Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrum Master Certification Course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Scrum Alliance used to be the only game in town, but a couple of years ago the co-founder of Scrum, Ken Schwaber, set up Scrum.org because he didn't like the way that Scrum Alliance was heading. I did both the Scrum Alliance CSM and the scrum.org Professional Scrum Master certs.

A few points:

For the Scrum Alliance CSM cert, I did not have to do an exam, so I could have slept through the 2 day course and still got my cert.

For professional Scrum Master, you don't need to attend a course, you can just learn yourself online and do the exam that costs $100.

Scrum.org exam questions are badly worded and deliberately ambiguous so it's not good for non-native speakers.

I'm a huge fan of Scrum and have been applying it in my company for a couple of years now, but I don't think highly of either Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org. However, I recommend Scrum.org as the slightly less commercial of the two, and Ken Schwaber's involvement adds a bit of extra activity.

I would advise that you start with mastering the rules of Scrum. Learn all the ins and outs of the Scrum guide, get the Professional Scrum Master cert from Scrum.org. The real value comes from applying Scrum and learning how to use it effectively; but in order to start doing that you must know the rules inside out.

Advertisement