Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a List of Music festivals in Ireland 2012??

Options
  • 28-03-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Does any one have a definite list of music festivals in Ireland during for the rest of the year. obviously besides the main ones like electric picnic. I have done some research online but feel i might have missed some.

I know there's the life festival, sea sessions and INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival. But what ones are good as a smaller alternative to the big ones ??

im 23 and i have not been to any proper festivals yet so really want to go this year, but realistically i cant afford to dish out for a picnic ticket! So what are the alternatives :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Does any one have a definite list of music festivals in Ireland during for the rest of the year. obviously besides the main ones like electric picnic. I have done some research online but feel i might have missed some.

I know there's the life festival, sea sessions and INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival. But what ones are good as a smaller alternative to the big ones ??

im 23 and i have not been to any proper festivals yet so really want to go this year, but realistically i cant afford to dish out for a picnic ticket! So what are the alternatives :pac:
    It doesn't seem to be up yet, but entertainment.ie normally have a fairly good listing section for festivals each year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Queenroadkill

AOIFE (association of irish festival events) has a pretty comprehensive database of all the festivals on the island.

http://www.aoifeonline.com/

Be prepared though... there's millions of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Two others to consider are:

Forbidden Fruit - 3 day festival on June bank holiday weekend in Kilmainham, Dublin. This year's line-up, while probably not to everyone's taste, is certainly a very strong collection of acts - from old reliables like Leftfield, Wilco and New Order to flavour of the months like Grimes and Laura Holter. Also you can get a day ticket for €45, three days for something like €115 so definitely cheaper than the Picnic. Doesn't have the true festival vibe though as there's no camping, only a couple of stages etc. Well worth a visit at the same time.

Body and Soul - 2 days over Midsummer weekend in June. Never been to this but it has a cracking rep in terms of vibe and I'm going this year. Tickets about €100, no real "headline" acts as such but some pretty strong acts/DJs like M83, St. Vincent, Jon Talabot - my guess if you're into electronica/dancey stuff this would be the one to go to for the best mix of acts and atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

THe current issue of Hot Press has a detailed list of all the festivals going on in Ireland this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 frogstomper

This site breaks it down month by month.

http://www.musicfestivalsireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Is it against the rules to post about a site I have launched myself, even if it does answer this question.....maybe someone could inform me....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Jeden wrote: »
    Is it against the rules to post about a site I have launched myself, even if it does answer this question.....maybe someone could inform me....

Nah I'd say you're grand, post away! :)

Fair enough, well I won't go to town on the shilling front, but seeing as this is relevant.

Site - appropriately enough is http://www.festivals.ie/ -

It was borne of the very idea that I found it a pain in the balls trying to get info in one place for festivals here and in Europe.

Hopefully it will be useful to others. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Good site, I must remember it in future

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

Jeden wrote: »
    Fair enough, well I won't go to town on the shilling front, but seeing as this is relevant.

Site - appropriately enough is http://www.festivals.ie/ -

It was borne of the very idea that I found it a pain in the balls trying to get info in one place for festivals here and in Europe.

Hopefully it will be useful to others. :)

This may be my new favourite festival referencing site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Thanks all for posting these excellent resources for discovering festivals happening in Ireland now and throughout the year. These sites are all new to me and extremely useful.

I will be sure add these terrific online resources to SubscribeDublin.com shortly.
    I created a directory of Dublin websites: event guides, venues, theatres, festivals, and things to do. The goal of the site is to promote ways to subscribe to email newsletters of interest (my personal preference).

Festivals.ie (new site looks great!) and Music Festivals Ireland (I'm overwhelmed with all the possibilities) - please add a one-click email newsletter sign-up button in the future. That would help anyone stay informed about all the exciting festivals so we don't miss out. Thanks and good luck!

ScottSF wrote: »

Festivals.ie (new site looks great!) and Music Festivals Ireland (I'm overwhelmed with all the possibilities) - please add a one-click email newsletter sign-up button in the future. That would help anyone stay informed about all the exciting festivals so we don't miss out. Thanks and good luck!

Had a look at your site there - looks good.

In reply to your request for a one-click newsletter, we don't have a newsletter yet. Instead we allow users of festivals.ie to subscribe to festivals or artists they like and when they get added to lineups they get an automated email alert.

We thought it would be of a bit more use to do it that way to begin with.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

enda, I think your post fits perfectly in this board and in this thread. :)

Advertisement