Broncos
    Ravens
    Titans
    Bills

So the Titans and Ravens will have 2 consecutive games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

@ daflood @ McG
    I''ll be aiming to beat the broncos.. as if i lose i could potentially end up playing the Colts in the play offs again.. and getting beaten (badly) again!
    The Titans will be well up for the Broncos game.

If i was to make a prediction it will be..
    Jets
    Colts
    Broncos
    Ravens
    Titans
    Bills

So the Titans and Ravens will have 2 consecutive games :D

Curious that you're predicting Ravens in the playoffs, considering you play in Week 17, when it will all be on the line.

Sounds very Serie A to me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Curious that you're predicting Ravens in the playoffs, considering you play in Week 17, when it will all be on the line.

Sounds very Serie A to me...

Hey.. its the AFC North.. I know i'll win :D
    But I think you may have trouble with the Cards... but you'll beat the Steelers..

You'll both end up 8-8 (i predicted that a division winner would be 8-8 :p)

Actually I just realised the Bengals hold a better divisional record (I thought it was the ravens :confused: sorry its early and I've had an easter egg!)

But you're right a lot is going come down to week 17.

A loss to the Broncos, will leave me needing to beat the Ravens to ensure a play off place.

With the Titans narrow loss, things get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

AFC East
    Jets 15-0 (Divisional Champions)
    Bills 8-6

AFC North
    Ravens 8-7
    Bengals 7-7

AFC South
    Colts 11-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Titans 9-6
    Jaguars 7-8

AFC West
    Broncos 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Raiders 8-6
    Chargers 6-8

We have a great battle going on for the 2 wildcard spots.

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Bills 8-6 (Giants, Colts)
    Raiders 8-6 (Chargers, Packers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)
    Bengals 7-7 (Cardinals, Steelers)
    Jaguars 7-8 (Texans)
    Chargers 6-8 (Raiders, Chiefs)

WILDCARDS

I expect that the Bengals will win out the season against 2 CPU teams and take the AFC North making the week 17 clash between the Titans and Ravens a HUGE game. These teams could take both wildcard spots depending on results elsewhere but both will go into it feeling it's a must win. A Ravens win would see them match the Titan's record and take the tiebreaker! That would get them in the door unless the Bills and Raiders both win out. A Titans win should see them into the playoffs but I'm not sure how the tiebreakers would shake out if the Bills and Raiders both won their final two games.

The Bills have 2 tough games against human opposition but still have a good chance. If the Colts lose against the Texans this week they'll have lost the #2 seed and may decide to rest a large number of the team for the week 17 game against the Bills.

For the Raiders, 2 wins to finish the season and they're probably going to the playoffs (it's so tight that we can't be certain that will be enough, at the same time one win might be enough!).

The Texans will not let the Jaguars go to the playoffs.

The Chargers are still in it, they have to beat the Raiders in week 16 to keep themselves in contention (albeit at very long odds).

SEEDING

Jets are #1
    If the Colts can win their games at the Texans and Bills they'll probably finish on the same record as the Broncos. Not sure who has the tiebreaker but it's no sure thing the Colts picking up those 2 wins so I'll give the Broncos the edge here.
    #4 will likely go to the Bengals but the Ravens will step in if the Bengals slip up at all in their final two games.

#5 and #6......... who knows?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

I think the tiebreaker between myself and Colts is Divisional record and mine is one better as they have 3 div losses and I have two (I lost to Ben's Packers)

That means I just have to beat the CPU Vikes to take it.

I have my fingers majorly crossed for no connection issues!!! :(

McG wrote: »
    We have a great battle going on for the 2 wildcard spots.

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 8-6 (Chargers, Packers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)
    Bengals 7-7 (Cardinals, Steelers)
    Jaguars 7-8 (Texans)
    Chargers 6-8 (Raiders, Chiefs)

WILDCARDS

I expect that the Bengals will win out the season against 2 CPU teams and take the AFC North making the week 17 clash between the Titans and Ravens a HUGE game. These teams could take both wildcard spots depending on results elsewhere but both will go into it feeling it's a must win. A Ravens win would see them match the Titan's record and take the tiebreaker! That would get them in the door unless the Bills and Raiders both win out. A Titans win should see them into the playoffs but I'm not sure how the tiebreakers would shake out if the Bills and Raiders both won their final two games.

