Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inappropriate Clapping

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I dropped two boxes of Corona in the middle of a big shopping centre sending glass and beer all over the place!

Everyone clapped!!!! :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont know..................why would you care?

am i the only one who feels that if clapping about something annoys you that much you probably have other issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I went to the hunger games last Thursday. the whole place went nuts clapping when it ended. i was confused and angry

That movie was mint, it deserved many a clap at the end. I clapped because I loved it, its the new harry potter for me.... i miss harry potter:(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Flaker

in a restaurant or a bar, when you hear the crashing of dishes/glasses from the kitchen area or from behind the bar, and all the customers break out in applause. totally inappropriate but very funny

I used to be a waitress and I HATED that (not that I was always dropping dishes and sh*t - I wasnt, honest).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

am i the only one who feels that if clapping about something annoys you that much you probably need other issues

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Oooh inappropriate clapping gets right up my nose. I HATE HATE HATE it when at comedy gigs the audience applauds a joke; why not just laugh your head off to show your appreciation? Applauding just WASTES TIME, idiots. Save it for the end!

Another pet hate is the audience misreading the tone of a movie or worse, a play. I understand that in horror movies people laugh because they have a nervous reaction and that's fine. But sometimes you're watching a film that is both funny and sad and the audience laughs and claps uproariously during sad scenes because they are too dumb to notice that the tone has changed. ARGH.

Went to see Da in the Gate recently (very enjoyable). Like that, it's both very funny and very sad - it's about a man coming to terms with the death of his father ffs. The idiots in the audience laughed their way through some very painful scenes...you could see the confusion on the faces of the actors. Urgh. This nation gets stupider with every year that passes. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As we were walking up town, some guy collecting money calls out " Support Down's Syndrome", to us. Himself cheers and claps loudly:o Oh the shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

in connection with another thread here, i think we should tax clapping:cool:

• Advertisement

John Doe1 wrote: »
    in connection with another thread here, i think we should tax clapping:cool:

its only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I imagine they were happy it was over?

I was...the film was meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I wouldnt really class them as inappropriate times. When somebody is being lowered into a grave would be Inappropriate.

I dunno, I started off a round of applause for my Dad after he'd been lowered down. It was quite nice actually:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I am one of those annoying people... after a film, when I have landed on a plane somewhere that I am excited to be... clapaholic!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

will never understand the concept of clapping,it looks like a person attempting a sea lion impression,identity crisis or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

People clapping when a plane lands seem to be confined to charter flights in my experience and done by people of a certain class who are flying off for a week in an Irish bar in the canaries wearing a dublin jersey.

Very very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

People clapping when a plane lands seem to be confined to charter flights in my experience and done by people of a certain class who are flying off for a week in an Irish bar in the canaries wearing a dublin jersey.

Very very odd.

they do it on long haul also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

a. People are stupid
    b. If you fly Ryanair, you're happy you landed in one piece
    c. People are stupid.
    d. A combination of a,b,c

erm, I'm not so clear on point A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I like to clap when the bus driver pulls into the square or when the taxi driver drops me home of a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

I clap after my gf makes me cum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    I clap after my gf makes me cum.

So what you are saying is you gave your gf the clap?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

John Doe1 wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you gave your gf the clap?

pretty much.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's the inappropriate woo'ing that annoys me. Disgraceful carry on. Typical of the yanks though, they just can't resist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Also I’ve been in cinemas where people clap at the end of films. Unless you’re at a film premiere or a film festival and the film was outstanding maybe but I mean there isn’t much call for clapping at the end of Dumb and Dumber 2 in Mullingar is there?

l:

I clapped at the film 'Real steel' :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hobbes wrote: »
    My first experience of a movie in Boston. They dont only clap but give a running commentary through the movie. Very annoying having people cheer/applaud when you are trying to listen to the movie.

In the whole running commentry at the movies, I was at one of the first few showings of the last Harry Potter, and people were openly weeping at certain parts of the movie. I also vividly remember Neville Longbottom doing something apparently heroic and the whole cinema erupted into applause. It felt like being at a football match when a team scores...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was at The Eye in Galway about 2 years ago to see The Expendables in a not terribly full cinema. Throughout the film there was much applause and cheering from pretty much everyone* there. Normally I wouldn't be in favour of this, but that film is awesome!

*I should point out there was one woman in the cinema (in total, just the one), clearly dragged along, and I'm not sure she was terribly excited about being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

i like clapping,so i do,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i like clapping,so i do,

i like to give the clap.

oh sh*t wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Clapping at the TV seems so retarded

Clapping during a silence in a classical music concert when its not yet the interval is very inappropriate - it sort of spoils the moment and feels uncomfortable for most in attendance.

