Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi bar in Dublin

Options
  • 28-03-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good Sushi bar in Dublin? One where you sit around picking bits and pieces to eat (at normal prices please) etc etc
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Yo Sushi do the whole carousel thing and the food is fine

Yamamori and Sushi King do imo better food (and a wider range of japenese food) but don't have the carousel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yo Sushi is really expensive too. They even charge you for having water out of the tap(s) on each table ffs! (I know that sounds petty, but still......c'mon!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good Sushi bar in Dublin? One where you sit around picking bits and pieces to eat (at normal prices please) etc etc
    Thanks

Michie Sushi in Ranelagh. http://www.michiesushi.com/

It really is very good. More for take-out than eat-in though, as the place is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

+1 for the expense of YoSushi. I couldn't believe the bill I got when I brought my daughter there for lunch. Maybe check the price of the individually coloured plates, and bring a calculator!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Sushi=expensive I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

not at all

Yamamori lunch specials - bento box etc are very good value

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

It definitely is compared to Japan. It's around 90cent for a plate of 2 pieces in most revolving sushi bars. Plus you get to put your plates into a machine beside your table and win prizes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Still too damn expensive for what you're getting. That's how they sting you. The portion sizes are tiny and charged through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Kokoro on Liffey St has the best prices I've found. You can pick out your own pieces (sounds similar to a carousel system except that it's on a shelf), works out about €2 for 4 pieces I think. Or you can buy a bento box which start at about 7.50 and I think have about 9 pieces, and you get free miso soup with them.

I personally think the sushi in Yamamori or Sushi King is a bit nicer but they are more expensive as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was in musashi on capel st last weekend and the sushi was so fresh and delicious. Much better than kokoro and you can get a couple of pieces of each so better than yamamori in that sense. In fact better than yamamori all round and much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Kokoro on Liffey St has the best prices I've found. You can pick out your own pieces (sounds similar to a carousel system except that it's on a shelf), works out about €2 for 4 pieces I think. Or you can buy a bento box which start at about 7.50 and I think have about 9 pieces, and you get free miso soup with them.

I personally think the sushi in Yamamori or Sushi King is a bit nicer but they are more expensive as well.

Go next door and sit down in the chinese looking restuarant next door, 1000 something - they do a monster (30 pieces I think) sushi boat for sharing at about €38 i think it is. Very good fresh sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Good Korean sushi on Capel St too at the Korean BBQ place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks guys...

It was a toss up between going to a Sushi bar or going to Thorntons for their lunch menu (but done that the last two years). Think I will still with Kevin again

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

Looking to go for the best dine in Sushi possible as my wife loves it and she just got a new job so a celebration is in order.

I also hopefully want to prove to her that there is good sushi available in Ireland.

All Recommendations/experiences welcome please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kt18

Anyone hear of a sushi delivery company operating in D15? I'm intrigued but a little wary!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://www.sushidublindelivery.com

These guys?
    Never heard of them before, not very informative on whats actually in the sets other than guessing from the stock photos. my guess its a cottage industry for some enterprising person...

Advertisement