Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Ice-Cream?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

An ice-cream float would do it for me right now.

Ice cream in a glass topped up with Coke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

1. Ice Cream Snickers
    2. Magnum Hazelnut
    3. 99

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders had a funny name which made you wanna buy them, but were they honestly wibbly or wobbly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Ormus wrote: »
    1. Ice Cream Snickers
    2. Magnum Hazelnut
    3. 99

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders had a funny name which made you wanna buy them, but were they honestly wibbly or wobbly?

ya they were - especially the yellow section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They don't sell them in Ireland anymore :( The caramel ones were to die for! Had one last time I was in the Czech Republic though.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! The same thing happened with Snow Flake bars, I got a craving for one and found out they'd been discontinued. why must everything I love be taken away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Why did they do away with Fat Frogs.

Bring back fat frogs

they didn't do away with them

Fat frogs became alcoholic and moved into the adult world with a fair bit of success. Now seemingly out of fashion again, I can see them crawling back into the fridge looking for us to take them back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

ya they were - especially the yellow section

Your memory serves you poorly my friend, the yellow section had a kinda gelatinous sheen to it but it was definitely on the rubbery side of wibbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Wibbly wobbly wonders, I haven't seen them in ages though. Or else some of the new Cornettos/Magnums. Is there any coffee ice creams out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

prinz wrote: »
    Was there something called a Bonanza around once upon a time?

Yes had caramel in it, HB had a few new ice creams at the time, my fav was Sky. Now there ice cream has gone crud.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36197_404483774423_809374423_4093099_1936805_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Yes had caramel in it, HB had a few new ice creams at the time, my fav was Sky. Now there ice cream has gone crud.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36197_404483774423_809374423_4093099_1936805_n.jpg

Aww wow, that takes me back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

99 of course other wise a corrnetto, strawberry, chocolate, coffee or vanilla ice-cream, mmmm.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

50p :eek: No wonder I only remember having it one time. Must've been the big spend at the time.:pac:

Miss the golly one, fat frog and the foot ones. They still have the one with the chocolate and two other layers with the green and yellow. Have they stopped selling the stuff you suck out of the plastic things? I like HB but like hagen daz and ben and jerrys more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knowit12

This sunny weather is makes me crave an ice cream - something like a cornetto would be lovely right now. Or a 99 - nom!

Had some of that new Ben and Jerries core stuff a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing!

But with all new types of ice-cream out there - I wanted to ask the good people of AH what you think the best ice-cream is, and why? :D

Mauds ice cream is by the far the nicest... loads of tasty different flavours.. my fave is chocolate marshmellow and poor bear :)
    take a trip out the howth and theres a coffee shop (pink and green shop) at the end of the village that does it there.
    Que is always out the door but well worth the wait and drive :) especially on a day like today

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Any one remember winner taco?? I used to love them as a kid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

No Calippos?

Best was fat frog.

Hot days Supper Split or Twister.

Loved maxi twist but eventually had barely any of the colouring in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mars ice cream, although i hate actual mars bars.

Cant bait a 99 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Best ice cream?

Devon House Soursop Ice Cream from Jamaica. You taste it once and all other ice creams don't taste so appealing any more.

Twister was nice. Love the baileys Icecream though by hagen daz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

prinz wrote: »

50p :eek: No wonder I only remember having it one time. Must've been the big spend at the time.:pac:
    You can fit at least 3 up each sleeve of a 1980's snorkel jacket ;)
    So I'm told anyway.

Magnum is nice tooo....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

An ice-cream float would do it for me right now.

Ice cream in a glass topped up with Coke :)

I was at a trade show in LA once and saw them doing brisk business at the bar with Guinness floats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pace2008 wrote: »
    36 posts in at the time of typing and no one's larging up the Mars ice cream. I am disappoint.
    Craving a Snickers Ice Cream now since you said that!

Saw Mars, Snickers or Bounty ice-cream bars on sale in Lidl at €2 for a box of 7.

