Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit and social welfare household budget scheme

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Would it be possible to not have to pay the security deposit if money was paid every month via the household budget scheme where money is deducted from social welfare payments at source?
    ie: €20 a week taken at source would more than cover the standard charge for Next Generation Broadband Regular & eircom talktime talker @€;57.69 a month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

MariMel wrote: »
    Would it be possible to not have to pay the security deposit if money was paid every month via the household budget scheme where money is deducted from social welfare payments at source?
    ie: €20 a week taken at source would more than cover the standard charge for Next Generation Broadband Regular & eircom talktime talker @€;57.69 a month.

Hi MariMel,

I am afraid the only other option when activating a new account is setting up a direct debit if the customer does not want to pay the security deposit.

However one of the options have to be agreed upon as eircom need to have some measure of security, and when this type of process is introduced it has to be applicable to all customers.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

The household budget scheme is actually more secure than the direct debit option. You can't remove it without putting in writing vs going in to the bank and cancelling direct debits. Or removing any funds that are in the account/not putting any money in it. Its deducted the second the money reaches the social services account in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

I'm with bord gais for gas and electricity the past 6 months paying through direct debit to avoid the security deposit and I was wondering would I be able to set up to pay them through the household budget scheme without having to pay the security deposit? any advice would be appreciated..:)

Advertisement