Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFC Playoff Picture

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

McG wrote: »
    In that case I better beat the Bills and avoid you until the AFC Championship match if I want to make it 4 consecutive AFC Championship match appearances.

The worst thing you can say about a team is that they lost on purpose- John Madden, Raiders legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

AFC East
    Jets 16-0 (Divisional Champions)
    Bills 9-6 (Wildcard secured)
    AFC North
    Bengals 8-7 (Divisional Champions)
    AFC South
    Colts 12-3 (Divisional Champions)
    Titans 10-6 (Wildcard secured)
    AFC West
    Broncos 12-3 (Divisional Champions)

Seeding:
    #1 Jets (another perfect regular season for Berty)
    #2 Broncos
    #3 Colts
    #4 Bengals
    #5 Titans/Bills
    #6 Titans/Bills

The Colts @ Bills game will decide the final seeding for Titans and Bills. A Colts win will set up a rematch in the wildcard round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Colts/Titans and Packers/Lions must be the two big rivalries in this league. Colts Titans are always playing one another :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Colts/Titans and Packers/Lions must be the two big rivalries in this league. Colts Titans are always playing one another :pac:

yeah. A Bills win tomorrow sets up a 3rd (might even be 4th, can't remember) consecutive Colts v Titans playoff meeting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looking forward to changing the play off result anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

McG wrote: »
    yeah. A Bills win tomorrow sets up a 3rd (might even be 4th, can't remember) consecutive Colts v Titans playoff meeting.

Also sets up a Bills-Bengals playoff rematch from last season.
    Bills won in regular season last year, and Bengals came back to win the playoff game. Two very different teams this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Also sets up a Bills-Bengals playoff rematch from last season.
    Bills won in regular season last year, and Bengals came back to win the playoff game. Two very different teams this year though.

Are you going to play your last game again Rob or letting it sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Are you going to play your last game again Rob or letting it sim?

Rob posted this the other day in the results thread mate:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78115111&postcount=13
    Game against Steelers cut out, apparently disc unreadable midway through third quarter. Had just scored TD to go up 14-13. Head-wrecking!
    Don't have time to replay it as will be away for weekend, game doesn't mean anything so am happy to have it simmed.

Wildcard Round

Titans (6) @ Colts (3)
    Bills (5) @ Bengals (4)

Jets (1) and Broncos (2) await the winners

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For some reason i was thinking a bills win would mean i was going to play the bengals :confused:

• Advertisement

For some reason i was thinking a bills win would mean i was going to play the bengals :confused:

I'm pretty sure Bills win means they get 5th seed over Titans and they then play 2nd highest seed (Bengals) in wildcard.

which give us... for yet another season

Titans @ Colts

or I could have missed something

I could be wrong actually, not 100% sure. Looking at common games:

Bills are beaten by Jets twice and beat Colts
    Titans are beaten by Jets once and win/lose against Colts
    Other common games (Broncos) you have same results. That should leave common opponents records tied and Bills take #5 based on conf record.

We'll see when gameweek is advanced.

No you're right, bills have a one game lead in the conference games

Advertisement