Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Share some positivity

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I passed my lifeguard exam on Monday and I'm finished college for the week now. Mates having a BBQ in an hour and I'm going to chill in the Sunshine. Life is good at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Ac Milan and Barcelona on TV tonight. No Coronation Street or Eastenders on. Fcukin yaaaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

convertible cars and barbecues? in Ireland? in March? i hope ye brought jumpers with you, it does get fairly cold fairly quick these days with no clouds in the sky....

ah no, i love the sun:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

No sleep last night studying for an exam I only remembered I had Monday, wrecked going into it but it went well and after I got a white chocolate magnum. There is talk of a small gathering at the house tomorrow evening too which would be a nice change of pace. Life is good at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

I'm moving to Australia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I hope you break your leg on the way out.

But I hope it's a clean break, and there's no complications during your recovery period.

I'm afraid the best I can give you is a pair of slightly aching legs from cycling :).

I did almost hit two separate people who crossed the road without looking though, so I almost injured some other people, which is fairly satisfying :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Some serious skirt out there the last few days.

Mmmm, mmmm, MMMM! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I went for a hack in the forest, accompanied by some of my dogs. Pure bliss, although the horse may beg to differ, the winter rest has made him fat and lazy :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I've a killer bottle of trappist beer here. It's 750ml and 10%abv.

there we go, correct thread now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

I found out im H.I.V positive today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Finally we'll be shot of all this bloody sunshine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Surprised this has lasted so long in AH.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Surprised this has lasted so long in AH.

I think the sun has fried some people's brains and short-circuited their misery centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I got angry with a butterfly today and was going to punch it in the face. I counted to ten and decided to open the window. As it flew away I felt happy knowing that I made the right decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Started suffering from a pretty serious episodic mental illness in 2002 and lost my job. After a couple of recurrences, it became obvious in 2004 that I wasn't suitable to re-enter the workplace.

I applied to the council for social housing. I got a letter on Monday saying they think they may have a place for me. Don't want to be counting chickens, but, went out to Bray yesterday with a mate to scoff 99s on the seafront to celebrate, and asked another mate today, if he could meet me for a coffee, so I could give him the news.

He couldn't, as he'd already agreed to bbq with his missus and a couple of friends. Asked me if I'd like to join them. I said yes, obviously, and when I told them the news, his missus insisted on opening a bottle of Prosecco (?).

Had a lovely evening. Even if it falls through, haven't felt this positive and optimistic in years. It's been a great three days.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

HIV anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Suzie4 wrote: »

I searched the thread for hiv....didn't think you'd put dots in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Suzie4 wrote: »

Lad in our college running for president ended his already poor speech with this:
    Today I told my girlfriend I was a positive person, H.I.V. positive
    Needless to say he didn't win :rolleyes:

I love how upbeat most people are when the weather gets better, hopefully it last another while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Booked my flight to Jamaica today.

'There's a natural mystic blowin through the air' :cool:

• Advertisement

I got a letter on Monday saying they think they may have a place for me.

Best of luck, Sir.

Everyone needs a safe harbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Choco, is that 8years you've been waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Just booked flights home for June. Aint been back to the fatherland in a while.

3 weeks of watching European Championships, boozing with friends, catching up with family, going races and partying / shagging like I'm back in the 60s.

Choco, is that 8years you've been waiting?

Yeah. Just got the letter there on Monday, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I dont know if this is a new thing in all stores but try going into currys and see if they have a staff member who gives you a big smiley greeting on going in the door. I got this last Sunday. I had my earphones in so i just got a big smile but stopped me in my tracks, i didnt know what to do. Was hovering about a little near the guy wondering what the deal was. Anyways theres a short hit of positivity potentially up for grabs at currys. (in my case i was intrigued by the unusualness of it, i'm pretty sure i made the greeter a bit uncomfortable)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It's a pity most ordinary people can't afford the petrol to travel to these places. The bankers and corrupt politicians ruined us :mad::mad::mad:

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

I shaved my head a week ago, so the sunny sunny sunshine gives me an excuse to wear bandanas for the first time in my life. Does that count as positivity or vanity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have made some great new friends lately and have been invited to a Wii Dance Championship party this Friday :D Cannot wait! Oh so fun!

Got an awesome care package from my boyfriend today who loves me so very much :)

Just one week left in my group counselling sessions, been working hard on things.

Life's been going really well for me lately. Lots of college work but getting through it and making a better future for myself this way.

Edit- I live on the far east coast of Canada and the weather is sh1te btw. Snow tomorrow!

Neonjack wrote: »
    I shaved my head a week ago, so the sunny sunny sunshine gives me an excuse to wear bandanas for the first time in my life. Does that count as positivity or vanity?

Ah shure let's go with positivity for the thread that's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think every one likes this... Being told bye some one that they Love you even if your just friends ... its still nice to be told it bye another human I appreciate that, more then sunny days.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I live on the far east coast of Canada and the weather is sh1te btw. Snow tomorrow!

Is snow sh1te weather? It's way better than rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

grindle wrote: »
    Is snow sh1te weather? It's way better than rain!

We get snow, followed by freezing rain, with gale force winds. Check out my lovely forecast :pac: I tell ye this to make ye all feel better about being in Ireland!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/st-johns/a1a/daily-weather-forecast/49427?day=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

I make light of things I probably shouldn't laugh at.

Because if I do they don't seem so horrible and I'm able to deal with them better. It makes me feel better.

Neonjack wrote: »

Defo positivity. Especially, if you've an odd spud-shaped head like mine. I'm going for a Reni-esque "Stone Roses" sunhat little number which I feel is rather fetching.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

We get snow, followed by freezing rain, with gale force winds. Check out my lovely forecast :pac: I tell ye this to make ye all feel better about being in Ireland!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/st-johns/a1a/daily-weather-forecast/49427?day=1

What is a flurry? Sleet?

Any way im off for my swim.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa/perth/perth

Oh its looking a bit chilly during the rest of the week. Only 24, birrrrr :pac:

Full.Duck wrote: »
    What is a flurry? Sleet?

Any way im off for my swim.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa/perth/perth

Oh its looking a bit chilly during the rest of the week. Only 24, birrrrr :pac:

Guess who's never taken a niece or nephew to McDonalds.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I've taken up swimming. Haven't done it since I was a kid and it turns out I LOVE it. It's 40 degrees here and on Sat I will spend the entire day by a fancy outdoor pool (in the shade, mind you!), reading a book and popping in out of the pool for a swim. Only thing that would make it better is if I could get to a BBQ after :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Having one of these at the moment.

goldengaytime.jpg

Oh yes having a gay old time :pac: nom nom nom

Started suffering from a pretty serious episodic mental illness in 2002 and lost my job. After a couple of recurrences, it became obvious in 2004 that I wasn't suitable to re-enter the workplace.

I applied to the council for social housing. I got a letter on Monday saying they think they may have a place for me. Don't want to be counting chickens, but, went out to Bray yesterday with a mate to scoff 99s on the seafront to celebrate, and asked another mate today, if he could meet me for a coffee, so I could give him the news.

He couldn't, as he'd already agreed to bbq with his missus and a couple of friends. Asked me if I'd like to join them. I said yes, obviously, and when I told them the news, his missus insisted on opening a bottle of Prosecco (?).

Had a lovely evening. Even if it falls through, haven't felt this positive and optimistic in years. It's been a great three days.:)

That's a great attitude, hopefully it'll all work out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

my friend has a baby boy yesterday 5lb :)

my friend has a baby boy yesterday 5lb :)

Is that a baby or a turkey?

A baby!

Small turkey.

Advertisement