Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What relation ?

• 28-03-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for some help as I have recently realised that I might be related to a friend of mine and am wondering if anybody can tell me what our relationship is.

A sister of my great grand father married her great grand father, what does that make us ?

Thanks

Joe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

If I'm remembering this correctly.... when the ancestor in common are your grandparents you are cousins, if the ancestors in common are your gt-grandparents then you are 2nd cousins, and as in this case the common ancestors are gtgt-grandparents - then I think you would be 3rd cousins.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Ok great, thanks shanew.

Advertisement