Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dundalk!

Options
  • 28-03-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Dundalk and will be moving up there from Cork in the next week or so.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where would be best to rent there (or any other tips :P)? I will be working in Finnabair Industrial Estate and will be hoping to live within a 20/25 minute walk from there..

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi OP

Looking for a room or house or apartment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Plenty of house-share arrangements within an easy 20 minute walk of there I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Heather_Honey

MugMugs wrote: »
    Hi OP

Looking for a room or house or apartment ?

I'd be open to any of the above really! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

i think finnabair industrial estate is where boyesports and heinze etc is isnt it?

If you are just looking for a room a few housing estates within walking distance would be

bay estate
    kingswood
    the loakers(i think, on the rock road)
    muirhevna mor(be careful here, some nice parts, some dodgy parts)

If you were to invest in a bike and cycle to work it would realy broaden your oppertunities. you could get some really nice apts/ houses cheap enough within a 25 minute cycle.

Unfortunately i dont think finnabair industrial estate is any good for public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

I have a room to rent in the Seatown area and I work in the Finnabair Industrial estate.

If you are interested drop me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 arnold72

all tom bellew avenue is local to finnabair industrial estate though you dont want to be too close to that as its near outskirts which will leave you as far from the town ... forget the option of Muirhevina mor no disrespect its not a rental area your from Cork you have Blackpool , mayfield you know what i mean ... bayestate avenue road , and this guy ciarain corbett if its corbettss of seatown youll be fine:) good reputable family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The Loakers would be handy but enough and theres a Dunnes Stores near to the Finnabair

• Registered Users Posts: 40 eddiezero

Hi HH

Finabair Ind Estate is quite close to a number of areas with the college close by.

Personally if you wanted somewhere nice I would suggest Blackrock which is about a 35 min walk from Finnabair.

Beautiful this week in the sun.

The Loakers as earlier suggested woudl also be a good spot to locate.

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

eddiezero wrote: »
    Hi HH

Finabair Ind Estate is quite close to a number of areas with the college close by.

Personally if you wanted somewhere nice I would suggest Blackrock which is about a 35 min walk from Finnabair.

Beautiful this week in the sun.

The Loakers as earlier suggested woudl also be a good spot to locate.

Good luck!!

I'm not trying to be smart here but Blackrock is a bit on the pricey for a rental.Also the walk to the rock on a sunny day is a delight surely,but this is Ireland and those kind of days are few and far between.90% of the time you would freeze your nips off on that walk:pac:

Advertisement