Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Renewal??

Options
  • 28-03-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi not sure if this is the correct section for this post but hopefully someone will be able to help me.

so my car insurance is up for renewal on 14th april, got quote out and much the same if not more than last years insurance, rang them to see why and they said because i claimed 2 windows on the policy it hasnt came down :mad:

Rang a different broker and got quoted almost 200 cheaper, but what i want to know is do i need to tell them i claimed 2 windows on my previous policy?

I assumed it was just if you had an accident you'd tell the new broker that not about windows :eek:

any help please
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New applicants for Car Insurance are asked for claims history not accident history.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irish2011

Yeah i have 5years no claims bonus as it says on the letter, surely i wouldnt claim a window if i knew it would affect my insurance and it was covered on my insurance so bit confused :confused:

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Most insurance companies exclude window claims from affecting your no claims bonus. That's not to say they won't affect your premium. Did you get a cert that declares your NCB? Ask them for the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You should be absolutely fine OP but just for total clarity,its best to say you have had 2 glass claims.Id be incredibly surprised if this had any bearing on the price you have gotten however its better to be safe rather than run the risk of getting screwed for non declaration somewhere down the line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement