Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a bench made in Waterford for a graveyard

Options
  • 28-03-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello! I am just wondering does anyone know of any place in Waterford or nearby that makes benches and engraves plaques to be placed in graveyards in honour of a deceased relative?? Iv noticed benches around most of the graveyards in Waterford and think it is a wonderful idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

I could be wrong but I would presume that you make a donation to the graveyard/ council in your deceased's name with the intention of it going towards a bench.. meaning I don't think you can just go along and place one their yourself. Graveyards are getting very strict regarding what can be placed lately. It's a lovely idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It is a great idea and one that could be put to much more use if the bench was put in a public park instead of a graveyard.

I think the nicest bench is a timber one, any good joiners should be able to make one. If you wanted metal stands with a timber seat and back, any of the metal works would make them, they can sort out the inscribed plaque too.

Advertisement