Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera on N17 approaching the roundabout at Collooney

Options
  • 28-03-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed this today as I was coming out along the road. It's mounted on a black pole which looks to be about 6 or 7 ft high. If you're approaching the roundabout, it's on the lefthand side, just where the signs are for "Whiteside's Centra in Collooney", where the lane divides into two lanes.
    The camera is pointing back down the road (away from the roundabout). There's no signs saying "Speed Cameras" or anything either side of it.
    I'm a little curious about it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Might be a road census? (he says not really knowing what it is):D

On that subject, speeding...how long does it take a speeding ticket to come through. Not that I was breaking the law or nothing:rolleyes:

What is it with that part of the road outta Cliffoney that they dropped to 50k for ages and have now increased again? Breaking in new road surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

AFAIK It has never been operational. It' been there for years, I think.

Speeding tickets take a few weeks maybe?

And yeah, the 50 kmph limit is for that reason I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Open to correction, but I think I heard that was a detector to operate a digital sign at the junction before the roundabout went in. It's definitely there a long,long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Hadn't noticed it before ever ::oops::

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

red sean wrote: »
    Open to correction, but I think I heard that was a detector to operate a digital sign at the junction before the roundabout went in. It's definitely there a long,long time.

You're right, it's been there for years. Before the roundabout was put in, there was an electronic sign there telling you to slow down before you get to the junction with the N4 (did it tell you your speed as well? I can't remember).

It hasn't been operational for years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement