Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish and Junk in neighbours Back Garden

Options
  • 28-03-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all, im living beside a house which is rented by 3 lads and the back yard is over run with junk, rubbish bags, beer bottles, broken chairs etc. I dont feel comfortable asking them to clean it up nor do i have the landlords name or number.

It is an eye sore and now coming into the summer its only going to get worse with flies etc. Can anyone tell me what my options are here other than deal directly with these lads as i would be afraid of them and having to live beside them, is there anyone i can ring? i have taken photo's.

Thanks in advance : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can try this way to find owner
    https://www.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Think it's a health and safety issue - your local council should be able to help enforce a clearance on those grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

biko wrote: »
    You can try this way to find owner
    https://www.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

Thank you, tried it but no joy..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

athtrasna wrote: »
    Think it's a health and safety issue - your local council should be able to help enforce a clearance on those grounds.

Even the fact that its in a back yard? Thats true if someone fell on the pile of glass bottles of which are at least 200 they could be seriously injured. Will look into it later, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

NonSickle wrote: »
    Even the fact that its in a back yard? Thats true if someone fell on the pile of glass bottles of which are at least 200 they could be seriously injured. Will look into it later, thank you.

More from the attracting rats angle than physical injury angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Rats will become a big problem, maybe tell one of them you saw a few rats in there garden maybe the fools will get off there arses and start cleaning it up

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

Get on to the Environmental Section of your local county or city council office - they will send an environmental officer or litter patrol warden out to have a look. They can issue on the spot litter fines, and also insist on the occupants getting a waste collection service set-up.

If the rubbish is causing a rodent problem (with human health being at risk), then you can also get on to the local Environmental Health Officer at your nearest HSE centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know, where you live, but Dublin City Council have a complaints section on their website. Heard, they are quite effective.

Advertisement