The Bills have 2 tough games against human opposition but still have a good chance. If the Colts lose against the Texans this week they'll have lost the #2 seed and may decide to rest a large number of the team for the week 17 game against the Bills.

For the Raiders, 2 wins to finish the season and they're probably going to the playoffs (it's so tight that we can't be certain that will be enough, at the same time one win might be enough!).

The Texans will not let the Jaguars go to the playoffs.

The Chargers are still in it, they have to beat the Raiders in week 16 to keep themselves in contention (albeit at very long odds).

SEEDING

The Raiders and Bills both have very tough games, so... i'm going to say they'll both win 1 and lose 1 putting them on 9-7.

A titans loss will put them on 9-7 and and leave them with 7 conference wins from 12
    LM is acting odd so I cant check the Raiders/Bills conference records

[QUOTE=McG;78043966

WILDCARDS

I expect that the Bengals will win out the season against 2 CPU teams and take the AFC North making the week 17 clash between the Titans and Ravens a HUGE game. These teams could take both wildcard spots depending on results elsewhere but both will go into it feeling it's a must win. A Ravens win would see them match the Titan's record and take the tiebreaker! That would get them in the door unless the Bills and Raiders both win out. A Titans win should see them into the playoffs but I'm not sure how the tiebreakers would shake out if the Bills and Raiders both won their final two games.[/QUOTE]

McG Shane C is back for the Cardinals and the Bengals play the Cards this game week.... adds more complexity to the mix..

daflood wrote: »
    I think the tiebreaker between myself and Colts is Divisional record and mine is one better as they have 3 div losses and I have two (I lost to Ben's Packers)

That means I just have to beat the CPU Vikes to take it.

I have my fingers majorly crossed for no connection issues!!! :(

yeah, conference record should do it for you. I fully expect you to win final game so have to consider resting players for my last 2 games. I can't drop to #4 so looks like I'm set at #3.

McFadden is due back this week after 2 weeks out.... might be better off saving him for playoffs.

Actually if anyone is near their xbox could they check how long Best is out for??

• Advertisement

McG Shane C is back for the Cardinals and the Bengals play the Cards this game week.... adds more complexity to the mix..

Bengals can still lose to the Cardinals and win the division if the Titans win in week 17. All very exciting. Once this gameweek is complete we can go through all the possibilities again.

Actually if anyone is near their xbox could they check how long Best is out for??

According to EA site, Lito Sheppard is out with dehydration. That's the only injury concern for the Titans

According to EA site, Lito Sheppard is out with dehydration. That's the only injury concern for the Titans
    :confused:

Well at least Best will be back for the key Ravens game... though he has struggled in recent games

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I had that with Rober Meecham earlier in the season, it's broken ribs

AFC East
    Bills 8-6
    AFC North
    Bengals 8-7
    Ravens 8-7
    AFC South
    Colts 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Titans 9-6
    AFC West
    Raiders 9-6

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 9-6 (Packers)
    Bengals 8-7 (Steelers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)

The Bengals win over the CPU Cardinals have left them a win from securing the AFC North and the playoff spot that goes along with it. A loss against the Steelers might even be enough if the Titans beat the Ravens in week 17.

Bills v Giants is the last game left to play this week that affect playoffs.

My guess:
    #1: Jets
    #2: Broncos
    #3: Colts
    #4: Bengals
    #5: Titans (close call this, but I think Titans edge Ravens)
    #6: Bills (by virtue of tiebreaker over Raiders)

There's a reasonable chance that all these teams end up 9-7 which would have the Bengals win their division but I'm not sure how the wildcards would shake out at all.

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 9-6 (Packers)
    Bengals 8-7 (Steelers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)

There's a reasonable chance that all these teams end up 9-7 which would have the Bengals win their division but I'm not sure how the wildcards would shake out at all.

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 9-6 (Packers)
    Bengals 8-7 (Steelers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)

Titans will have a better conference record than the Raiders, but a worse record than the Bills. Titans/Ravens are currently tied with 7 conference wins each!!

My prediction will be Bills will take one wild card, Raiders will be beaten by the Packers.

The Titans/Ravens game is going to be a monster clash!
    Both teams know that winner takes all and loser gets nothing but ridicule!
    Both GMs will know that a turn over could kill them, so i expect this game to be a very much run and punt affair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 9-6 (Packers)
    Bengals 8-7 (Steelers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)

Bengals will beat the Steelers and win the AFC North

Then

Ravens beat Titans
    Packers beat raiders

Bills and Colts is not relevant to the Ravens

Then Raiders, Ravens and Titans are all equal on 9-7

Ravens have beaten the Titans and also Ravens beat the Raiders way back in week three

So Ravens take a wildcard

Is that right or am I all wrong? :confused:
    I'm hoping it's right

looking at the Titans post above it seems to be the case

No youre right mike.
    The raiders are out of it IMO
    If i win, I go to 10-6 and even if they do aswell I have a better division record.
    If you win and they do you beat them H2H.

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »

Bills and Colts is not relevant to the Ravens

am I missing someing? :confused:

would a win and a loss for the Bills not leave them on the same record creating a 4 way tie. In that case would it be straight to conference records?

Bills whipped the Ravens earlier this season

Even if they tie, Bills would be ahead of Ravens on head to head

I titled the post Ravens view, just how I see it from my side

Happy to be corrected though

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Bills whipped the Ravens earlier this season

Even if they tie, Bills would be ahead of Ravens on head to head

I titled the post Ravens view, just how I see it from my side

Happy to be corrected though

I think that as the Bills and Titans won't have played each other it'll be conference records. If we go with the scenario that gives a 4 way tie (and we give the Bills a win over the Giants but a loss to the Colts) then the Bills and Ravens have an 8-4 conference record, the Titans have 7-5 and the Raiders have 6-6.

Of course the Bills could win out and the Titans win at the Ravens which would make things more simple.

From NFL.com (who knows what EA have implemented though)

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1) Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
    2) Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
    3) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    4) Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    5) Strength of victory.
    6) Strength of schedule.
    7) Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8) Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9) Best net points in conference games.
    10) Best net points in all games.
    11) Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12) Coin toss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

No youre right mike.
    The raiders are out of it IMO
    If i win, I go to 10-6 and even if they do aswell I have a better division record.
    If you win and they do you beat them H2H.

More of this Raiders are out of it crap. If we beat the Packers, a lot of stuff has to go wrong for us to go out. Even if we don't beat the Packers we could get in.

That's a big if man!

That's a big if man!

I was written off last year and I won my last 2 games to go 9-7 and The Falcons and the 49ers both lost on the last day, I had better conference records and a head to head on the 9ers. I made the play offs. Anything can happen

Kepp the faith Raiders, Al would!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

etloveslsd wrote: »
    That's a big if man!

I was written off last year and I won my last 2 games to go 9-7 and The Falcons and the 49ers both lost on the last day, I had better conference records and a head to head on the 9ers. I made the play offs. Anything can happen

Kepp the faith Raiders, Al would!!
    Yeah...you owe me one for that!

AFC East
    Bills 9-6
    AFC North
    Bengals 8-7
    Ravens 8-7
    AFC South
    Colts 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Titans 9-6
    AFC West
    Raiders 9-6

Current wildcard rankings based on conf record

Bills 9-6 (Colts)
    Titans 9-6 (Ravens)
    Raiders 9-6 (Packers)
    Bengals 8-7 (Steelers)
    Ravens 8-7 (Titans)

The Bengals, Bills ,Titans and Ravens have their fates in their own hands (I think victory for each of them guarantees a playoff berth).
    The Oakland MJDs...erm I mean Raiders still have a chance but will need other results to go their way (due to having worst conference record).

It's cool we have half of the AFC either in the playoffs or with a chance going into week 17.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Yeah...you owe me one for that!

I'm sure my heart felt thanks are enough.... that and seeing your bitter rivals not make the post season;)

• Advertisement

The permutations are giving me a headache!
    All I know is that a win and I'm in the play offs!
    a loss and i'm out

Advertisement