Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions

Options
  • 28-03-2012 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help shave some time off my journey to college.
    I travel from Dundalk to Dublin city center 2 evenings a week, parking in Drury Street car park.

I have to be in college for 6.15PM. Most days I can achieve this going my regular route, but sometimes I am later leaving for college and do not make it on time. My departure varies from 4pm-5pm.

Normally I make it to the north side of the port tunnel in 35-40mins (I do not use the tunnel). I head up past Druncondra and then turn into and through Phibsborough and round past Christchurch?dame street. The last few miles of this route can be a nightmare.

I was wondering is there any other way I could go, like maybe onto the M50 and coming from the South side in order to save some time?

I know its a long shot but any help is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What college are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Dublin Business School

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

You might be quicker parking in somewhere like Malahide & jumping onto the dart into Pearse (Westland Row), then strolling through Trinity up to DBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Why not continue on straight rather than turning through Phibsboro? Try cross the Liffey over Capel St bridge, up through Temple Bar. Turn left and head towards College Green and turn right off Dame St into one of the many car parks in the area. Have no clue what traffic is like around there at that time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

How about one of them folding bikes in the boot and park somewhere near Phibborough and cycle across. Or get a bit closer and use the Dublin Bikes to finish the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

avoid cape st. its mahem. the route you have is about the best .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'd second that on saying it's the best route you have. Capel St can be very heavy at that time and as well you'd have to go right (which might be best anyway from there for DBS) after Parliament st as there are restrictions for College green that time.
    But you're going against the traffic and other than just getting a train in there really isn't a quieter route at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Cheers -worth a try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Why don't you park your car in Whitehall Church carpark (its free) and get the 16 or 16A in and out (thats 1.90 each way). You could actually get any of the buses in as far as O Connell Street or even D'Olier Street and walk the rest. Save you waiting for the 16. Otherwise the 16 stops are right outside the college. You could also try going onto the M50 and taking the Blanch exit - used to go in and out myself in the evenings for a short time and that way was relatively quiet.

Advertisement