Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start a thread

Options
  • 28-03-2012 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I made a boards account ages ago, although I only recently starting contributing as I found it a bit confusing. I cannot reply to certain threads due to not having made enough posts - which I get.

However how do I start a new thread, I cannot find any info on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Cheers for the help, I have read point 3. However the "new thread" button seems to be missing from my account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

elmossman wrote: »
    Cheers for the help, I have read point 3. However the "new thread" button seems to be missing from my account.

It's not, you have the same rights to start a new thread, just as with any normal user.

Spear wrote: »
    It's not, you have the same rights to start a new thread, just as with any normal user.

I have been trying for ages. Its def not under the boards icon as stated in the link above?

I have only been able to post this and replies to other threads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have been trying for ages. Its def not under the boards icon as stated in the link above?

I have only been able to post this and replies to other threads.

Show me the link to where you're trying to start a thread.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Show me the link to where you're trying to start a thread.

I got sent this link on this thread and told to look at point 3.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056232089

Cheers for the help.

I got sent this link on this thread and told to look at point 3.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056232089

Cheers for the help.

Edit: nevermind, I read that too fast.

But I suspect you're viewing a the thread when you need to be viewing a forum instead to have the option to start a new thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=361

Click the link above. Its to the test forum. You will see under "ss test" is the "new thread" button. Give it a go.

Just figured it out. I was looking for a way to start a thread and then categorise it, rather than finding the forum first.

Cheers for the help!

Just figured it out. I was looking for a way to start a thread and then categorise it, rather than finding the forum first.

Cheers for the help!

That wouldn't be practical to have the button work like that. We've got 1100 or so active forums so the menu that result would be impossibly unwieldy.

If you need help locating forums, try this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056533903

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement