Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do YOU have the right car for your instrument?

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I'm looking around for a new car of late and I'm running into an interesting, funny but also really frustrating problem!

I have to buy a car that can accomodate my Harp, and as a result I've had to dismiss a couple of really nice ones from the potentials list simply becuase they're not roomey enough (as it turns out a Harp in a soft case is pretty big!)

As a case in point I went out to a dealership yesterday to take a look at a machine I really had my heart set on(Alfa Romeo, in case you're wondering :)), everything looked fine except when I looked at the back seat and the boot and I had a chilling feeling that the Harp wouldn't fit.

I know my teacher has the same problem with her car, has anyone else run into this!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Skoda Octy.....Huge boot!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭squonk

Volvo 850/940/740/240 estates? They're huge! the Octy is big also and even bigger with the seats down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I know of one harpist that boughht a VW Caravelle to accommodate her harp. You may well have to go up to the van size vehicle for ease of loading and unloading safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Check out the boot in the VW Jetta
    it's big enough for three sets of pipes flat and all large enough size cases(as in the flatter kind)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm actually going to see a car on Saturday. It's small and horrifically impractical, it does however suit my personality almost perfectly so if the Harp fits I'll buy!

If not, I'll likely cry quietly in the corner of the forecourt for a few minutes and leave...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Not a suzuki Wagon R?

Renault Kangoo can be quite roomy, not that I like Renaults or Citroens for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Interestingly with the back seats down a Honda CR-Z can hold a Harp and soft case easily.

Do a search on the CR-Z and you'll be surprised, because it doesn't look like it's big enough for for a Harp at all!

Advertisement