Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avicii - The O2, Dublin

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Avicii
    The O2, Dublin
    Sunday 3rd June 2012
    Tickets are €45.40 and go on sale this Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Serious question here..........WHO??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

scudzilla wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh God no! Just NO!!

I can get the same end result in 5 minutes on EJay Dance on my laptop. But I wouldn't bother because its just awful.

This sort of music is the absolute pits. The pits!

And for 50 quid!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

The o2 Is Going Downhill Fast :eek:

Sort of music you hear in a really ****ty nightclub. The tail end of the early 90's novelty rave stuff was better than that. The stuff that was a poor copy of Charly by The Prodigy.

Is it even music in the proper sense? Seriously.

"Music - an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

I'm not sure this **** qualifies. Particularly the "significant forms" part.

50 ****ing quid! Dear oh dear. So much good music out there and people are paying 50 quid to go and see this nonsense. Sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

scudzilla wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought when I received the priority tickets text today.
    Reading this thread and listening to his/her/their/its "track" makes me sad. This is not a serious attempt to fill the o2, is it? Gosh, what happened to the Dublin crowd?
    "What you hear in a really sh!tty nightclub" is spot on!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He only has 1 song ha

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Lads,
    if you've no interest in or any kind of knowledge about EDM, just ignore the thread, why bother posting silly stuff?

Avicii just played Ultra Miami to over 100,000 americans and the only way you can say he's only got one good song is if you listen to radio all day... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

"EDM"?
    100,000 Americans,eh?
    Good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I can't wait!

starts at 6:50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Gonna be amazing, delighted he's fitting Ireland into the tour, tix are possibly on the pricier side of things for my liking but I'll head anyway. Worried about it being a scanger-fest...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well if Madonna is all over it then it must be cutting-edge relevant!!! Sweet Jesus and the orphans... America is going to be the death of dance music. Oh, sorry, "EDM".

hefferboi wrote: »
    I can't wait!

starts at 6:50.

Its like a bad CD mix in a bad gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lads,
    if you've no interest in or any kind of knowledge about EDM, just ignore the thread, why bother posting silly stuff?

Avicii just played Ultra Miami to over 100,000 americans and the only way you can say he's only got one good song is if you listen to radio all day... :rolleyes:
    for most of the "EDM" community, Avicii is a joke of an artist, pumping out cheesey commercial sh1t to teenagers who have no clue about dance music.
    that gig posted above is absolutely cringeworthy, which is no surprise, as the the main stage at Ultra is essentially a pop-music stage. tops off, illuminous shades, glowsticks :pac: :pac: :pac:

i'm sure Avicii at the O2 will sell well. there's lots of people who 'totes luv dance music lol' who will buy tickets.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

45.50 to hear that shyte! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I'm amazed this is at the o2... Academy yea but o2? One famous song and play there fair play!!

I'm a fan of dance music but most of the new acts are far too commercial! their ruining the genre!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Riac

The Nal wrote: »
    Its like a bad CD mix in a bad gym.
    It is from some, just as listening to KoRn or any of those type bands is like listening to a washing machine full of rocks to others, I don't see why people need to come into these threads and be so negative, If you don't know the performer walk on..

Also back on topic, I'm kinda surprised he got such a large venue surely the Academy would have been a better choice, But since Avicii will be revealing his new Live show at Coachella in the next few days this may be why they went with the O2, Larger venue means larger production, no mention of support either? Still undecided on if I will pick up a ticket or not, it will either be a decent gig or a messy one full of ravers "grinding" away making it suck, nothing as bad as that =/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gonna be amazing, delighted he's fitting Ireland into the tour, tix are possibly on the pricier side of things for my liking but I'll head anyway. Worried about it being a scanger-fest...

More then likely will, alot of kids will be sickned to find out he cant play levels for 2hours:rolleyes:

Theres been a load of djs announced but all seperate dates. Of all announced i would have love to seen for a day long concert say tommy trash, benny benassi, calvin harris and swedish house mafia headlining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Riac wrote: »
    It is from some, just as listening to KoRn or any of those type bands is like listening to a washing machine full of rocks to others, I don't see why people need to come into these threads and be so negative, If you don't know the performer walk on...

+1

I'd have preferred it though if Avicii played Marley Park instead with a few others decent acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

is there no more seating tickets?!

• Advertisement

Bit weird having it the same night as Deadmau5

Bit weird having it the same night as Deadmau5
    Erm deadmau5 is the sixth? Sure they're in the same venue?!

Erm deadmau5 is the sixth? Sure they're in the same venue?!

Ah my bad , i knew it was around that time:p .Nope Deadmau5 is in the RDS

Ah my bad , i knew it was around that time:p .Nope Deadmau5 is in the RDS
    Ah he is on in the RDS!

What's the reason for that? Is the RDS bigger than the 02 actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What's the reason for that? Is the RDS bigger than the 02 actually?

RDS is smaller, unless it's outdoor.

RDS is smaller, unless it's outdoor.

He is in the simmonscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

for most of the "EDM" community, Avicii is a joke of an artist, pumping out cheesey commercial sh1t to teenagers who have no clue about dance music.
    that gig posted above is absolutely cringeworthy, which is no surprise, as the the main stage at Ultra is essentially a pop-music stage. tops off, illuminous shades, glowsticks :pac: :pac: :pac:

i'm sure Avicii at the O2 will sell well. there's lots of people who 'totes luv dance music lol' who will buy tickets.

Hipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

The Nal wrote: »
    Sort of music you hear in a really ****ty nightclub. The tail end of the early 90's novelty rave stuff was better than that. The stuff that was a poor copy of Charly by The Prodigy.

Is it even music in the proper sense? Seriously.

"Music - an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

I'm not sure this **** qualifies. Particularly the "significant forms" part.

50 ****ing quid! Dear oh dear. So much good music out there and people are paying 50 quid to go and see this nonsense. Sad really.

You listen to crap music.

facebook.com/PODLIVE
    With less than 5 weeks to go until Avicii takes on The O2, Dublin, the final phase of the line-up is ready to be revealed! King of Dirty Dutch himself, Chuckie, and electro-house master Hardwell. If this isn’t enough to whet your appetite, global sensation Nicky Romero will also be joining the Swede exclusively for the Dublin show, along with home-grown DJ Al Gibbs. Tickets for Avicii @ The O2, Dublin are on sale now through Ticketmaster ireland and outlets nationwide. Doors: 6.30pm, Curfew: midnight. http://www.aviciio2.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 POD Presents

avicci-cover3.jpg

Pod & AEG LIVE presents

"Coolest Dance event of the Summer"

BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY
    JUNE 3RD
    THE O2 DUBLIN

AVICII -www.facebook.com/avicii
    CHUCKIE - -www.facebook.com/djchuckie
    HARDWELL -www.facebook.com/djhardwell
    NICKY ROMERO -www.facebook.com/djnickyromero
    AL GIBBS -www.facebook.com/AlGibbs104

Doors 6.30pm - MIDNIGHT
    Tickets €45.40
    16 to 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult. ID required.
    ID REQUIRED
    UNDER 16S NOT ADMITTED

http://www.facebook.com/avicii
    http://www.twitter.com/avicii
    http://www.soundcloud.com/aviciiofficial
    http://www.youtube.com/aviciideo

More info www.pod.ie
    http://www.facebook.com/podlive
    http://twitter.com/podlivegigs

With less than 5 weeks to go until 22-year-old Swedish megastar AVICII takes on the UK for the first time in history, the full line-up is ready to be revealed!

On bank holiday June 3rd and 4th, Avicii will descend upon The O2, Dublin and The O2, London respectively, accompanied by the King of Dirty Dutch himself, CHUCKIE, and electro-house master HARDWELL. If this isn’t enough to whet your appetite, global sensation NICKY ROMERO will also be joining the Swede exclusively for the Dublin show, along with home-grown DJ AL GIBBS.
    Its no secret that Avicii is the biggest DJ on the planet at this moment in time. Having recently headlined the world famous Ultra Music Festival main stage with pop Goddess MADONNA, and currently promoting his breathtaking new single SILHOUETTES whilst on his most monumental US Arena Tour to date, he truly has arrived at superstar status.

Dirty Dutch superstar Chuckie is the most senior of the acts. A MOBO winner in both 04 & 05, he is no stranger to mingling with the big guns. He has remixed P Diddy, David Guetta and Michael Jackson to name a few as well as having residencies at Subliminal in Pacha, Ibiza and 3 more to boot in the US. His Dirty Dutch Club has sold out to 30,000 people in Amsterdam. He truly is a worldwide sensation!

Nicky Romero is having a massive year! A resident at F*uck Me I’m Famous, remixing Madonna, collabrations with David Guetta and touring with Tiesto. He is widely tipped to be hitting the big (bigger) time. Watch this space.......

At 23 years old, Harwell has been DJing for 10 years and 9 of those he has been signed to various labels! The king of the big room electro house sound, he packs a hell of a lot of experience for someone of his age! Remixes for non other than Fedde Le Grande, Armin Van Burren, Laidback Luke Martin Solvieg and a North American tour with Tiesto!

Tickets for Avicii @ The O2, Dublin are on sale now through www.ticketmaster.ie and outlets nationwide.

Advertisement