Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to OZ(tickets)

Options
  • 28-03-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello all
    Just a few questions regarding tickets. Firstly im going to get a one way as I have enough money for a ticket home. Thats ok is it not?
    Who do ye recommend I fly with? I don't plan on spending a whole lot and don't want to stop anywhere for a few days like some folk do. are they any good comparison websites to buy tickets from? Im going to go in the middle of May.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

have a look on sky scanner
    im booking flights to new zealand one way for novemeber and the last month the best price was 670 euro one way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've flown with Singapore air and Malaysian air and like them both. Flew recently with Qatar air and wouldn't rate them as highly as the others. For convienence you can fly with Emirates and Eithad one stop from Dublin. Everything else will be two stop in with a stop London or Frankfurt etc and in the Asia somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chrispym

I booked mine with trailfinders.ie cost €911 return going the 26th of may was the best i could find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Plug wrote: »
    im going to get a one way as I have enough money for a ticket home. Thats ok is it not?

Yup!
    Who do ye recommend I fly with?

I'm flying to Melbourne next week with malaysia airlines. I booked through e-bookers which cost €635 one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Just be aware that it will cost you more to buy a ticket from Australia to Ireland in Australia then it dose to buy a ticket from Ireland to Australia. You would probably be financially better of if you bought a return from Ireland as long as you know a date you want to be back in Ireland and have the money. I know people who live in Australia now but buy return tickets every year in Ireland to leave Ireland just after New Years and come back to Ireland before the following Christmas because it is much cheaper to book from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

I traipsed the internet and companies for tickets in August!
    I'm flying from Dublin via London - Kuala Lumpar to Adelaide on the 15th. In the end Trailfinders came up trumps with a flight one way for 637€, that's the best I found anyway!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kenndy

Hello all
    Just a few questions regarding tickets. Firstly im going to get a one way as I have enough money for a ticket home. Thats ok is it not?
    Who do ye recommend I fly with? I don't plan on spending a whole lot and don't want to stop anywhere for a few days like some folk do. are they any good comparison websites to buy tickets from? Im going to go in the middle of May.

Thanks.

Hiya!

Im planning on visiting a few countries over a 13 week period on the way over to oz so I was expecting to have to spend a small fortune for all the one way flights... but then I found ebookers Online!! They were really helpful, friendly and most importantly a serious bargain for flights. last week I got one way flights from dublin to dubai, dubai to bangkok, bangkok to Singapore, and finally Kuala lumuar to melbourne for €1000! So they might even work out cheaper for you for a direct flight!
    best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joyfuljoy12

kenndy wrote: »
    Hiya!

Im planning on visiting a few countries over a 13 week period on the way over to oz so I was expecting to have to spend a small fortune for all the one way flights... but then I found ebookers Online!! They were really helpful, friendly and most importantly a serious bargain for flights. last week I got one way flights from dublin to dubai, dubai to bangkok, bangkok to Singapore, and finally Kuala lumuar to melbourne for €1000! So they might even work out cheaper for you for a direct flight!
    best of luck!

Good to know - thanks!

Advertisement