Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephant in blackpool s.c?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was under the dumb media fuelled impression that veal was calves raised in a shed in the dark not allowed to move :o I usually

Most of the veal available in Ireland is of French origin and is reared like you said above.

British veal is different.

Don't think there is much Irish veal produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

corkonion wrote: »
    Most people calling for them to be banned are hypocrites as they bring their own kids to these shows when they are in town.

I'd like to see you back up that ridiculous statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shivdaspiv

Did anyone go to the protest last Sat in Blackpool? I read in the paper there was going to be one, unfortunately i wasn't able to come to the City for it.
    I an curious as to how it went...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

shivdaspiv wrote: »
    Did anyone go to the protest last Sat in Blackpool? I read in the paper there was going to be one, unfortunately i wasn't able to come to the City for it.

It seems to have gone well, just the one protester, but he seemed to be enjoying the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

corkonion wrote: »
    It seems to have gone well, just the one protester, but he seemed to be enjoying the attention.

According to the interview on Neil Prenderville's show, the protester also had a dog with him. So that's two, sort of, a big crowd by Cork's protest standards TBH.

It's Limerick's problem now, and with their bulldozing of their problems under the soil, a tiny circus and a small herd of elephants ~ we'll never hear from them again. I suspect.

Unless they are sent to live in Knocknaheeny, or Togher or Mahon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

shivdaspiv wrote: »

No, and there is a protest this Saturday in Castlebar too. Unfortunately that's further than I can convince my boyfriend to drive. But when the protests, and circuses move east, me and my friend (and her daughter, dragged along and looking embarrassed) will be there.

I am glad other people on this thread are feeling the same about these animals.

Advertisement