Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company looking for more shipping fees

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I placed an order with a supposedly reputable company back in November during their black friday sale.

The order came to $200 and the black friday sale meant there was free shipping worldwide.

Fast forward to today I still do not have my order and now the latest from the company is that they will re-send the order if i pay $50+ dollars to have it sent to me.

Is it me or is this being very cheeky?

I have yet again, requested a refund from them.

Am I within my rights to request a refund and not want to have to pay $50 to have the order sent to me again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

They cant demand 50 you didnt agree to pay and they cant refuse you a refund when they havent even dispatched the items. They may not be obliged to ship the items for free seeing as the offer has lapsed, it would probably be only good will if they did.

But either they dispatch the items at the agree price or they refund you the 200 if you are unwilling to pay the extra. They have no right to deny you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks MungBean,

I have requested a refund, so will see what they say.

I feel like I've been very patient waiting since Nov 25th for my order!

If they don't agree, I don't particularly trust them to re-send the order, so I hope getting a credit card chargeback won't be too much of a pain!

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

They're saying that they shipped the order and it got lost? Or that it got returned to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Moyglish

They're saying it was posted sometime in December, I never received it, they haven't stated if it was ever returned to them for whatever reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paypal or credit card? Initiate a chargeback if so, give them all the details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement