Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook for Construction Company

Options
  • 28-03-2012 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

Looking for some feedback!
    We are a family run Construction company who have until now relied on word of mouth for all our work. I have recently taken on the task of promoting us on Facebook. Initially this worked very well, I believe our portfolio speaks for itself but interest in our gallery of photos has faded. I had a few updates but these too have now become stale. I am struggling with keeping people interested in our page... unlike pubs and restaurants we don't seem to have daily updates / offers / events to keep our page updated and interesting. Having researched other construction companies pages I see they too have had the same problem and appear to have given up. I refuse to give up! So... what would you like to see on a Construction company's facebook page?? Or If you have any other advice please reply. I'll appreciate any ideas! Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,435 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure that a Facebook page particularly suits construction.

Depending on your skills and projects, a relatively simple website where you can upload photos and project details would be more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bus.

Thanks Victor. We have already got a website but it appears that Facebook is the way forward - links to friends of clients, a way of promoting ourselves to alot more people as well as daily interaction with people. If only I could crack the nack of keeping the interest in our page going!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Howyahorse

I think that that may be due to the fact that work has slowed down in the construction industry, not because your page is uninteresting!! Pardon me if i'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Howyahorse

I think that that may be due to the fact that work has slowed down in the construction industry, not because your page is uninteresting!! Pardon me if i'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

bus. wrote: »
    Thanks Victor. We have already got a website but it appears that Facebook is the way forward - links to friends of clients, a way of promoting ourselves to alot more people as well as daily interaction with people. If only I could crack the nack of keeping the interest in our page going!

Have you had many customer inquires through Facebook? If you haven't then you may well be wasting your time, if you do think it seems to work than PM me and I will send you a few ideas that should be cheap enough to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Lux23 wrote: »
    Have you had many customer inquires through Facebook? If you haven't then you may well be wasting your time, if you do think it seems to work than PM me and I will send you a few ideas that should be cheap enough to use.

Im trying to do the same for my dads plumbing business, is your PM offer for ideas open to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

I've been involved in Online PR and Social Media for a few years now and to be honest, you have absolutely nothing to loose by continuing.

A few questions for you...

Do you have any budget for it?
    What kind of things do you build? (Sorry, totally ignorant on this!)
    What have you done to date?

Advertisement