When I leave the apartment in the morning after giving the quare wan I met the night before the shag of her life that she wakened the whole block with her screaming orgasm - and the neighbours are all clapping as i leave - that can be a bit embarrasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

a. People are stupid
    b. If you fly Ryanair, you're happy you landed in one piece
    c. People are stupid.
    d. A combination of a,b,c

One piece just because its Ryanair? You'd swear they were some mad bunch of bastards that are just a bunch of lorry drivers that were shoved into planes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Clapping at the TV seems so retarded

Clapping during a silence in a classical music concert when its not yet the interval is very inappropriate - it sort of spoils the moment and feels uncomfortable for most in attendance.

When I leave the apartment in the morning after giving the quare wan I met the night before the shag of her life that she wakened the whole block with her screaming orgasm - and the neighbours are all laughing as i leave - that can be a bit embarrasing

Maybe they're more punters queueing up for their turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

mattjack wrote: »
    Maybe they're more punters queueing up for their turn.

You changed my post and are calling me a whore.:rolleyes:
    Clap on the back and a round of applause for mattjack ladies and gentlemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

bb1234567 wrote: »
    That movie was mint, it deserved many a clap at the end. I clapped because I loved it, its the new harry potter for me.... i miss harry potter:(

Eh, why don't you just watch Harry Potter again?

Problem sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I remember in a class the demonstrator needed a volunteer. The class 'legend' called 'morrissey' (from a different group) got up to volunteer. This got a load of cheering and clapping and he hadnt even done anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Owldshtok wrote: »
    You changed my post and are calling me a whore.:rolleyes:
    Clap on the back and a round of applause for mattjack ladies and gentlemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEl5k3Tzedc&feature=fvst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Im sitting in work like a weirdo pissing myself laughing at the what if the plane crashed they'd boo LOL

But all in all I think Immaculate Pasta is right its getting out of control its ridiculous its only allowed if your landing in ibiza boozed up to bits and ready for action :D

Ryanair have NEVER CRASHED A PLANE ILL HAVE YOU'S KNOW . LOL bunch of Wa***rs though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

steo_magra wrote: »
    Ryanair have NEVER CRASHED A PLANE ILL HAVE YOU'S KNOW . LOL bunch of Wa***rs though

yes they have , they just have never fallen from the sky or had a fatality whilst in flight or during take off or landing , but many have skidded off runways or bumped into ground based objects , a child was unfortunately killed when falling from the steps up to the aircraft - this is why they now insist that they are held when boarding

but your point is valid - many things annoy me about ryanair, but safety is not one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I like to clap when someone leaves toilet. I feel they deserve something for the effort ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I hear ya OP, it's disgraceful and a dying art form. I remember the good old days when we used to be able to clap at funerals but nowadays everyone is so anal about a good round of applause as people are being planted.

I clap really rudely and inappropriately when my woman makes the dinner. Then I smash the plate afterwards and stand it into the ground then I clap again (the clean it up clap) and go to the pub

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Agreed on a lot of the stuff posted so far. One that irks me is the clapping at soccer matches, the fans clap at almost anything that happens on the pitch. String three passes together, clap. Shoot wide from 20 yards, clap. A bit daft if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Bricriu

I ****ing abhor people who clap ALONG with the music when they are at a Traditional Irish music session. NOBODY who regularly goes to sessions claps ALONG. You clap at the end to show appreciation - that it, if it merits it.

At a session, most of us want to listen to the music without enduring ignorant morons creating dissonant noise.

You always know the idiots who have never been to a trad session before: they are sweating profusely trying to look as if they are enjoying themselves by clapping ALONG. Their only previous exposure to trad has been on the dreaded Late Late, or at a Wolfe Tones gig.

Hang these 'Happy' Clappy c**nts!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

Bricriu wrote: »
    I ****ing abhor people who clap ALONG with the music when they are at a Traditional Irish music session. NOBODY who regularly goes to sessions claps ALONG. You clap at the end to show appreciation - that it, if it merits it.

At a session, most of us want to listen to the music without enduring ignorant morons creating dissonant noise.

You always know the idiots who have never been to a trad session before: they are sweating profusely trying to look as if they are enjoying themselves by clapping ALONG. Their only previous exposure to trad has been on the dreaded Late Late, or at a Wolfe Tones gig.

Hang these 'Happy' Clappy c**nts!

i like clapping,so i do, and music thats traditional and irish,especially when its traditional irish,so it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement