Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] GW31 Captaincy Poll

• 28-03-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Made a little more effort this week. ;)

Who will you captain this GW? 75 votes

Mata (away to Villa)
    0%
    Lampard (away to Villa)
    0%
    Jelavic (home to West Brom)
    1%
    kearneybobs 1 vote
    Dempsey (home to Norwich)
    0%
    Pogrebnyak (home to Norwich)
    4%
    MikeCork2009grohlisagodMorricone 3 votes
    Silva (home to Sunderland)
    4%
    pahSpaceCowb0yWalter White 3 votes
    Aguero (home to Sunderland)
    1%
    Hairy Nipples 87 1 vote
    Balotelli (home to Sunderland)
    1%
    FutureGuy 1 vote
    Sessegnon (away to City)
    0%
    McClean (away to City)
    0%
    Walters (away to Wigan)
    0%
    Crouch (away to Wigan)
    0%
    Ba (home to Liverpool)
    0%
    Cisse - NU (home to Liverpool)
    1%
    shayno90 1 vote
    Gerrard (away to Newcastle)
    0%
    Suarez (away to Newcastle)
    0%
    Bale (home to Swansea)
    1%
    John83 1 vote
    Adebayor (home to Swansea)
    8%
    PWEIdahatMr. Guappacup of teaghosttownjuliet38 6 votes
    Sigurdsson (away to Spurs)
    0%
    Yakubu (home to Man Utd)
    1%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    Valencia (away to Blackburn)
    0%
    Young (away to Blackburn)
    1%
    manual_man 1 vote
    Rooney (away to Blackburn)
    0%
    Van Persie (away to QPR)
    28%
    keano_afcgustafoMr MoonRoonboxNalzcarlconJuxtaposecurry-muffSideshow MarkThe_Kew_TourredarmyDegagABEasyrcottereBigtoe107thegreengoblincoronaextraunkymomassdebateritsnotmyfault 21 votes
    Walcott (away to QPR)
    46%
    SickBoySkyStermachiavellianmesmokingmanspartacus93rorycLemlinRikandGLaDOSronan.hAmiraniNabyLadisthemanwho_ruShane732ThanosJax TellerStey_9daregoFatRatseriousfizz 35 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Walcott (away to QPR)
    You seem to have forgotten:D Van Pirsie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    smokingman wrote: »

Oh my jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I think BAE home to Swansea should be added to the poll. Good chance that Spurs will keep a clean sheet.

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    And I can't edit!

I stupidly skipped over the QPR/Arsenal game.

If a mod could add Walcott and RVP, that would be lovely and save me some shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Pogrebnyak (home to Norwich)
    One last hurrah for Dempsey I think. The man is a demon at the Cottage. Norwich not too good at the back either.

Rooney and RVP away from home against sides who'll be hugely motivated. I already have 3 United players so I think that's enough invested in United doing the business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    carlcon wrote: »
    Oh my jesus

Amateur's :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Tempted to go Rooney over Bale, someone talk me out of it, it always backfires when I pick an away captain lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

PWEI wrote: »
    I think BAE home to Swansea should be added to the poll. Good chance that Spurs will keep a clean sheet.

Don't forget that Sigurdsson seems to be at his scoring best away from home. 4 of his 5 have come in two matches away from home.

There's a chance that Spurs might concede imo.

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Thanks Mr Moon!
    --

Yes, Siggy away from home has no fear. He doesn't play any differently, it seems, and if anything, it could be argued he's been better away from home since he joined the PL.

But once again, United and Arsenal face fixtures you'd expect goals in. Has to be one of the big two again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

carlcon wrote: »
    Yes, Siggy away from home has no fear. He doesn't play any differently, it seems, and if anything, it could be argued he's been better away from home since he joined the PL.

I'm wrong. 5 goals and 1 assist in the 5 matches away from home. Only 2 assists at home. Complete opposite of what it should be.

Don't think I could go for him though.

Might take a punt on Cisse. Would be a big gamble but Liverpool have been leaking goals recently. With Carragher in there they look likely to continue doing that.

• Advertisement

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    Tempted to go Rooney over Bale, someone talk me out of it, it always backfires when I pick an away captain lol

I don't think any "talking out of it" needs to be done. Rooney is definitely the sensible choice, IMO. We all know what Bale can do, but it's a big risk to start gambling on him now with captaincy when both RVP and Rooney have games against very weak defences, while Bale faces the on-and-off most organised and brilliant to watch team in the league, who are full of clean sheets and upsets. Not to mention Bale's current luck/form not going our way in FF terms lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Have been very impressed with Bale having watched Spurs' last 2 games, he seems to be involved in everything, however this hasn't been reflected in FF points. My head says RVP but my heart is telling me to take a risk and back Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thats cos he will be rested..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Walcott (away to QPR)
    Another weekend where the RVP (c) people will be waiting ages to see how the Rooney (c) people get on

Wish the two of them would play at the same time, or same day!

I'm torn between the two, dunno which to go for (Despite voting RVP in the poll)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Wenger trolling my team with those RVP comments last weekend. If both Rooney and RVP start, RVP gets my armband. Any chance we'll know by the 11:30 Sat morning if RVP will start? Might just leave it on Rooney to be safe and change it if I hear any more news. With no other comps for Arsenal, I really can't see RVP being rested though.

Dempsey's leaving my team next week too, I nearly want to give him the armband for old times sake. He's been so good to me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Young (away to Blackburn)
    lumped for Dempsey. feck it. VP vc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Jelavic (home to West Brom)
    Frankie Lamps and RvP VC.

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Overwhelming support for RVP again, I see. I think Rooney might be my man this week, simply because I think Blackburn are just about worse than QPR at the back. But (like every week it happens) I'm going through the "well he didn't score last week, he's bound to score this week" thoughts about RVP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Walcott (away to QPR)
    Blackburn away is usually a tough game for united I don't expect too many goals so for that reason I'm going with Rvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

Walcott (away to QPR)
    I have the armband on RVP at the moment, though I am very tempted by Dempsey this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody think Bale worth a risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Valencia anybody? Ahhh! so hard to choose. I've got it wrong 3 weeks in a row now. I think I will go with Rooney cus he seems to be getting a goal or assist every game at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Walcott (away to QPR)
    Dempsey or RVP. Has to be. Rooney has served me well as captain the past few weeks but I really don't fancy him away to Blackburn. Dempsey is definitely due a goal, maybe another hat-trick. I'll probably go for Dempsey but for now, and for the past week, the armband is on RVP. QPR are looking horribly bad and Blackburn are picking up form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Went with Bale,he seems to be playing a little better recently,hope a pure gamble will be rewarded..........still think RVP will be rested tomorrow and Rooney at Bburn does not fill me with confidence of goals for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Walcott (away to QPR)
    dahat wrote: »
    Went with Bale,he seems to be playing a little better recently,hope a pure gamble will be rewarded..........still think RVP will be rested tomorrow and Rooney at Bburn does not fill me with confidence of goals for him

Arsenal are not in any other competitions so why would AW rest Van Persie? RVP will fill his boots and those of all us smarties who picked him. Can see him scoring at least a hat-trick and can see myself powering further up the FF tables. Every decision i have made recently seems to be correct and i am flying along in all my leagues so i have full confidence in my Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I have had it on him since watching the Spurs-Bolton cup game during the week. Getting cold feet now though. I've been on the wrong end of the Rooney/RVP captaincy dilemma for each of the last 4 weeks though so Bale is probably best avoided based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Van Persie (away to QPR)
    Nobody going with Rooney? (edit just saw the 18 in the poll)

I've the options of Rooney, Valencia, Bale, Richards or RVP. Still undecided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

No Nasri in the poll but he is my captain pick, think city will spank a deflated Sunderland after their FA Cup exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What are these talks of RVP rested? Any source?

I'll be wary though,, the last time Wemger said that VP scored 23 pts :rolleyes:...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Walcott (away to QPR)
    I hate having a big player in the last game of the weekend and not captaining him. If none of your other players score big and your rivals have him as captain It's always a nervous 90 minutes. So think I'm going Rooney. Hate over looking RVP when he hasn't scored in the past 2 games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement