Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb costs and possible extension

Options
  • 28-03-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering could anyone give me any guidance on how much a basic refurbishment job would cost? (I saw basic as in all the things that need to be done, rather than expensive high spec extras)such as
    New heating (move from oil to gas) possible new radiators,Rewiring, All carpets and wallpaper removed replaced etc Would 20k cover this?

And can anyone give me a ball park figure to add a double extension to this house
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/28-derrynane-gardens-off-bath-avenue-sandymount-dublin-4/1553816

The kitchen & dining rooms are already an extension. Would it be the case that the single story extension would have to come down totally and be rebuilt or can you build on top of it?

Advertisement