Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC

Options
  • 28-03-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi
    Ive applied for a place on the IEC programme, I received the letter of confirmation from the IEC that they received my application - this was 4 weeks ago - they still havent looked for payment or told me whether I am going to be eligible or not? Does anyone know if this is a normal lenght of time to wait??? :confused: I am getting worried that I wont have my visa in time as i have my flights booked....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Hi, I got my confirmation letter 2 weeks ago and still nothing either. From what I'm reading here its taking 3-4 weeks before they are asking for the payment. A terrible worry for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Got mine today, 5 weeks later. 4/5 weeks seems to be the average waiting period now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

What did you get? The visa or the email to look for payment? 5 weeks after you received the letter of confirmation that they received your application? Are you stil waiting on the visa?

hey again, I got an email today looking for the payment. So yes, it is around the 4 weeks mark that they look for the payment. I got the letter of confirmation on the 27th of Feb, they looked for payment today the 29th march. You also need to submit the Work Permit form via email - which I knew - but I am wondering does anyone know do we need to just send this form as it is (NOT signed) or do we need to print this off, sign, scan and then send off? I know we signed this form when we were sending off the forms to the IEC . BUT does the electronic version need to be manually signed/scanned and then sent, or do we need to type the signature on the screen OR does it need to be signed at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hi,
    I just received my request for payment after a 5 week wait. I went online to do the transfer but where I enter the name of person or company I am transferring money to 'The Canadian Embassy' does not fit, I can only get 'The Canadian Embas'. If I remove the spaces it'll fit. Has anyone had this issue?

It is the same with the WTN, i've read elsewhere various approaches such as leaving out the LDN and the dashes etc. Can anyone confirm their successful approach.

My online banking is through PTSB.

Thanks,
    J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

I don't think you have to print and sign, they are only looking for the original electronic version but maybe someone who has done it can confirm. I have an extra page that I needed to complete my experience but I read elsewhere that you don't need email that extra page.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Billyboo wrote: »
    hey again, I got an email today looking for the payment. So yes, it is around the 4 weeks mark that they look for the payment. I got the letter of confirmation on the 27th of Feb, they looked for payment today the 29th march. You also need to submit the Work Permit form via email - which I knew - but I am wondering does anyone know do we need to just send this form as it is (NOT signed) or do we need to print this off, sign, scan and then send off? I know we signed this form when we were sending off the forms to the IEC . BUT does the electronic version need to be manually signed/scanned and then sent, or do we need to type the signature on the screen OR does it need to be signed at all??

No just send a saved copy.

I double checked with USIT this morning and I got talking to a lady dealing directly with Canada. And she said no, not to sign. Just email the form I saved.

I will be so happy when all of this is over, its giving me migraines.
    The uncertainty and vagueness of the process is bizarre.

Its a shame that they dont have a tool like registered post, where we could type in our WTN once we get to that stage, and check the progress. Or where we are on the waiting list.

It must be heaven on earth we are going to .... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bananarep

Do u send the electronic version once you received the email saying they got your paper application or do u send the electronic version at the same time as your paper application??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

bananarep wrote: »
    Do u send the electronic version once you received the email saying they got your paper application or do u send the electronic version at the same time as your paper application??

no wait til they send you another email asking for payment and a copy of the work permit form etc. then you send the electronic copy of the work permit, and pay for your visa :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jayothelad82

I got my letter saying they received my stuff on the 9th March and that they would contact me in 2 weeks, still no word. If going by what seems to be the trend I should (fingers crossed) get a payment request in the next week or so.

I'm just wondering what are the chances of being denied at this stage.....i.e. what are the likely issues that could cause them to reject the application....anyone heard of them doing this.

Like most, I'm serverly paranoid at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I got my letter saying they received my stuff on the 9th March and that they would contact me in 2 weeks, still no word. If going by what seems to be the trend I should (fingers crossed) get a payment request in the next week or so.

I'm just wondering what are the chances of being denied at this stage.....i.e. what are the likely issues that could cause them to reject the application....anyone heard of them doing this.

Like most, I'm serverly paranoid at this stage!

they'll reject you if you didn't complete the app properly, or if you don't qualify under the 18 month rule

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

hey do u have to do a medical if ur from ireland

No you dont need to do a medical if you are from Ireland.
    But you still need to print off the medical form though and submit with your other documents, Just tick No and the end of the medical form. Just dont forget to attach it to your other documents.

Meant to say You must tick No *at* the end of the medical form

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joanken42

Hey all,
    I paid the IEC for the visa on 19th April. I never recieved an email to say that they received the payment. My partner paid at the same time and got an email back acknowledging the payment and about 2 weeks letter got his letter of introduction. I have requested to do a medical as I am a social care worker and hope to work with young people in Canada. Does anyone know if this could be the reason for the hold up??? Has anyone done a medical - how long afterwards does it take for them to reply?

I sent all my docs to them in Feb - it's a total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tia Ni Chlerigh

If anyone else feels the treatment they have received from IEC over Visa applications this year is disgraceful please comment on this article from today's Irish Times and there might be a chance that they will get back to those of us still waiting: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2012/05/30/canadian-quota-for-irish-visas-filled/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

Right lads, this whole proof of funds business. Had to take money from a Credit Union account and lodge it into my Bank account, so the last transaction is basically a Lodgement of 2,630, and my bank balance is 2,730. Lodgement done on the same day as the statement was ordered. Is there a chance they may cause a fuss over this?

Advertisement