Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc cooling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Front intake, back exhaust, at minmum.

If you want extra, add a side intake. If you want even more, add a bottom intake and a top exhaust.

You want to try to maintain positive air pressure in the case (more intake than exhaust) to help keep out dust and the like. Negative usually works a little better for performance (varies from case to case of course) but there's not much in the difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Also if you haven't ordered yet, don't get that case and don't order from pixmania :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

^ And that. (Can't believe that went over my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

deconduo wrote: »
    Also if you haven't ordered yet, don't get that case and don't order from pixmania :P

Bit late now I Have the case from pixmania :P
    what's wrong with the case I've seen good enough reviews and I Have it now it seems fine!!
    also it wasn't 70 when I got it it was 40. I didn't have any trouble with pixmania either and delivery was quick!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Nertballs wrote: »
    what's wrong with the case I've seen good enough reviews and I Have it now it seems fine!!
    also it wasn't 70 when I got it it was 40. I didn't have any trouble with pixmania either and delivery was quick!!

Yeah that was the reason you shouldn't have gotten it, €70 is a complete ripoff but €40 is pretty good. In general though, most people here order from www.hardwareversand.de as they have the best prices.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was the reason you shouldn't have gotten it, €70 is a complete ripoff but €40 is pretty good. In general though, most people here order from www.hardwareversand.de as they have the best prices.

Yeah I only heard about them after I ordered my stuff but anyway! They're delivery doesn't suit as I'm buying stuff in fits and starts.

Anyway, what's the best fan config? And cooler? Thanks again!

Yeah I only heard about them after I ordered my stuff but anyway! They're delivery doesn't suit as I'm buying stuff in fits and starts.

Anyway, what's the best fan config? And cooler? Thanks again!

Advertisement