Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"In fact, it was the farmers who asked me to increase the stocking rate." Coveney

• 28-03-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

"In fact, it was the farmers who asked me to increase the stocking rate."
    Extract from http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2012-03-21.92.0 from the Dail on 21 March.
    That would be the IFA - talk about turkeys voting for Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Extract from http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2012-03-21.92.0 from the Dail on 21 March.

Yes rightly so, And i would be one of the farmers calling for an increase in stocking rates. Some of the best land tied up with 0.15units /ha (if im right) stocking rate just so people can call there own land crap. madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Coming from a seriously disadvantaged area I dont think it was any harm. The amount of lads that bought the bare few bullocks and kept them for the bare 3 months required was a joke. Money for nothing for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I didn't ask him.

If aeos were to go I'd be gone with it as my disadvantaged payment would be gone too.

My hill is unfenced, I;

Can't afford to buy 150 extra ewes overnight,
    If I could, they would scatter to the four winds, hill sheep need to be raised on that hill or at least raised with sheep that know that hill.
    Neither can I breed 150 instant ewes overnight.

This all takes time.

I couldn't expand previously as I was in Reps and doubly so because of the lazy way individual commonages were grouped together in the commonage framework plan.

Rock vs. hard place. I have no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

In same boat. Looks like someone out there doesn't want to share the trough with us. One word - Greed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Credible stocking rate for six months of the year.......welcome to the world of real farmers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

rancher wrote: »
    Credible stocking rate for six months of the year.......welcome to the world of real farmers

Well Racher it appears Mr. Coveney is going to get a thick ear from the IFA or is the IFA PR machine spitting out smoke?:).

http://www.ifa.ie/IFAInformation/tabid/586/ctl/Detail/mid/2202/xmid/5066/xmfid/23/Default.aspx

Seems that a lot of the smaller members of the IFA get the annual renewal Form, pop a Cheque in the post and think that the IFA are acting in their best interest.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

hey , does anyone have a link or info on where to get the critera? i take it calves born this year wont count as they're under 6 mths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

johngalway wrote: »
    I didn't ask him.

If aeos were to go I'd be gone with it as my disadvantaged payment would be gone too.

My hill is unfenced, I;

Can't afford to buy 150 extra ewes overnight,
    If I could, they would scatter to the four winds, hill sheep need to be raised on that hill or at least raised with sheep that know that hill.
    Neither can I breed 150 instant ewes overnight.

This all takes time.

I couldn't expand previously as I was in Reps and doubly so because of the lazy way individual commonages were grouped together in the commonage framework plan.

Rock vs. hard place. I have no choice.

I dont think the same rules apply to commanage/SAC/NHA land John assuming one of those apply to you.

I dont think the same rules apply to commanage/SAC/NHA land John assuming one of those apply to you.

I get a letter each year telling me I am below the minimum livestock level, and to send in proof (AOES plan in my case) of why I am below that level to claim my disadvantaged area payment.

I'm again caught in that bind because I don't think I can increase under AEOS either!

Oh yes, and Simon if you're reading this, you still owe me 2011 Disadvantaged and 2011 AEOS please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

johngalway wrote: »
    I get a letter each year telling me I am below the minimum livestock level, and to send in proof (AOES plan in my case) of why I am below that level to claim my disadvantaged area payment.

I'm again caught in that bind because I don't think I can increase under AEOS either!

Oh yes, and Simon if you're reading this, you still owe me 2011 Disadvantaged and 2011 AEOS please.
    Did you try to PM LostCovey, john?;)

It still amazes me that there is no thought or effort put in to sort out the cracks like yours that happen year after year:(

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see if the same letter comes in the door this year again, usually get it around September I think. I know of another person who get's the same.

Advertisement