Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Science

• 28-03-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Anyone here do Social Science?

Would you recommend it as a course, is it interesting etc?

Is it a qualification that you can travel with?

What are the job prospects like once you have the degree, ie what type of jobs and how much would you get paid?

But I really want to know is if it is a good course, better than my other option arts say?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Hey, I got my bachelor of social science last year.

I would definitely recommend it. It's very interestig and after 1st year you can choose from a wide range of modules. You do need to go on and do moe study, usually people for the maters in social work. I haven't used mine et because i'm going back to study again.

It's far better than arts! my friends who were doing the same modules through arts were doing a watered down version of the subjects. And the lecturers are great.

There arn't many hours (11 a week in first year i think), but you have essays to hand in very few weeks. It's all very managable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

"Social Science, at least its not Arts"

Got that printed on the back of our hoodies this year, too bad they were banned!
    Just finished first year and I loved the course!

Being realistic, it is essentially arts, except geared towards helping people. You're given set subjects for first year and then a limited choice in second.

The bachelor degree is a very broad degree, but you then need to do a masters if you wanted to go into something more specific, I.e. Social worker, Human rights worker ect.

The course in general really opens your eyes to so many things, its an extremely interesting course ( bar economics for me because I hate numbers)

Anyway Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beatlesfan

Hey,
    Just wondering what modules are the best to pick in second year social science at UCC.
    Im hoping to go into social work or maybe youth work and i am a bit lost.

Advertisement