Kinda getting a bit tired of chocolate in ice-creams, miss stuff like Sparklers or Fat Frogs. Still partial to Wibbly Wobbly Wonders (if I can find one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Kinda getting a bit tired of chocolate in ice-creams, miss stuff like Sparklers or Fat Frogs. Still partial to Wibbly Wobbly Wonders (if I can find one)

They're not ice creams, they're ice lollies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:eek: totally forgot about Skys! they were my favourite ever! but rarely got them cause they were so much :o the chocolate in the middle was great.

Feasts are good, not the same as they used to be. Freaky foots used to be good too. though of the newer stuff, Maltesers is great! and Mars are still good.

I picked up a 7 pack of mini mars ice creams in Lidl earlier...... .....I shouldn't really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Now I'm craving a Sky bar :( They were the business!

Love a Snickers now and still can't beat the ould Maxi Twist ice cream tubs :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Twisters ftw on hot days - magnums on any other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Teddy's 99 and a stroll down the pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

Without doubt, the best ice cream i have ever had was from Worskeys Spar in Ramelton Co.Donegal. I dont know how it is so good as its the normal whipped ice cream mix that they use. I think they just follow the manufacturers instructions to the tee and I suspect that most other shops water down the whipped ice cream mix. Thumbs up to Worskeys shop in Ramelton Co.Donegal for having the best whipped ice cream in Ireland. OHH to eat a Worskeys ice cream with a cool bottle of McDaids Football Special, Life is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Teddy's 99 and a stroll down the pier.

Yes, in the 70's and 80's the whipped ice-creams from Teddy's were legend; they were fluffy and light like no other whipped ice-cream in Ireland. In more recent years they have simply descended in quality to be like every other whipped ice.

Ahh, nostalgia....... it's not like it used to be.

Z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ben and jerrys chocolate fudge brownie, which is half price in tescos at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Nicest ice-cream in my life was a 99 with strawberry/raspberry sauce that I got at oxegen a few years back... don't even like ice-cream that much but this was gorgeous! If it's something from the shop freezer, a 'normal' feast is easily the best out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The much missed Cheeky Choc. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

What was the one that was green, yellow, then chocolate covered in top?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Baileys flavour Haagen Daaz in a cone..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Ice Berger! Or a 99 with rasberry sauce and a flake... mmmmmmm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

thee glitz wrote: »
    What was the one that was green, yellow, then chocolate covered in top?

Loop the Loop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just had three scoops of good old-fashioned Mint Choc Chip ice cream. Nothing better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Wosserwoman

a 4x4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i'm just having a bowl of some of the b'n'j berry white core, some b'n'j doughble whammy core, and some plain hb vanilla, covered in chocolate and strawberry sauces.. delicious!!

fat frogs and pear sparklers ftw in the ice lolly category..

favourite ice cream though has gotta be b'n'j coffeecoffeebuzzbuzzbuzz.. coffee ice cream, with fudge and espresso beans. TO DIE FOR! pity it can't be found anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Pralines and cream. Haagen Dasz or however you spell it. Mmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Haagen Dazs Cookies and Cream. Though I only buy it when it's half price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

kelle wrote: »
    Haagen Dazs Cookies and Cream. Though I only buy it when it's half price!

Ha, me too. Although I'm always left with rows and rows of vanilla when it's half price. Dunnes need to seriously rethink their stock before they do a half-price deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Half Baked... I can't believe it took 96 posts for someone to say this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Half Baked... I can't believe it took 96 posts for someone to say this.
    Half Baked used to be my favourite for ages, but really it's not chocolatey enough. If it were 100% chocolate ice cream, instead of only half chocolate with half vanilla, then there'd be no doubt as to the winner of the ice-cream crown in my mind. But as it is, I have doubts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Magnum Double Caramel. I lived off them on holidays in France a few years ago. I averaged 2 a day for 2 weeks. Easily the nicest ice cream I've ever had.

Have never found them in Ireland though. Probably a good thing because they were loaded with calories and all that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Pralines and cream. Haagen Dasz or however you spell it. Mmmmm.

The crack cocaine of the ice cream word.

Delicous.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Mauds Chocolate Mallow and Poo Bears.

/Closethread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

snickers r alright, but is there a good standalone dedicated 'gourmet' icecream shop I can take home from and put in my fridge

• Advertisement
Advertisement